What one item do you always bring?

Dreams42Day

Where can I find beach towel chair clips in Miami? I live in a cold climate so hard to find at home. I can also use these on balcony to dry swimwear.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Search on amazon for Beach chair towel clips. We have 2 each of the BOCA flamingo and colorful fish clips. Perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No matter where we’re sailing, when we cruise with HAL we bring an adapter for the European electrical plugs, so we have more outlets to use!

Likewise, and the adapters I have have a secondary outlet for an American style plug (though you have to be aware of only plugging dual voltage devices into it when using a 240v source):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008JCVF0U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On our Norwegian Star cruise a few years ago we discovered that the (easily accessible) outlet for the TV was also Euro 240v, which gave us two of that type in the cabin, along with the one or two accessible 120v US outlets.

Recently though I've added a 3 outlet 120v tap to my repertoire, so it may not be so necessary in the future. However, being a creature of habit, I'll probably still take at least one Euro adapter, even on our cruise from Japan where it's not going to be necessary at all:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EU4HBO/ref=asc_df_B000EU4HBO5378842/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B000EU4HBO&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167139094796&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17803619916112782362&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031590&hvtargid=pla-307452897598

3 or 4 lightweight hangers with clips (something like these: https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/hanger-clips ). Sometimes there aren’t enough of these type of hangers in the closet for hanging pants or skirts. Also, because hangers are usually fixed to the rod in the closet and typically can’t be removed, I can use my own hangers to hang wet clothing, like rinsed-out socks or underwear, or bathing suits —usually in the bathroom on the clothesline provided. I also bring a small clothesline like this to hang strategically when needed somewhere in the bathroom or cabin. https://www.shopbentley.com/en/travelon-travel-clothes-line-1011862.html

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We take several hook magnets. Great for hats,belts, and other small items. You can arrange them however works best for any type of stateroom.

I have tried magnets on HAL cabin walls and they have never held.

Edited by sail7seas

After my pop-up hamper, I just remembered another that I never cruise without. It’s my 6” x4” aluminum clothes line that has 10 mini clothes pins attached around the perimeter with fishing wire with a large hook for hanging in the middle. It lays completely flat in the suitcase and weighs 4 ounces. I bought it 4 years ago from a Japanese store, Muji, in the Jet Blue Terminal at JFK. It has been a lifesaver for wet bathing suits, hand washables, etc., esp when there is no clothes line in the shower. Never cruise without it.

Haven’t done it yet, but from now on I’m taking a calendar - we usually take long cruises now and on our last one someone carried a calendar with the ports and excursions written on the appropriate days. Much easier to keep track of things - especially when there are several consecutive sea days or port days.

3 or 4 lightweight hangers with clips (something like these: https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/hanger-clips ). Sometimes there aren’t enough of these type of hangers in the closet for hanging pants or skirts. Also, because hangers are usually fixed to the rod in the closet and typically can’t be removed, I can use my own hangers to hang wet clothing, like rinsed-out socks or underwear, or bathing suits —usually in the bathroom on the clothesline provided. I also bring a small clothesline like this to hang strategically when needed somewhere in the bathroom or cabin. https://www.shopbentley.com/en/travelon-travel-clothes-line-1011862.html

Colour me confused :confused:. I have never been on any HAL ship where you can't remove the hangers nor where there isn't a clothesline in the shower/bathtub area.

Those are 2 things I never pack and don't anticipate to need to if I am sailing HAL ;)

A zippered neoprene bottle coolie/koozie. It completely zips over top of a mini bottle of water and keeps it cold. When I'm in port it is not too heavy or cumbersome to carry around. If it doesn't come with a round carrying ring you can easily thread one through the zipper. I always look for unique ones when I am in port because I invariably leave them on the HOHO bus. You can never have too many!

“Wine Skins”. I safely pack the wine I bring on board, and then can use them on the way home if I find some great wines in port.

Can you help me out by telling me more about 'wine skins'. Never heard of them, but being the wine lover that I am, I'm intrigued..

Can you help me out by telling me more about 'wine skins'. Never heard of them, but being the wine lover that I am, I'm intrigued..

They go over the bottle to protect them when traveling. Is this what you're asking? I always travel with them too.

COLOR copies of your passport and drivers license! Carry them with you when you depart the ship and keep a spare set in your on-board travel bags. They can be life savers and don't take up any room!

We even go a couple of steps further. I put them back to back and laminate them. Also have a reduced cop(ies) of our Passport pages down to a CC Size (laminated again) to carry in both our wallets.