Shareholder Benefit

Buckeye10640

It doesn't matter whether or not they have the same last name and/or address. As stated on the form, "Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom."

If husband and wife are traveling with two children and husband and wife each own 100 shares: If husband and wife are booked in one stateroom and children in another, then only one credit. If husband is booked in one stateroom with one child and wife is in another stateroom with other child, then two credits.

Note that this is similar to the rule for the Elite mini-bar - only one per stateroom. If husband and wife are each Elite and they are in same stateroom, then one Elite mini-bar. If husband and wife are in different staterooms, then two mini-bars (one each).

Good analogy, but minor children can't book their own stateroom. A parent must be booked with a minor child.

They go to different fax and mail addresses, so if you have cruises on both lines you would need to send to both places.

I sent one in to Princess yesterday for the super sale on Caribbean in April ($199 int, $399 balcony for 10 days) and didn't realize I could have done my November cruise at the same time!

Sent mine in yesterday, they rejected it today. Claimed I didn't have address and name on the stock broker report. Pretty clearly there. Resubmitted for next two cruises.

I did get an email from Princess Players Club mentioning rates. When I went to try to book it showed prices like $1000pp for a balcony. Clicked on that and it showed $399 for forward guarantees only - other areas much higher. Shows up even when I am not logged on, so maybe rate is for everyone. When I booked it I did NOT enter a promotion code. Usually the Players Club emails show OBC instead.

Good analogy' date=' but minor children can't book their own stateroom. A parent must be booked with a minor child.[/quote']

Depends on the ages. If 16 or 17 they can be by themselves in a cabin near the parents.

Per Princess: For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian.

If husband and wife are traveling with two children and husband and wife each own 100 shares: If husband and wife are booked in one stateroom and children in another, then only one credit. If husband is booked in one stateroom with one child and wife is in another stateroom with other child, then two credits.

I have heard that since it is per stateroom, a couple with a single joint account of at least 100 shares, could each get the credit if they each book separate staterooms on the same voyage. Is this true?

I have heard that since it is per stateroom, a couple with a single joint account of at least 100 shares, could each get the credit if they each book separate staterooms on the same voyage. Is this true?

Yes, but remember staterooms are billed as double occupancy, so not a savings unless you are paying for an additional two people/kids.

I doubt it. Surely Princess would catch it. And not cost-effective since staterooms are billed double occupancy.

Hey Thrak - since Scottrade just switched over to TD Ameritrade on Monday you need to go in and set up dividend reinvestment. New company will buy .001 fractional shares but you have to enroll in it.

Thank you for the tip! :D

I hadn’t thought about that. I just went online and set it up. (y)

Yes, but remember staterooms are billed as double occupancy, so not a savings unless you are paying for an additional two people/kids.

Yes, we have each booked staterooms when sailing with others. Sometimes we get better deals than our friends/family. I just never thought of applying for additional shareholder credit for the second room until I read something on these boards about it working.

I doubt it. Surely Princess would catch it. And not cost-effective since staterooms are billed double occupancy.

When traveling with others. Nothing to catch, it is per stateroom. Each room would have a valid shareholder. The form states one per shareholder occupied stateroom. Not per share account.

Does Princess honor both military obc, and shareholder credit for the same cruise? Or is it one or the other credit? I think RCI doesn’t allow you to “stack” credits and wasn’t sure about Princess.

Thx

Mike

Yes, on Princess you can get military and shareholder obc. You can also get the Future Cruise Deposit OBC and the Loyalty. You can even throw in OBC from the Princess credit card and anything else you can find

I think I know this already' date=' but I'm going to ask. Can the form and supporting documentation be sent by e-mail or must it be by fax?

I have it all in a digital file--easy to e-mail, harder to print out and then fax.[/quote']

You can FAX it or send it by snail mail through the post office. They don’t accept e-mail.

You can FAX it or send it by snail mail through the post office. They don’t accept e-mail.

That's what I thought, thanks.

I just found a reason to not use my amazing TA. When she is off sick, I get stuck with the snotty "know it all" in the office who actually knows nothing. There are actually several other excellent agents, but I get the gritchy one.....

I think I know this already' date=' but I'm going to ask. Can the form and supporting documentation be sent by e-mail or must it be by fax?

I have it all in a digital file--easy to e-mail, harder to print out and then fax.[/quote']

Use Faxzero.com from your computer. Works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmm Just tried faxing-correct number(checked twice) but no answer and it did not go through.

Busy when I tried to call the 800 number to confirm.

Will try again tomorrow .

Can't believe I may have to resort to snail mail!!

Wish we could just scan and e mail it.

It would be nice if there was a secure drop box in the Cruise Personalizer to submit documents for the shareholder or military benefits, or any other personal information specifically requested by Princess for booked passengers.

But not e-mail. Never send financial documents via e-mail, no matter how much identifying information is blacked out. If a company asks you to do so, run from them as fast as you can. It is less unsafe to tell someone your SSN on Facebook messenger then to e-mail something as seemingly routine as a stock purchase order. Just far too commonplace for even a presumably cybersecure business to have a virus on a single terminal that will forward all received e-mails to heaven knows where.

It worked--an hour and a half after I sent it, I saw that it had been posted to my account.

And I enjoyed writing an e-mail to the substitute TA (I've had issues with her before), telling her that her info was wrong and that it was my normal TA who first advised me of the correct info. OK, that was snotty, but it was the second time within the month that she's given me information that I knew was not correct. I would change agencies if things were based on her, but I love my regular agent and I've had positive interactions with all the others except this woman.

Edited by moki'smommy