Addding Luxurfy to Neptune Suites.

sail7seas

Yes and no. HAL Neptunes Suite prices will get you a small oceanview cabin on Seaborne.

igraf

...I don't have sticker shock at Seabourn. for what I have paid for those Neptunes for decades of HAL cruises, I can sail any cruise line I wish, thankfully, including Seabourn

I would love to see Neptune Suites add: unlimited internet, a beverage package (of some sort), one spa benefit, and a return to the NS cocktail gatherings (not just how they do it now on the first night - which frequently interferes with everyone's dining reservations).

1. A cabin steward who shows up and introduces himself before the 3rd day of the cruise. 2. A phone number to call housekeeping for simple needs. 3. Replacement of laundry bags and laundry order slips after one has used up the old ones. Replacement prior to twice asking for these from the concierge in the Neptune Lounge because there was no other way to ask for them. 4. Replacement of the in-suite espresso supplies when they have been exhausted. Replacement prior to twice asking for these from the concierge in the Neptune Lounge because there was no other way to ask for them. 5. Cabin stewards who do not appeal to you to avoid going to the Concierge in the Neptune Lounge because it makes them look bad.

We don't mind others getting real champagne or a free cocktail hour but that leaves us non-drinkers without additional perks.
Agreed. It is counterproductive imho to add benefits that passengers could voluntarily as themselves. Only a subset of passengers would end up with a net gain.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

1. A cabin steward who shows up and introduces himself before the 3rd day of the cruise. 2. A phone number to call housekeeping for simple needs. 3. Replacement of laundry bags and laundry order slips after one has used up the old ones. Replacement prior to twice asking for these from the concierge in the Neptune Lounge because there was no other way to ask for them. 4. Replacement of the in-suite espresso supplies when they have been exhausted. Replacement prior to twice asking for these from the concierge in the Neptune Lounge because there was no other way to ask for them. 5. Cabin stewards who do not appeal to you to avoid going to the Concierge in the Neptune Lounge because it makes them look bad.

You must have had the same stewards we had recently. Service was not what we usually get in a Neptune suite. One steward introduced himself on the first day when he brought in our suitcase. I wonder if he would have bothered if he hadn't had the luggage delivery. The other one never introduced himself. Never had that happen before.

I had to hike (we were in a corner aft) to the lounge to get more laundry lists because the first one wasn't replaced. I didn't think to call, I just walked. Concierge gave me several. And now that I think about it, they were the only ones I ever got. Stewards never replaced them. We used the coffee maker only once and it took until the second "visit" to get supplies replaced. We weren't bothered about it, but I did notice it.

Had to put out our own cushions, which is a nuisance because of the way they tether to the furniture. First time I've had to do this every day.

And my favorite. There's a little card that says something like "every inch of your cabin has been checked by your steward." I found it under the bed when I put my suitcase away. Seems an odd place to leave such a note...

People who are not fans of corner afts often comment that the stewards aren't as attentive because you're their only Neptune. I've never encountered this before. Maybe I was spoiled by the incredible service of our stewards on Amsterdam in September, where we were along the side, not at the back.

Some of us don't care a whit for liquor, liquor, qdded to a suit to make it more luxurious experience. It is a waste for me and not an added luxury.iF i want a drink, I'll buy one. r. I want better decorating and more comfortable furniture., better use of the square footage. It amazes how many posts here jjumped onto liquor in one fform or another as a way they want their suite experience imrpoved.

If one does not get satisfaction of their requests from combination of concierge and stewards..............

A NOTE to hedt housekeeper and hottrel director should get the desired result Get nottepaper in neptune Lounge, write your note, insesrt in envelope, put hotel Direcotr's name on envelope and do same for head Housekeeper. Give to concierge and aske for prompt delivery of the notes. As in 'now would be good'. Let them fret a BIT About what might be in that envelope. th ink yo will have to repeatedly request anything the reest of the cruise? I thhink the service might improve amazingly, and rapidly

Some of us don't care a whit for liquor, liquor, qdded to a suit to make it more luxurious experience. It is a waste for me and not an added luxury.iF i want a drink, I'll buy one. r. I want better decorating and more comfortable furniture., better use of the square footage. It amazes how many posts here jjumped onto liquor in one fform or another as a way they want their suite experience imrpoved.

Most other lines do have some sort of liquor perk for suites, so I think a lot of people have come to expect it. We aren't big drinkers, so a liquor perk wouldn't do much for us. But a better bottle of sailaway fizz would be nice. The problem with luxuries and perks is that we all have different wish lists, and no cruise line can supply everything to please everyone.

Most other lines do have some sort of liquor perk for suites, so I think a lot of people have come to expect it. We aren't big drinkers, so a liquor perk wouldn't do much for us. But a better bottle of sailaway fizz would be nice. The problem with luxuries and perks is that we all have different wish lists, and no cruise line can supply everything to please everyone.

When we had the big big suites on Princess ships , big deal, they gave a few mini bar set ups. DH probably had one or two drinks ( or three ::D ) but t I never touched any of it. I am mostly a wine drinker but 'like what I like' and don't like what I don' t like. Thus, I pick and buy my own

Edited by sail7seas

Absolutely true.....most familiar with Royal Caribbeans Suite lounge which has a nice little bar to have a drink or a glass of wine. Soft drinks are available too. It's fun to have a drink of choice, a few appetizers, and enjoy some conversation from fellow guests. I've always had a drink package TOO but it was still nice.

