family of 7 wanting to cruise

meema123

Starting to plan on taking our 5 kids + hubby and I on a cruise next year. We are wanting to stay with Norwegian :) Because they are the BEST!!!! We are trying to decide if 2 rooms vs mini suite. Best value...does anyone know? They are ages 18-28. So there are 'big' bodies in the room. Not little tots.

What ship? We’ve cruised several times on NCL with our 5, the last times they ranged from 14 - 20, we always get connecting balconies, it’s tight, but my kids get along very well, and are easy going. It does save money.

For seven adults I would consider three cabins. Perhaps two connecting balconies and an inside to save some cash or three balconies if it's in the budget.

Depends on price/sailing/ship but with 7 you might consider haven or a suite. Sometimes the price isn’t a huge jump especially if they have a sale on additional guests in the same cabin. There is a lot more space to move around but again it depends on the itinerary and ship as to what that price increase is.

Depends on price/sailing/ship but with 7 you might consider haven or a suite. Sometimes the price isn’t a huge jump especially if they have a sale on additional guests in the same cabin. There is a lot more space to move around but again it depends on the itinerary and ship as to what that price increase is.

If the Haven is just a few pennies more it sounds like problem solved.

I think the only suite that sleeps 7 is the 3 bedroom, WAY more expensive than two or three balconies (although I price it out every time).

You’re right, only sleeps 6. And the 3 bedroom is definitely more expensive.

We are a family of 8. Depending on your budget and itinerary you have lots of options.

We do 1 balcony and 1 interior but 4 are under the age of 16 so the interior works.

This next sailing we have 3 cabins. 2 interior and 1 balcony.

Remember the Free at Sea UBP and UDP are only for the first 2 passengers in each cabin.

Starting to plan on taking our 5 kids + hubby and I on a cruise next year. We are wanting to stay with Norwegian :) Because they are the BEST!!!! We are trying to decide if 2 rooms vs mini suite. Best value...does anyone know? They are ages 18-28. So there are 'big' bodies in the room. Not little tots.

Welcome to CC.

Book a Garden Villa on a Jewel or Dawn class ship.

Problem solved for the best.

Actually with 5 teens, I think I would do 3 cabins: 1 balcony and 2 inside or 2 outside,depending on your budget. A mini suite will not hold all of you, but you could do a mini suite and one more cabin.

I would consider two mini suites. You get a bigger bathroom and the cabin is a tad bigger. Putting four adults in a balcony cabin might be a squeeze on NCL. We did a mini suite on Princess and the cabin was much larger than an NCL mini suite but it was also more money. Good luck.

Which Ship? From what I read, the cabins on the Jewel Class ships might be a bit larger than those on the Mega ships. I have only sailed on Jewel & Dawn classes.

Check out the deck and cabin plan to see how many people the cabins can comfortably sleep. Many have drop-down bunks. or trundle beds.

If a suite is not in the budget, two or three OVs or Interiors might do it. You will find that the extra bathrooms are a necessity. Good luck and enjoy your family cruise.