Upgrade to a mini suite??? Yay or Nay

new2cruisin2018

how much is the extra cost , also where do you find about the upgrade , im going on my first cruise in july , many thanks

Sometimes when there are a lot of higher grade cabins not sold just prior to sailing Princess contact passengers and offer upgrades at a price which varies.

The mini suites are quite a lot larger than the basic balcony cabins and have a bath not just shower and a sitting area and in my opinion are worth the extra cost.

Enjoy your first cruise but be careful it probably won't be your last as most of us get hooked!

I gave up an aft facing balcony for a mini suite upgrade. I did not get to choose the mini suite. It turned out to be an obstructed view beside the lifeboats. The mini suite size wad nice but that was all.

Thank you for all the great input. I left a message this weekend, hopefully I get the call back Monday and the room is still available.

So, did you get the mini suite?!!! Hopefully you were able to get one.

Mother in Law offered to pay the upsell offer fee to go form our deluxe balcony to a mini suite. Is there any reason not to do it? 2 adults/ 2 kids

Can you provide more info like, ship, # of cruise days & what type of itinerary, cost of upgrade?

I would also do a MOCK booking to see what rooms are available. This can be helpful as Princess might be willing to let you pick your stateroom. I was able to pick my stateroom before.

Please post as to what happens & good luck!

Tom😀

Unfortunately we did not get one and we are now on a waiting list. Plan on having a good time in our deluxe balcony regardless.

You will have a great time in our deluxe balcony!!! You aren't in the room much so I wouldn't give it a 2nd thought. Hope you have the greatest family cruise.

I gave up an aft facing balcony for a mini suite upgrade. I did not get to choose the mini suite. It turned out to be an obstructed view beside the lifeboats. The mini suite size wad nice but that was all.

When I was offered an upsell, I was able to pick any of the available staterooms in the offered category before agreeing to the upsell. If I did not like any of the available straterooms in that category, then I would not have taken the upsell.

Mother in Law offered to pay the upsell offer fee to go form our deluxe balcony to a mini suite. Is there any reason not to do it? 2 adults/ 2 kids

Do it!

We had two mini suites with five adults and our three grandchildren next to each other. It worked out very well. With the curtain closed the other TV will not bother a late sleeper. You will appreciate the extra room.

24402925058_f3ff34a11a_b.jpgOur Cabin

24402925028_00dfd6e780_b.jpgTheir Cabin

Her first time sleeping in a bed not used to being out of a crib. She rolled out landing on pillows placed on the floor. Never woke up and spent the night on the floor.

38242155412_71658494e4_b.jpgRolled out of bed and never woke up

Howard

Just an FYI on the previous post - you can request bed rails from your steward to help with the "rolling out of bed" issue.

Thank you. I didn't know that. I'm always amazed at the things one can learn on CC

By the time of her next cruise It most likely will no longer be a problem.

Howard

Our youngest rolled out of his single bed every night when he was younger. His room was above ours and every night we could hear the thud. He stayed there all night waking up on the carpeted floor. Falling out of a bunk bed however is another matter as it is further to the floor.

We were upgraded to a mini one time years ago and as they like to say the rest is history.