Concierge "perks" Missing in Action

Fogfog

We have booked 1A on S class ships but booked Concierge Class in an aft facing cabin on an M class ship after reading these boards. So worth it for the extra space these cabins have on M class ships. The steward told us to ask when we wanted the sparking wine, we did and it was delivered promptly. We enjoyed the priority boarding and would have gone to lunch but we had people with us in an inside cabin so ate in the buffet. The canapes were fine, they were delivered even if we were out and we generally found one or two we liked. All the tastier for not having to go get them! We got the bag and the card case. Didn't want or ask for the robes.

It's odd that the robes weren't there. We've found them in the closet on every cruise as soon as we arrive in the cabin.

I have been following for awhile - debating on changing to Concierge on an upcoming cruise (simply for a highter deck).

Frankly, I'm not seeing anything at all that would justify the price difference; foot stools, embarkation lunch.

And if you're lucky - pillow menu, sparkling wine and a cheesy tote (already tosseed a few).

IMHO - think we'll consider Aqua, many more perks that we'd actually use.

Embarkation lunch in mdr is the biggest plus. Footstools on balcony also nice to have. After check-in if you arrive early they put you in a separate waiting area which I believe boards ahead of Elite. Canapes have improved quite a bit in the last year.

Well Baron, we didn't get footstools in our C1 just this past month on Infinity. Complained and was told the ship had no extra to give me. Complained again and they gave us the stools used for the disabled to bathe in the shower. I kid you not!

Well Baron, we didn't get footstools in our C1 just this past month on Infinity. Complained and was told the ship had no extra to give me. Complained again and they gave us the stools used for the disabled to bathe in the shower. I kid you not!

WOW! Did you ask them if this was "Modern Luxury".....

Wow, you must have been reading my mind! Just this morning I was thinking of upgrading from Sunset Veranda to CC on an upcoming cruise. I read through the perks and was thinking that there was really nothing at all worth the additional $500. As far as location - we would have only moved up one deck, in an aft cabin directly above the one we already booked. Good to know I didn't miss something. So what IS all the concierge hype about?

I would never pay more than a standard balcony for CC. The only real benefit is the extra Captain's Club points for CC. The pillow menu is a joke. I've never had a cabin steward even claim to know what it was in a CC, AC, or Sky Suite.

WOW! Did you ask them if this was "Modern Luxury".....

Isn’t it something? They were actually proud of themselves for thinking of this solution. Our room steward was genuinely puzzled and said to me that on a previous ship all concierge had stools, he didn’t understand why Infinity didn’t.

Lol. I got the same thing on our Hawaii cruise on Century. They barely fit in the small balcony.

I have been following for awhile - debating on changing to Concierge on an upcoming cruise (simply for a highter deck).

Frankly, I'm not seeing anything at all that would justify the price difference; foot stools, embarkation lunch.

And if you're lucky - pillow menu, sparkling wine and a cheesy tote (already tosseed a few).

IMHO - think we'll consider Aqua, many more perks that we'd actually use.

I’d only pay more for an aft C1 cabin on an M class ship because of the bigger balconies and cabins, not because of the actual ‘extras’ included for Concierge.

Pax on CC comment that many of us are moaning about the ‘cuts’ on X, but this highlights those actual little things that add up to the lack of service of the product that was once foremost in the provider’s mind - it made X stand out from all the other mass lines. One now has to ask for the items that are actually paid for when reserving a CC cabin.

Pax on CC comment that many of us are moaning about the ‘cuts’ on X, but this highlights those actual little things that add up to the lack of service of the product that was once foremost in the provider’s mind - it made X stand out from all the other mass lines. One now has to ask for the items that are actually paid for when reserving a CC cabin.

Wholeheartedly agree. When I choose a product and pay the price, I expect the included items to be there. It should not be up to the passenger to ask for what they have paid for. Even if some of the items are not of interest to me, they should be there. This wouldn't happen if, for instance, buying a car with a certain spec, or electronics. It is something that should not be happening with Celebrity yet I read it happens more and more. One of my favourite extras is the footstools so I would be really disappointed to find them missing.