The problem with luxuries and perks is that we all have different wish lists, and no cruise line can supply everything to please everyone.

Absolutely. Maybe a selection of perks, you choose one at booking time. Champagne? Internet? Thermal suite day? Specialty coffee card? Larger floral bouquet? Doing ONE thing per suite is cheaper than doing a lot of things, some of which people have NO interest in.

Absolutely. Maybe a selection of perks, you choose one at booking time. Champagne? Internet? Thermal suite day? Specialty coffee card? Larger floral bouquet? Doing ONE thing per suite is cheaper than doing a lot of things, some of which people have NO interest in.

Good idea. :) Let suite gues ts chooe s whichamenities they would like.

Good idea. :) Let suite gues ts chooe s whichamenities they would like.
Which is pretty much how it works when you just charge extra for each special service that the passenger wants.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Which is pretty much how it works when you just charge extra for each special service that the passenger wants.

EXCEPT that is not offereed . Where do you see an option to have upgraded furniture qualitty/ decorating or better use of space?

For that mater,,,,,,, where is the offer fo r choice of no extra charge in ternet for Neptunes or ujp[graded soap, body lotion ?

It's too bad that we couldn't have a thread about what niceties could be added that all passengers could enjoy. Many of the comments on this thread are quite self-centered.

igraf

EXCEPT that is not offereed . Where do you see an option to have upgraded furniture qualitty/ decorating or better use of space?

For that mater,,,,,,, where is the offer fo r choice of no extra charge in ternet for Neptunes or ujp[graded soap, body lotion ?

It's too bad that we couldn't have a thread about what niceties could be added that all passengers could enjoy. Many of the comments on this thread are quite self-centered.

igraf

What niceties would all passengers enjoy? It would be great if you could provide some examples.

You must have had the same stewards we had recently. Service was not what we usually get in a Neptune suite. One steward introduced himself on the first day when he brought in our suitcase. I wonder if he would have bothered if he hadn't had the luggage delivery. The other one never introduced himself. Never had that happen before.

I had to hike (we were in a corner aft) to the lounge to get more laundry lists because the first one wasn't replaced. I didn't think to call, I just walked. Concierge gave me several. And now that I think about it, they were the only ones I ever got. Stewards never replaced them. We used the coffee maker only once and it took until the second "visit" to get supplies replaced. We weren't bothered about it, but I did notice it.

Had to put out our own cushions, which is a nuisance because of the way they tether to the furniture. First time I've had to do this every day.

And my favorite. There's a little card that says something like "every inch of your cabin has been checked by your steward." I found it under the bed when I put my suitcase away. Seems an odd place to leave such a note...

People who are not fans of corner afts often comment that the stewards aren't as attentive because you're their only Neptune. I've never encountered this before. Maybe I was spoiled by the incredible service of our stewards on Amsterdam in September, where we were along the side, not at the back.

I hope you filled out a comments card about the lack of service from your room stewards. I would have. If they get away with it with you, they will do it again for the next cruise.

We have always had wonderful room stewards and I always commend them on a comments card and in my survey but it works both ways IMHO.

What niceties would all passengers enjoy? It would be great if you could provide some examples.

Are you kidding? Everyone would enjoy the nicer furniture that some people have suggested here.

Surely you can see that all passengers would want and would benefit from nicer loungers around the pool area or promenade decks. Or a choice of soaps/shampoos in their cabins. Or even making sure that the laundry lists are replaced regularly (in my cabin down in steerage I have often had to chase down laundry forms -- it's not a suite-only issue). All passengers would benefit from "better" decor in all the cabins.

igraf

Or just for bragging rights. I get my Neptunes through upsells and am happy with that. But next cruise I am back to a verandah by choice. Happy with that too.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

Well, then , do what I did , sTart a thread and say so. :)

If you don't speak up, how does HAL know wha t you want? But don't shoot down the person who speaks up and says what they would lilke. Calling me self-centered is inappropriate and out of line. Maybe think bout it for a minute?

If no one comments the furniture and decoartin g in cabins needs up dating, HAL thinks we don't notice or care. . I can only speak up a bout the cabins I sttay in. I don't know about cabins I am not in. I know from ship to ship, the cabins I occupy. YOU kYou have to speak up for yOUrselfrather than calling me name.s..... Speak ab out the cabins YOU occupy. Speak up a bout them and don'g b lame me for nott doing so........ any more than you would be speaking ab out Neptunes you may or may not stay in.

Surly you aren't saying no one should make known what they would like? You are free to say what YOU don't likeor would like.... If you do not wish to fine, but that does not mean that no one should :rolleyes:

You need to speak for your self in such things as I also need to. How would I know what others want? if it is not expressed?

Edited by sail7seas

Or just for bragging rights. I get my Neptunes through upsells and am happy with that. But next cruise I am back to a verandah by choice. Happy with that too.

Ohh, I'm happy with my choice of ocean-view cabin. That does not mean that I would not like to have some "nicer" things offered to me & other passengers as well.

There is a sense of entitlement from some suite passengers (both on the board and on the ships) and rightly so for some things, but it can, and does, create a haves-versus-have-nots kind of tension.

bragging rights? Huh? Speaking of my dissatisfaction with the furniture, ar t and decorating in the Neptunes is bragging???

Edited by sail7seas