Addding Luxurfy to Neptune Suites.

sail7seas

I suspect that HAL's Neptune Suite offering does nothing to help them acquire new customers. From our perspective they are high on price, low on amenities, low on decor, and low on value when compared to the marketplace. I rather think that they are targeted at HAL loyalists vs the cruising population in general.

I can quite understand why these suites are offered frequently as upsells and why HAl is reducing the number of them.

No reason to keep on demeaning the product. I only do Neptune and I look for high quality experiences always when I travel. They fit that experience. Could it be better, yes. Are their better options. Well yes, but each experience is it's own. I am NOT a HAL loyalist.

The direct quote is, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." The problem with trying to use that quote in this case was that Eleanor Roosevelt was talking about how we FEEL about ourselves. She was not talking about how we might be TREATED. And treatment is what "have and have not" is about, not self-esteem.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Not knowing Eleanor Roosevelt or what she may have said.... I am pretty sure that no one in this thread is posting in that context.

It's too bad that we couldn't have a thread about what niceties could be added that all passengers could enjoy. Many of the comments on this thread are quite self-centered.

igraf

You can start a new thread. This one was about enhancing the Neptune suite experience.

I don’t see why this is self centered. Try the Celebrity board and see how many threads are about the suite experience and enhancements.

Then let me clarify the situation. This thread is about providing additional luxuries solely for the Neptune Suites, thus further promoting a social caste system aboard the ship.

Stateroom prices are largely based on size and location, and that should be enough. For someone to demand that they be showered with additional luxuries without any consideration for others is indeed self-centered.

It is interesting that HAL has reduced the number of Signature and Neptune Suites on the Koningsdam as compared to a Vista-class ship, which debunks the notion that the Neptune Suite passengers are subsidizing the other passengers.

igraf

I guess you have not been on Celebrity. The suites come with a butler, private lounge with unlimited drinks, priority boarding and tender, dedicated restaurant, reserved seats in the theater, private invitations to such events as a helipad sailaway and bridge or engine room tours, higher end toiletries, and more. Suite guests usually get to pick anywhere from 2-4 perks ( of course those are figured into the fare ). One option is unlimited internet and most have unlimited drinks.

I guess you have not been on Celebrity. The suites come with a butler, private lounge with unlimited drinks, priority boarding and tender, dedicated restaurant, reserved seats in the theater, private invitations to such events as a helipad sailaway and bridge or engine room tours, higher end toiletries, and more. Suite guests usually get to pick anywhere from 2-4 perks ( of course those are figured into the fare ). One option is unlimited internet and most have unlimited drinks.

Funny you say this. We just recently booked a suite on Celebrity to try it out as our TA suggested we would like it better than HAL. We are 4* on HAL so hesitated but she finally convinced us. It comes with the 4 perks and we are looking forward to comparing and seeing which we prefer. I can't imagine using the butler though but I suppose others do.

I am not sure what perks would woo us back to booking Neptune suites on HAL, time will tell.

Not knowing Eleanor Roosevelt or what she may have said.... I am pretty sure that no one in this thread is posting in that context.
Which is why quoting her made no sense. This thread is about how people are treated, not how they feel about themselves. While, as Roosevelt pointed out, we are each responsible for how we feel, others are responsible for how they treat us.

Which is why quoting her made no sense. This thread is about how people are treated, not how they feel about themselves. While, as Roosevelt pointed out, we are each responsible for how we feel, others are responsible for how they treat us.

OR, as Alice Roosevelt Longworth was fond of saying:

"If you can't say something good about someone, come sit right here by me!"

Try the Celebrity board and see how many threads are about the suite experience and enhancements.

Absolutely true.

The recent focus on Celebrity's part on suites and suite perks is one reason I'm not inclined to sail with them again, despite liking their overall product.

How about free soft drinks? I know some wouldn't care about having this as a perk, but many, like my wife and I would appreciate it.

LIke all choices, some will like it, some won't care. I don't have 2 cans of soda in a year. As Five star Mariner if I wanted a can of soda from mini bar, my discount would apply So many o f these this things are too easily duplicated.

LIke all choices, some will like it, some won't care. I don't have 2 cans of soda in a year. As Five star Mariner if I wanted a can of soda from mini bar, my discount would apply So many o f these this things are too easily duplicated.