Ccotting, if you would be kind enough, who is the current staff and cruise director on Infinity. We sail on her next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn’t keep the sheet, I know many were changing over after the April 2 refit.

Joao is the Concierge, he is lovely. The Cruise director was Alejandro, not sure if he is staying on but he is an Energizer bunny, I don’t think he ever sleeps. Visit Dimitri and Igor, bartenders in the Cellar Masters bar, they are excellent. If you like Gin and Tonic ask Dimitri for a ‘milk and cream’ his name for a perfect one. Igor can stack glasses for a really daring show of expertise while he prepares your drink. Hector is the head waiter, ask about his Belgian Fiancée and don’t hesitate to ask for his help. Our sommelier was Natalia, a Columbian fireball, she may be leaving in SAN Diego.

There was lots to enjoy but as per many comments on the Board we had to ask for a number of the concierge items and I agree these should simply be there as part of excellent service.

• 1 month later...

I gather then that the "perks" really are hit or miss--

Noted the afternoon canapes seemed to be the same from ship to ship and 18 mos apart. Always "meh" and served with 1 knife/no forks etc.

We had a pillow menu on one ship, not on another--though on the recent on we asked for different pillows and that was accomodated within the hour.

Footstools MIA

The concierge "gift" bag (canvas) from 18 mos ago is excellent which was why were were keen on getting the second one this most recent cruise

However ...the recent gift bag--which took multiple inquiries was not the same--poorer quality and a ridiculously big logo.

CC offered priority debarkation--however as self-portage only carry on we opted to walk off-and THAT was a crazy long wait....Should have gone with the CC lounge/debark which did get off earlier

Had to ask for the ice bucket. Had to ask for the sparkling wine.

Nice CC cocktail event with officers on the helo pad... that was underwhelming yet nice enough for sail away to be worth going.

I do think that X figures if the Pax don't ask for it--they save $ and time re cabin clean up etc.?? when it comes to in cabin perks

We will be doing a TA in the spring of next year and would really like the hot kettle/tea set up as we had on our sailing our of Southhampton. Have read that its near impossible to get that accomodated even though the kettles are on board in storage somewhere.

Recent March Eclipse cruise Concierge .. Lunch on embarkation was very nice .. menu was limited, but just nice to have a place to drop our luggage and sit and be served and avoid the buffet chaos. Champagne was not in the cabin, but we asked cabin attendant and he said he waits until the passengers are on board to ask when they would like it .. he said when they had it waiting on ice, many passengers never drank it and asked for the bucket to be removed, etc. He brought our bottle within the hour .. we put it in the fridge and ended up carrying it off the ship. The bag ... it was canvas, not a good quality, but it was lined, it did not zip. We have a ton of these bags, and really don't care if we get another. Afternoon..we asked immediately to have our afternoon treats changed to cheese and crackers ...every afternoon we found a selection of cheese slices, crackers and dried fruit. There is a dedicated concierge (at least on our cruise) in the library .. didn't use, but saw a lot of people talking to this person when we were taking the elevators. we book early and re-check fares often. We paid less for our cabin that most did for verandah cabins...Yes, the verandah cabins were less expensive than concierge when we booked, but only by a hundred dollars ..so all in all we were happy with our decision, and the extra points resulted in our move up to the Elite level. I do agree that if the price difference becomes too wide.. we will opt out of concierge, as the "perks" are not great and the differences between elite and elite plus are also not worth paying significantly higher dollars for the extra points for concierge class.

