Celebrity reflection 01/19/20018

magyarman

i have cruised over a dozen times on celebrity especially because of the outstanding menu choices and the quality of the food. This cruise was by far the worst. The menu choices ( banana stuffed chicken) were horrible and the taste was terrible. Worst food I have ever had on a cruise.

i have cruised over a dozen times on celebrity especially because of the outstanding menu choices and the quality of the food. This cruise was by far the worst. The menu choices ( banana stuffed chicken) were horrible and the taste was terrible. Worst food I have ever had on a cruise.

Second post... Welcome to cruise critic.....

Can you be more specific? Banana stuffed chicken sounds very unappetizing, but what else was there on the menu? Did you try different venues? Q-Sine, Murano, Oceanview?

Anything good, yeah right.

I’ve had that “banana stuffed chicken”. It was served in the MDR on one of the last nights of a 14 day cruise. It’s called Chiquita chicken breast or something like that.

I have to agree with the poster that it was horrible.

As you can see from my signature, I’ve eaten many delicious meals on Celebrity. Only twice did we send something back, beef that was 50% fat and 50% gristle, and in Luminea, the bacon wrapped trout was raw and greasy. The staff was happy to quickly change out the offending dish for anything we’d like.

I did not try the specialty restaurants as I have always enjoyed the menu selections and the quality of the food in the main dining room. The lunch in the main dining room was very good. in fact, much better than dinner. I have never been disappointed in a dinner on celebrity until this cruise. Most of the time we ordered 2 appetizers as the menu choices were just terrible. Very dissappointed. I should also add the everyone was complaining about the dinner choices and the quility of the food.

I did not try the specialty restaurants as I have always enjoyed the menu selections and the quality of the food in the main dining room. The lunch in the main dining room was very good. in fact, much better than dinner. I have never been disappointed in a dinner on celebrity until this cruise. Most of the time we ordered 2 appetizers as the menu choices were just terrible. Very dissappointed. I should also add the everyone was complaining about the dinner choices and the quility of the food.

Have seen several threads on people who were on the same cruise and they talked about how good the food was. Oh well...different strokes.

• 4 weeks later...

Poor Guy over ate, One bad dish out of the 70 plus times he was in front of food . My wife and myself where on the same cruise and had no issues with the overall quailty of food. When there is so much and you find your self eating to just eat because you think you paid for it (Yes you have ) It is sad to watch how much food goes to waste . We ate Aqua Blu 5 nights , Lawn Club , Murano, and Qsine on the last Night always , We find it to be lots of the food that we enjoy . One night we where tired of all the sit down dinners and we just went in to the Ocean Cafe and found a mix of stuff around 8:30 (and we enjoyed that as well) The Master Grill during the Day serves a real Grilled Burger and Fries and they do it by the Hundreds, all afternoon the comfort go to Burger and Hot dogs have a non stop line for a reason. Celebrity does a Nice job feeding over 5,000 people every day.

Poor Guy over ate, One bad dish out of the 70 plus times he was in front of food . My wife and myself where on the same cruise and had no issues with the overall quailty of food. When there is so much and you find your self eating to just eat because you think you paid for it (Yes you have ) It is sad to watch how much food goes to waste . We ate Aqua Blu 5 nights , Lawn Club , Murano, and Qsine on the last Night always , We find it to be lots of the food that we enjoy . One night we where tired of all the sit down dinners and we just went in to the Ocean Cafe and found a mix of stuff around 8:30 (and we enjoyed that as well) The Master Grill during the Day serves a real Grilled Burger and Fries and they do it by the Hundreds, all afternoon the comfort go to Burger and Hot dogs have a non stop line for a reason. Celebrity does a Nice job feeding over 5,000 people every day.

I gained 6 lbs on that cruise...it has been really tough to get it off...

You never ate in the MAIN dining room. My post referred to the main dining room ONLY. You ate in BLU 5 nights and the specialty restaurants. BLU and the specialty restaurants all have different menus than the main dining room. My post referred to the menu selections in the main dining room only.

I was on the Reflection mid November, didn't see banana stuffed chicken on the menu...I wonder if they changed menus or chefs during the intervening 2 months? On again next week so will look for the offending critter...maybe there were so many clucks about it, they have changed up the henhouse...LOL.

We sailed on the Feb 9th cruise and ate in the main dining room all but 1 of our 10 nights. I do not remember seeing the banana stuffed chicken but maybe that was the night we missed? Our only complaint was the prime rib DH got on the 1st night, while it tasted very good it was only maybe half and inch thick. Commented to the wait staff on the disappointment at the end of the dinner and any steaks he git the rest of the cruise were very nice. Was it 4 star experience no but always found something on the menu that was good and satisfying.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

We were on Reflection for 11 nights Jan 29th, ate in MDR every night except for once in buffet. Meals were good but not as great as I expected (only our 2nd cruise and 1st on Celebrity). DH had french onion soup and caesar salad most nights, I tried quite a few appetizers but often went with escargot and caesar salad. Had beef almost every night and the accompanying vegetables started as mixed zuchinni, carrots and green beans but soon became just green beans, not my favourite. Prime rib and lobster were good. Desserts were hit and miss, some excellent and some yuck. One night I got shrimp cocktail and it was 3 very small shrimp, never ordered again. Guess this is the new level of cruise dining.

If you look for CHICKEN CHIQUITA through the menu rotations, which many people generously post on cruise critic, it's on the 12th or 13th night of your cruise. thus the shorter cruises won't see it offered.

If you look for CHICKEN CHIQUITA through the menu rotations, which many people generously post on cruise critic, it's on the 12th or 13th night of your cruise. thus the shorter cruises won't see it offered.

We were on a 10 day cruise on the Reflection two weeks ago (disembarked on the 19th), and the chicken chiquita was on the MDR menu one evening -- in fact I ordered it . I'm not sure why now, other than because it was the most appealing of all the offerings on that particular day. I managed to choke it down, but would not recommend it, unless one happens to really like the taste of bananas.

Thanks for the feedback.

We were on a 10 day cruise on the Reflection two weeks ago (disembarked on the 19th), and the chicken chiquita was on the MDR menu one evening -- in fact I ordered it . I'm not sure why now, other than because it was the most appealing of all the offerings on that particular day. I managed to choke it down, but would not recommend it, unless one happens to really like the taste of bananas.

I sure wouldn’t recommend it either. There are many other tasty choices. It seems like some of the posters on this thread didn’t believe the OP when he/she stated that this dish was offered.

I was on the Reflection mid November, didn't see banana stuffed chicken on the menu...I wonder if they changed menus or chefs during the intervening 2 months? On again next week so will look for the offending critter...maybe there were so many clucks about it, they have changed up the henhouse...LOL.

We were on the Reflection over Thanksgiving week. The Chiquita (banana stuffed) Chicken was definitely on the menu. It didn't appeal to me, so I ordered something else. I thought the food on that cruise was pretty good. There was one night when we checked out the menu before hand and opted to eat in the Oceanview Cafe.