Dirty tables at Windjammer on Oasis

Coloboque

Today was our last day on Oasis, thanks heaven! The ship is overcrowded. The food was mediocre and repetitive. Meh, meh, meh! Nothing to write home about.

The Windjammer tables were gross. We even took a video of one:

Most tables were sticky or covered with this nasty layer of grime. It looks like the workers just sweep the tables but never really clean them. Any restaurant on land would immediately have a health code violation!

Thank you for the laugh. Nothing better to do than video a table at a buffet :) And post it on the internet. Made it even more funny to describe it as "shocking and bizarre".

Travel elsewhere I guess.

Edited by bouhunter

The tables feel sticky from the cleaner that they use. When they wash the tables, you will notice they leave them very wet, that is because the sanitizer they use needs to sit on the surface of the tables for a period of time to adequately do its job. When it dries, it leaves a sticky feeling. We were on a ship during a norovirus outbreak and all surfaces, including our stateroom walls, were washed with this sanitizer. You could feel a residue when it dried, especially on tables.

I love it when they wipe off the seats and then wipe the table with the same cloth.

And when the food handlers wear one set of protective gloves for hours while they touch food, scratch their nose, check their cellphone, scratch their @ss, touch some more food, clean off a table, etc etc etc.

Today was our last day on Oasis, thanks heaven! The ship is overcrowded. The food was mediocre and repetitive. Meh, meh, meh! Nothing to write home about.

The Windjammer tables were gross. We even took a video of one:

Most tables were sticky or covered with this nasty layer of grime. It looks like the workers just sweep the tables but never really clean them. Any restaurant on land would immediately have a health code violation!

OMG, that´s hilarious:'):'):'):')

I guess it´s more room for the rest of us in the WJ from now on.:D

As a society, we really need to get over our germaphobia. It's causing health problems and spurring on the evolution of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

I've never been on a cruise where I didn't see the tables get constantly wiped down with sanitizer. As someone pointed out above, that will leave a tacky-feeling residue. Older varnish will also feel tacky to the touch. Just because something doesn't feel completely smooth doesn't mean it isn't clean.

I'll also point out that, generally, in order to be credible, evidence of dirty tables needs to be recorded before you sit at the table and make it dirty yourself, not after.

Typical with any mainstream mass eatery.. As long as the tables are cleared and "wiped down" I'm fine with them. I use a plate for that reason. My food does not touch the table. I could sit and scrub on pretty much any table and come away with some grime like I saw in the video. That's some real elbow grease action there.

I don't know what's worse: that someone recorded themselves wiping off a table, or that I spent 1:13 of my life watching it.

Agreed. And I love the title..."SHOCKING!" Very dramatic. Quite the aspiring filmmaker.

There's another active thread that has several people complaining about Oasis. One poster even went so far as to say he/she was going to cancel their cruise because of what he/she read in the thread. I should reference that poster to this thread and use it as an example of why you should take things that you read here with a grain of salt. One person's "nightmare" cruise could be 99 other peoples "dream cruise."

Now I'm actually listening to it with audio. "The buildup was probably from months, maybe even years." I cannot stop laughing. Can you imagine if you were at a table next to someone and you saw them video taping the condition of their table, along with narration?

If I were a betting person, I'd bet the main purpose for that person to upload that video was to try to send the link to Royal and try to get something for free.