Staterooms

Crazy4Camping

Going on our first cruise and I have so many questions! Right now I want to know what is in the stateroom. I've stayed in hotels where there is a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, safe, iron/board, etc. Will all of these things be in our stateroom? Is ice readily available? And if there is a refrigerator, are we allowed to bring food back to our room? Thanks for any info you can offer! If I need to be more specific, we will be on the Empress deck on Fascination.

no coffee marker

yes there is a refrigerator, it is more like a mini fridge that keeps thing cool, not cold

no microwave

yes, a safe is in the closet

no iron and no iron board in the room. it is at the ship laundry room

your room steward can get you ice

As an FYI: the mini fridge will keep things cold if you keep the cabinet door open. Otherwise, if you keep the door shut the fridge cannot breathe and does not work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is my exact response. If people keep the cabinet door closed then the fridge stays cool. If you open the cabinet and let air circulate then the fridge stays plenty cold. Also depending on the ship, the safe will be either in the closet or in its own cabinet.

Going on our first cruise and I have so many questions! Right now I want to know what is in the stateroom. I've stayed in hotels where there is a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, safe, iron/board, etc. Will all of these things be in our stateroom? Is ice readily available? And if there is a refrigerator, are we allowed to bring food back to our room? Thanks for any info you can offer! If I need to be more specific, we will be on the Empress deck on Fascination.

There are no coffee makers in the cabins, but coffee is available 24 hours a day on Lido.

There are refrigerators only in some cabins, depending upon the ship.

No microwave.

There is a safe in every cabin. Some use a four-digit code while others need a card with a mag strip. DO NOT use Sail and Sign card. We use an old AAA card.

No irons in cabins, but there is a launderette room for passenger use across from Cabin E2. There is an iron and ironing board in the launderette.

Ice is available 24 hours on Lido.

You can take food anywhere on the ship.

A cabin is NOT like a hotel room! Much smaller, with fewer "things". NO ship's cabin, not even suites, have microwaves. Most have fridges, but they are dorm-cube sized...not very big. Of course, there's so much food everywhere, you hardly need a "stash" of food!

We always bring our own cooler and rarely use the refrigerator. We tip as soon as we meet our room steward to ensure he keeps the cooler iced. We buy bottled water and bring our own wine and soda and energy drinks. If you must use the iron, there are laundry facilities on each floor. Best to iron during the day when everyone is out and about, maybe first thing in the morning or even on a port day. Cabins are small and space limited but there is ample space for what you need for a cruise. I second the comment about extra power strip, even an old school extension cord works. If sailing a new ship, they have started to add usb chargers to the room that helps. Read tons of reviews on cruise critic and also you tube is great for looking at different cabin layouts and amenities. Cruise ship is a floating city and you can get most of what you need as far as food and drinks for no extra charge ( non alcoholic) .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is not a refrigerator unless they add them in drydock, where she is now. But it is a short drydock, so I doubt they will be added. I'm hoping they change out the lamps and instal the ones they put in Elation, with usb ports. EM