That's true but you would still be paying half price. I think it is a nice suggestion because it would cost HAL practically nothing but still give a value to some passengers. Unlike furniture (which I still think is a good idea to have nice pieces on the veranda), the soda won't "wear out" and require replacing from time to time. It would cost them literally pennies per passenger to add this perk. Every little perk counts.

Also, if someone is getting free champagne (as suggested), as a non-drinker, I would appreciate free sodas!

That's true but you would still be paying half price. I think it is a nice suggestion because it would cost HAL practically nothing but still give a value to some passengers. Unlike furniture (which I still think is a good idea to have nice pieces on the veranda), the soda won't "wear out" and require replacing from time to time. It would cost them literally pennies per passenger to add this perk. Every little perk counts.

Also, if someone is getting free champagne (as suggested), as a non-drinker, I would appreciate free sodas!

Like you, I don't care about free champgne and their chocolate strawberries have beome a major bore, IMO>

You can start a new thread. This one was about enhancing the Neptune suite experience.

I don’t see why this is self centered. Try the Celebrity board and see how many threads are about the suite experience and enhancements.

Spot on, Jade13! (y)(y)(y)

Overall....I was satisfied with the quality of the NS product. It's even going to be a LITTLE improved with the mimosas and the Bose sound in the cabin! Even though it would be nice to get a complimentary cocktail in the Neptune Lounge I'm perfectly happy with the price/features now included. Awesome balcony, Neptune Lounge, breakfast venue, huge veranda with loungers, concierge service, and included laundry service pretty much has most of my boxes checked.

I suppose if I wanted REAL luxury there are plenty of cruse lines offering just that.

Overall....I was satisfied with the quality of the NS product. It's even going to be a LITTLE improved with the mimosas and the Bose sound in the cabin! Even though it would be nice to get a complimentary cocktail in the Neptune Lounge I'm perfectly happy with the price/features now included. Awesome balcony, Neptune Lounge, breakfast venue, huge veranda with loungers, concierge service, and included laundry service pretty much has most of my boxes checked.

I suppose if I wanted REAL luxury there are plenty of cruse lines offering just that.

Sorry, a little off topic...but regarding the mimosas:

I don’t understand why they will bring them for no charge to your stateroom for in-suite breakfast, but you have to pay if you want one at the suite-only breakfast offered in the Pinnacle Grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, a little off topic...but regarding the mimosas:

I don’t understand why they will bring them for no charge to your stateroom for in-suite breakfast, but you have to pay if you want one at the suite-only breakfast offered in the Pinnacle Grill.

I totally agree. The only time we order room service breakfast is when we have an early morning excursions - so no mimosas for us.

Now, on a sea day, when we go to the PG that would be potentially nice.

It would also be nice if 4 or 5* mariners would be offered something else since we get many of the benefits automatically ;)

I totally agree. The only time we order room service breakfast is when we have an early morning excursions - so no mimosas for us.

Now, on a sea day, when we go to the PG that would be potentially nice.

It would also be nice if 4 or 5* mariners would be offered something else since we get many of the benefits automatically ;)

We aren't driving on our excursions, so if we do an early room service breakfast, we order the mimosas. :evilsmile:

We aren't driving on our excursions, so if we do an early room service breakfast, we order the mimosas. :evilsmile:

LOL I worry about bathroom availability ;) :halo:

I even cut back on coffee :eek: on early long tours.

And I love my morning coffees;p

... regarding the mimosas:

Because it is their ship and they can do as they want with respect to such as mimosas. :)

I suspect the pondering has more to do with HAL's rationale, and less to do with HAL's authority.

It is an interesting question.

I suspect the pondering has more to do with HAL's rationale, and less to do with HAL's authority.

It is an interesting question.

Just seems like it would be much easier to serve them in a venue rather than carrying them down the halls to suites.

I know we like to have our breakfast in the PG, but I wonder if anyone has breakfast in their suite specifically because of the mimosas.

Just seems like it would be much easier to serve them in a venue rather than carrying them down the halls to suites.

Maybe it was seen as an incentive to keep people from going to the Pinnacle Grille for breakfast, and have it in their cabin instead. ;)