Is Persian Garden Still an Elite Perk?

lvz2cruz

Celebrity has done away with the coupon sheets. The perks are still available, they are loaded into your seapass card. Me thinks that Celebrity feels that if you don’t have a coupon, you won’t use the perk.

Rollie

You sure Rollie?

My last Trans-Atlantic last April on the Eclipse still had coupons. As with all Trans-Atlantic's the ship was full of Elites and higher.

I'm scheduled next month for another Trans-Atlantc on the Reflection, we'll find out.

Persian Garden on the Infinity is very dark and steamy. It's located in an interior space, so no outside windows. It's interesting to visit: to sit on the heated bench, use the hot steam room, and cold room. It also has special showers, but one or the other always seems to be broken. The PG is usually a 15-30 min visit for us when we're on an M ship like the Infinity.

Persian Garden on the Reflection is IMO very nice and worth the visit. The locker rooms that are adjacent to PG are very nice on the S class ships. I usually take a nice hot shower after my visit to PG since I have more elbow room here than in my cabin. PG has a cluster of heated loungers that you can lie on while looking out of very large windows that face the ocean. These tend to be busy so you have to wait until someone leaves, then jump in their spot. There are a series of sensory rooms with different levels of heat/cold and fragrances. Lots of fun to hop between rooms. The special showers usually work at PG. We usually plan on 1hr at PG on the S ships, but we have been known to lose track of time and end up staying longer. Also, the S ships have a "Relaxation room" at the front of the ship where passengers can relax on loungers while looking out over the water. This room is lightly used by passengers waiting for a spa treatment. I find this is a nice place to spend quiet time, read a book, or enjoy a cup of tea from the self serve tea/water station located in this room.

You sure Rollie?

My last Trans-Atlantic last April on the Eclipse still had coupons. As with all Trans-Atlantic's the ship was full of Elites and higher.

I'm scheduled next month for another Trans-Atlantc on the Reflection, we'll find out.

No coupons on Summit in July 2017

Just did 2 cruises in January....no coupons.

rollie

Yea, I was on the Infinity last November for a So American cruise and it had no coupons. All the Elite & higher could fit into the dedicated Skyview Lounge for happy hour (5p-7p) on that cruise. The Captains Club Hostess just checked your sea pass card when entering and you could order as much you wanted in that time period. On the Trans-Atlantic cruises, usually more then 1/2 the passengers are Elite & higher making it necessary to allow the happy hour in multiple bars, therefore necessitating coupons.

many people who use the heated loungers and think they are a place to read , sleep .. and horrors.. SNORE. There are only about 6 of them and not worth the effort of getting ready and wandering in for a rare chance of getting a spot and then leaving because some guy's snore is making me gag.

many people who use the heated loungers and think they are a place to read , sleep .. and horrors.. SNORE. There are only about 6 of them and not worth the effort of getting ready and wandering in for a rare chance of getting a spot and then leaving because some guy's snore is making me gag.

Grosss...that happens in the Solarium as well!

Guest should be encouraged to maintain a quiet relaxation space...with spa music and frequent checks by stafff..,not usually the case,

From my experience using it as a Captain's Club perk on a port day on Constellation I don't think you've missed much. I was very disappointed in the day I had there.

Phil

Was it like the Millie? Thinking all the M class ships are probably the same. We were aqua class on that one and used the Persian Gardens mainly because we could. Not something I'd pay extra for.

We enjoyed our visit to the Spa on our Reflection cruise. As we stayed on the ship in Grand Cayman so had the place to ourselves! As to the other perks, we just handed our card over and the perks were noted. Most noticibly was the free gelato!

snow bunny

The Persian Garden has never been an Elite perk. One may purchase access or book an AQ cabin which includes access. Back when there were coupons, I believe there was one for access on a port day. I never paid too much attention to it. Celebrity seems to have done away with the coupons.

Not true! We've gotten access to the Persian Garden (on a port day) each time we have cruised as Elite!:D:D

:D

• Like 1

Was it like the Millie? Thinking all the M class ships are probably the same. We were aqua class on that one and used the Persian Gardens mainly because we could. Not something I'd pay extra for.

I'm sure they will be essentially the same. My issues were the facility was in poor condition with showers not working in the Persian Gardens, smelly shower cubicles in the changing room and the attitude of the staff. They were more interested in trying to upsell me a spa treatment and totally disinterested in looking after me as a Persian Gardens guest. It's why I put a note not to go there on a day they are having crew drill. That didn't seem to help as all the staff cleared out when that was being done.

Phil

Yes, the M class Persian Gardens are all the same. Dark, dingy, not at all inviting. None of those interesting tile beds overlooking the ocean as shown in all the pictures. We had unlimited access one cruise and never went after taking a look.

On our recent cruises, no physical coupons have been issued for any of the CC perks. Your level is noted on your Seapass card, and the perks are automatic. Do double check that you are not charged for them. I asked our butler for a list of the perks and they never appeared.