Port of Tampa terminal 3 and 6

Kugel

You know that both terminals are next to each other and walking from one to the other takes 5 min, right?
I do know that and I realize that there's a shuttle but we paid to have our car brought to us and not have to drag our luggage to the other terminal. If we had known that we'd be hiking it from one terminal to the next, we wouldn't have bothered with paying for valet service.

Does anyone know if there is shuttle service to the port from any of the Rental Car Companies at the Airport?

You and Uber/Lyft for about $20

I know terminals 2 and 3 are very close, but I thought terminal 6 was a bit of a walk from 3.

13 minute walk, .7 of a mile according to Google maps.

It is an easy walk

Has anyone used uber or lyft from Tampa cruise port? Deciding whether to drive or uber but i hate the chaos of finding my uber when there are tons of people (like a concert or stadium). Wondering how difficult it is there since I’ve never sailed from Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're on Brilliance right now and found out that we will be disembarking at Terminal 6. We departed from Terminal 3 and did valet parking. Can anyone confirm that the valet service will bring our car to Terminal 6? Guest Relations says "no", we have to walk or take a shuttle back to Terminal 3 but that kind of defeats the purpose of paying for valet parking! Thanks.

In March we departed out of 6 and returned to 3...or departed out of 3 and returned to 6...can't remember which came first. That said, valet brought our car to the arrival terminal. Worth every penny of the $20 upcharge.

Has anyone used uber or lyft from Tampa cruise port? Deciding whether to drive or uber but i hate the chaos of finding my uber when there are tons of people (like a concert or stadium). Wondering how difficult it is there since I’ve never sailed from Tampa.

We used Lyft in July. Coming from Carrollwood, it was a quick easy ride down. We'll never drive to he port again. Extremely convenient, and cheaper for both ways than parking would be. Had no issues finding our driver when we got off.

We used Lyft this past Monday. Very easy. The app shows the pick up point, which is along the sidewalk right outside the terminal, near pole #10.

mac_tlc

I just did this last week off the Majesty. Pay the Valet fee. When you get off the ship, there is a desk right outside the luggage area. Give the nice lady your receipt and ticket. I prepaid online and had the printout and the green receipt. In 5 minutes a nice young man brought the car right to where I was standing. He put the luggage for all four people plus one walker into the SUV. I tipped him generously -- they work for tips. And were were on our way. Well worth the $20 fee.

We called Uber a few months ago when we learned the hotel return shuttle didn’t start until 30 minutes after we got off the ship. We didn’t want to wait as we had a long drive (8 hours) home.

Pretty easy and there didn’t seem to be many Uber users

M

Thanks. Just what I was hoping to hear.

Also just off Majesty. Departed 3 and returned 6, where you pick up luggage. It is a .5 mile walk but shuttles are provided for free. We had valet service and they brought car to us at 6 within 5 minutes. Second time using the service. Well worth it. I dont think other FL ports offer valet parking, I wish they did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also just off Majesty. Departed 3 and returned 6, where you pick up luggage. It is a .5 mile walk but shuttles are provided for free. We had valet service and they brought car to us at 6 within 5 minutes. Second time using the service. Well worth it. I dont think other FL ports offer valet parking, I wish they did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Garmy44. We're sailing on Majesty next month so we'll be prepared for the change in terminals. Bet it happens again!

Just returned from Brilliance. Departed from Terminal 3; returned to Terminal 6. The valet did pick up at Terminal 6 but it took about 20 minutes to get our car. The walk between terminals doesn't appear to be too long but I didn't see anyone walking. I'm thinking that it would take more than 5 minutes especially if you are pulling your luggage. The shuttles to the parking garage at Terminal 6 were not marked and it appeared that passengers had to wait quite a while for them. They are vans, not buses. Where to pick up shuttles was not marked.

Just returned from Brilliance. Departed from Terminal 3; returned to Terminal 6. The valet did pick up at Terminal 6 but it took about 20 minutes to get our car. The walk between terminals doesn't appear to be too long but I didn't see anyone walking. I'm thinking that it would take more than 5 minutes especially if you are pulling your luggage. The shuttles to the parking garage at Terminal 6 were not marked and it appeared that passengers had to wait quite a while for them. They are vans, not buses. Where to pick up shuttles was not marked.
Got off Majesty this morning and did the same drill in reverse. Departed from Terminal 6 on 9/17 and returned to Terminal 3 on 9/22. (Given that Brilliance was in 3 on 9/17 and returned to 6 on 9/22, I have no idea why the ships flip-flopped terminals with each other when both departed and returned on the same dates).

The letter we received in our stateroom regarding the terminal swap mentioned a shuttle would be available to take us from Terminal 3 back to Terminal 6 where our car was parked. None of the Port Tampa Bay staff we encountered were able to direct us to this shuttle. We were simply told to walk. If the shuttle was there, it was not marked (as you mentioned).

The walk took just under ten minutes. (We ended up cutting through some areas that may not have been part of the official walking route).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I noticed when I looked at Terminal 3 from our balcony that the walk down the pier looked really short however, passengers would not be able to walk that way. Passengers would have to go out the front of the terminal and the walk is a lot further than Royal says. I doubt seriously that any Royal employee has ever walked from one terminal to the other. I would take the shuttle if you can find it!

If you’re changing terminals I will either Park off site or use valet. Kicking myself this am for not using valet. It was a MESS this am and the shuttle process was awful. We had to fight people out of the way for a shuttle we had been waiting on awhile that they had just walked up to.

As I am doing B2B that is two $20 changes on top of parking for 9 days. I was told to drop off my passengers and baggage at 6. Park in garage at 3 and I can walk from one terminal to the next against the building and not Channelside drive. Very short walk . Anyone ever do that walk inside port area?

Yes, we did, last March. From 3 you walk against the building for a while, but then go through the parking area out to the left on York St. On York St. there is an opening for entry in/out of Terminal 6's parking lot. Walk through there and then to the terminal building.

We actually met passengers coming from 6 on our way over, and we exchanged tips on our ships we were headed from/to.

It's about a 10 minute walk.

Thanks good to know that the valet will bring your car. We love their valet parking worth the extra $$

We also had to go from Terminal 6 when we got off the Majesty to Terminal 3 where we boarded the Brilliance - in theory it is walkable if you don't have too much luggage however the heat was way to hot for us to attempt this. We got an uber for $7.30. On the ship they said there would be a shuttle, perhaps they meant to the parking lot but when we asked we were advised that unless you parked your car at the other terminal you couldn't use the shuttle - luckily uber solved the problem. The traffic was quite heavy as I don't think most people were aware of the last minute change to the terminal and went to the wrong one then had to go out again to the correct terminal.

I did extensive research regarding this, and found there is NO shuttle between terminals. Even the paid shuttles were going to charge $65! It's good to hear Uber drivers will do this. We opted not to take our chances in a car, since the traffic is pretty crazy. We did have 1 large and 1 carry-on rolling suitcases each.

It was very warm, but doable. We were off the ship around 9:30am. See my post above (if you haven't already).

We saw the shuttle that took the passengers from Terminal 6 to Terminal 3. We saw people boarding the van after the van driver came over to the group of about 15 and told them that he was a shuttle driver. He did not ask anyone if they had parked their car in the parking garage. The van only held 7 passengers. A little while later, another shuttle showed up and took the rest of the passengers. Again, the driver did not ask the passengers if they had parked in the garage.