Recent March Eclipse cruise Concierge .. Lunch on embarkation was very nice .. menu was limited, but just nice to have a place to drop our luggage and sit and be served and avoid the buffet chaos. Champagne was not in the cabin, but we asked cabin attendant and he said he waits until the passengers are on board to ask when they would like it .. he said when they had it waiting on ice, many passengers never drank it and asked for the bucket to be removed, etc. He brought our bottle within the hour .. we put it in the fridge and ended up carrying it off the ship. The bag ... it was canvas, not a good quality, but it was lined, it did not zip. We have a ton of these bags, and really don't care if we get another. Afternoon..we asked immediately to have our afternoon treats changed to cheese and crackers ...every afternoon we found a selection of cheese slices, crackers and dried fruit. There is a dedicated concierge (at least on our cruise) in the library .. didn't use, but saw a lot of people talking to this person when we were taking the elevators. we book early and re-check fares often. We paid less for our cabin that most did for verandah cabins...Yes, the verandah cabins were less expensive than concierge when we booked, but only by a hundred dollars ..so all in all we were happy with our decision, and the extra points resulted in our move up to the Elite level. I do agree that if the price difference becomes too wide.. we will opt out of concierge, as the "perks" are not great and the differences between elite and elite plus are also not worth paying significantly higher dollars for the extra points for concierge class.

Just a point, the attendants don’t always agree to swap to cheese and biscuits as we’ve asked previously and we’re told no, it wasn’t possible.

Forgot to say that yes we went tot he lunch at MDR... appreciated the quieter venue, the service (food and prosecco etc) and met a great couple (table next to us-- we had a blast all week)

We are sailing in AQ1 on our upcoming TA. Thought we'd perhaps enjoy the Persian Garden/Spa use during those 5 or so sea days and Blue.

We were pretty disappointed with the food quality in MDR on our last sailing. Service was fine--food was meh.

Do they bring cheese/crackers in AQ or just the daily teas?

Forgot to say that yes we went tot he lunch at MDR... appreciated the quieter venue, the service (food and prosecco etc) and met a great couple (table next to us-- we had a blast all week)

We are sailing in AQ1 on our upcoming TA. Thought we'd perhaps enjoy the Persian Garden/Spa use during those 5 or so sea days and Blue.

We were pretty disappointed with the food quality in MDR on our last sailing. Service was fine--food was meh.

Do they bring cheese/crackers in AQ or just the daily teas?

They do. Different snacks every day.

Just a question:

Has anyone ever been asked if they would like to have their shoes shined?

It's a perk that never, ever gets mentioned.

It's not that important anymore since the tux is locked up at home but occasionally on a back to back it would be nice to get the scuffs removed.

Been in CC many times but wouldn't pay very much more than a 1a. We usually get them for less after we book .

Speaking of S class we book for the expanded breakfast menu, location and footstools. Nothing else really matters to us.

We book M class for the menu and cabin size. No footstools on M class I've been told. Haven't been on one in years .

I've never booked CC to start but usually end up either there or AQ by the time we cruise.

Enjoy

Just a point, the attendants don’t always agree to swap to cheese and biscuits as we’ve asked previously and we’re told no, it wasn’t possible.

Have successfully changed the past 4 cruises. When we board and the attendant checks in to say hello, we take a few minutes to go over our requests ... We request ice service morning and afternoon (the ice bucket is never in the room when we arrive) and the change to cheese and crackers. Our requests have always been met.

Interesting to read all of these comments .. so many inconsistencies between ships and sailings! Thankfully, we've been very happy with our cabin and the delivery of CC "perks".

Have successfully changed the past 4 cruises. When we board and the attendant checks in to say hello, we take a few minutes to go over our requests ... We request ice service morning and afternoon (the ice bucket is never in the room when we arrive) and the change to cheese and crackers. Our requests have always been met.

Interesting to read all of these comments .. so many inconsistencies between ships and sailings! Thankfully, we've been very happy with our cabin and the delivery of CC "perks".

We do the same. We also ask for our wine and trade it for a bottle of Prosecco or red wine we like, ask for either a cheese or fruit plate or sometimes shrimp cocktail, and for our preferred memory foam molded pillows, as well as extra towels.

And that’s the problem with X at the moment: too many inconsistencies from one ship/sailing to another. We asked and were told no.