Coffee Care Expiration Date

floridalover5623

We are sailing in two weeks, have a suite. Was going to switch out the mini bar for two cc, but not now. We don't cruise multiple times a year, or even every year, so in my way of thinking, this policy only benefits those that cruise a lot, and lives close to ports. I understand not allowing the unlimited coffee, but they should honour the punches. Or as other have said, maybe I will get the cards and give one away.

If Princessis still handing out cards with an expiration date of Dec 31, that will impact me. I am going on a cruise in three weeks and another just before Christmas. I was planning on exchanging my minibar for two coffee cards. We won’t finish the cards punches on the first cruise and were planning on using them on the second cruise. The second cruise ends on January 5th of the following year.This negates the last four full days of the second cruise. Is Princess so lazy that they can’t mark the cards for a full year from the purchase date? Have they pre-marked a whole batch of cards to hand out over several months? I hope a Princess Representative is reading these boards. My message to Princess is that I am not pleased with their changing rules.

A good thing everyone could do especially if you have no inclination to buy a coffee card is to appraoach the crew selling the card and enquiry about it. Once you find it has a expiration date you change your mind and don’t buy it. This may get back to management and effect there new policy

Interesting, we are going on a 14 day cruise (not back to back) from 12/19 to 1/4 so if the coffee cards purchased have an expiration date of 12/31 wondering how that will work.....can only use the card until 12/31 and pay for days 1/1 to 1/4:confused:.

IMHO, the expiration date should be one year from month of purchase....ex purchased 3/2018, expires 3/2019(y)

Unfortunately' date=' that's not how they are doing it. Cards currently being handed out on ships have a 12/31/18 expiration date.[/quote']

I do understand what you are saying that cards are being marked with 12/31/2018. My question is how will Princess justify the situation I posted.

We are sailing in two weeks, have a suite. Was going to switch out the mini bar for two cc, but not now. We don't cruise multiple times a year, or even every year, so in my way of thinking, this policy only benefits those that cruise a lot, and lives close to ports. I understand not allowing the unlimited coffee, but they should honour the punches. Or as other have said, maybe I will get the cards and give one away.

Or do what others seem to be doing, sell them on ebay.

Oh, here's another great cutback since we last cruised in Dec.

Last night at the Captains repeater party there is no more ordering of any drinks other than what is offered. (with the exception of a glass of beer. Even the wine that they brought on the trays was limited to only that type- no substitutions. :(

No snacks either, as if that was a big loss.

We're sailing on the Regal now. At our Captain's Circle party, it was possible to order special drinks. One of our tablemates ordered a double vodka on the rocks and got it. Another man on our row, ordered several of some drink served in a highball glass. We got to pass them down to him. I had several glasses of wine--both the red and the white they were serving. We had the bar snacks in little carafes on our tables.

I'm glad the coffee cards we received for a minibar setup in December on the Royal don't have an expiration date. I think we have one punch on one of them and none on the other. DH is still using up his card from our cruise last summer on the Caribbean Princess on this cruise. He'll end up with a few punches left on it at the end of this cruise.

I got off the Caribbean Princess last Saturday and got 4 coffee cards, 2 for elite 2 for full suite. They were not signed with a ship nor did they have an exp date. I only needed one and usually sell my extra on Ebay. Most people don't sail several times a year so having any exp date, even one for Dec 2018 is useless. I just don't get why any business would want to short change their customers with this new coffee card policy.

My double Drambuies aren’t .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you know that the Drambuie :whiskey-glass: Princess is giving you is made by the guys in the boiler room.

On Tuesday’s they make that Great Champagne 🍾 you get when you win one of the trivia games.

Good stuff. :)

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

I do understand what you are saying that cards are being marked with 12/31/2018. My question is how will Princess justify the situation I posted.

My guess: Probably starting July 1,2018 the expiration dates on cards after that will be 6/30/2019.

I'm still not clear...do the new card completely become useless on the "expiration date"? If so, as stated above, that's a rip-off for those who don't use the card a lot or don't cruise frequently.

That is quite correct. It appears to be a hugh savings to Princess.

Before getting too POft is this another case where "one" Princess ship officer has decided on a policy that isn't a fleet wide policy? The number of times where a ship's officer has been totally off base about corporate policy requires your fingers and toes to keep track. Not saying it isn't true and of course FLlover heard it from the FB director so he/she is reporting what was told. However as others have said, it seems strange to sell tickets that you then invalidate. Understand the "brewed coffee" thing per voyage. Will be interesting to see how this plays out over time,

All I can say is that I detailed my disatisfaction in great detail in the letter I sent & her telephone call was expilicit that the cards do become void after the expiration date for any coffee- brewed or speciliaty. :mad:

As I view it, it's just another dilution of the Elite benefits but the people who actually pay for the cards will be even more upset when the day arrives that the cards are void, :eek: espically when they're not told that the do expire in the future.

The F&B director had no comment- only dead silence and she then went on to tell me other ways to utilize my Elite setup.

I got off the Caribbean Princess last Saturday and got 4 coffee cards, 2 for elite 2 for full suite. They were not signed with a ship nor did they have an exp date. I only needed one and usually sell my extra on Ebay. Most people don't sail several times a year so having any exp date, even one for Dec 2018 is useless. I just don't get why any business would want to short change their customers with this new coffee card policy.

The answer is contained right in your own post.

That is what I was thinking.......1 year from month of purchase.....makes sense and is fair:)

Explain how thats fair to confiscate someone's unused purchase just because they didn't use it in a specified period of time especially when they didn't happen to mention it when selling it?

My guess is that Princess is completely phasing out the entire coffee 'card' program as it is now known...

I can see it being revamped as something like the PBP and integrated into your cruise card valid for that cruise only for unlimited brewed, but limited to a specific number of specialty coffees per day - just like the PBP - there will be no separate card and punches...

AND NO SHARING !!!

now what they choose to do with unused punches at that time, well...buyer beware:cool:

Edited by voljeep

Explain how thats fair to confiscate someone's unused purchase just because they didn't use it in a specified period of time especially when they didn't happen to mention it when selling it?

Didn't know Princess confiscated the unused cards I just thought they wouldn't be honored....thanks for the info.