Found man's wedding band on Allure of the Seas cabin 9329

Did they contact the cruiseline and ask if the ring was found? I assume they did because she got your name from somewhere?

If so, she would have gotten it back a lot sooner than 2 years

Cruiseline wouldn't help her, in her tel msg she left on our cabin phone, her email address she left contained two names, I msg lots of people around the world, I got scam emails, when I eventually found the owner I needed info from her to confirm she was the genuine owner. I asked for the cabin number, date of cruise, photo of ring, she sent me all those details, including GIA certificate. And copy of the cruise booking docs, I was in no doubt then the ring was hers, we spoke on the phone and shared stories of what I had done to find her, and she told me how she left it and how cruiseline couldn't help, but I got it back to her in the end, but yes took just short of two years.

Sorry I meant to add the cruiseline never gave her my name, she was allowed one very short call to our stateroom, sadly we were not in and she left a msg on the phone, with her asking me to email her, but left incomplete email address(s) as I said she didn't ask me to hand it to desk she wanted personal dealings with whoever was in the cabin. The cruiseline had told her they could not ask new guests to check room or safe and they could not come to our stateroom to pass on any messages. We would have not minded had the cruiseline asked us it would have been much easier had they done so, we assumed the owners of ring may have had a previous bad experience with lost property.

It is a poor decision.

At best, you’ve taken on the obligation of finding the real owner, and that’s a hassle.

At worst, it’s theft by finding.

I must admit to some curiosity,though. Everyone here is giving the OP the benefit of the doubt. And since we don’t know the OP or what other steps the OP may have taken to return the ring, that’s fine.

But I’ve seen a number of people here allege serious dishonesty on the part of Royal Caribbean personnel. Why on earth would you want to sail a cruise line if you have such a low opinion of its employees?

Why on earth would you want to sail a cruise line if you have such a low opinion of its employees?

It's all about the Benjamins. Given a good enough deal, folks will overlook just about anything.

Biker, who is somewhat surprised at the post whoring on this issue.

It is a poor decision.

At best, you’ve taken on the obligation of finding the real owner, and that’s a hassle.

At worst, it’s theft by finding.

I must admit to some curiosity,though. Everyone here is giving the OP the benefit of the doubt. And since we don’t know the OP or what other steps the OP may have taken to return the ring, that’s fine.

But I’ve seen a number of people here allege serious dishonesty on the part of Royal Caribbean personnel. Why on earth would you want to sail a cruise line if you have such a low opinion of its employees?

It is not just RC. There are dishonest people every where. Fortunately, at least in my opinion, there are more honest people than dishonest. Do you really feel that all RC employees are honest?

It is not just RC. There are dishonest people every where. Fortunately, at least in my opinion, there are more honest people than dishonest. Do you really feel that all RC employees are honest?

I’m sure there are honest and dishonest people everywhere.

Remember a few years ago! The idiot employee on a Disney cruise ship who stole a guest’s iPhone? He took pictures of himself, and the pictures uploaded to the victim’s iCloud account. She published the pix on Facebook, and her story went viral.

But it’s a very strong statement to say that it’s better to take the ring than turn it over to the untrustworthy employees. How do you even let those terrible people into your cabin to clean during your cruise?

It's common sense that the person who lost an will have a better chance of getting their item back if the person who finds it turns it in where it was lost. Once someone takes the item home, then the chances are minimal. If I ever lose anything, I hope an honest person turns it in. I am surprised that people would actually take the item home with them. It's almost like they want the credit, but in reality, they are making it harder for the person who lost the item to get it back.

Once someone realizes they lost an item on a cruise, they contact the cruise line. They don't go from message board to message board across the internet. I found a camera on a cruise once. It never crossed my mind to take it home. I turned it in.

It's common sense that the person who lost an will have a better chance of getting their item back if the person who finds it turns it in where it was lost. Once someone takes the item home, then the chances are minimal. If I ever lose anything, I hope an honest person turns it in. I am surprised that people would actually take the item home with them. It's almost like they want the credit, but in reality, they are making it harder for the person who lost the item to get it back.

Common sense isn’t very common, I’m afraid.

I can’t imagine why a company would post on its website “ Call our lost and found” unless it intended for people to actually use this service.

My boyfriend has a very, very expensive camera. We were really enjoying our drink package on the Breeze a few years ago, and he left the very, very expensive camera on a seat in the theater. He got said very, very expensive camera back because someone TURNED IT IN. Of course, someone could have taken the camera home, uploaded his photos and posted them to Cruise Critic to find him and return the camera. But the thing is, he doesn’t belong to Cruise Critic. Fortunately I do, and I would have seen the photos...maybe. Or maybe not.

it's common sense that the person who lost an will have a better chance of getting their item back if the person who finds it turns it in where it was lost. Once someone takes the item home, then the chances are minimal. If i ever lose anything, i hope an honest person turns it in. I am surprised that people would actually take the item home with them. It's almost like they want the credit, but in reality, they are making it harder for the person who lost the item to get it back.

Once someone realizes they lost an item on a cruise, they contact the cruise line. They don't go from message board to message board across the internet. I found a camera on a cruise once. It never crossed my mind to take it home. I turned it in.

gmta

I’m sure there are honest and dishonest people everywhere.

Remember a few years ago! The idiot employee on a Disney cruise ship who stole a guest’s iPhone? He took pictures of himself, and the pictures uploaded to the victim’s iCloud account. She published the pix on Facebook, and her story went viral.

But it’s a very strong statement to say that it’s better to take the ring than turn it over to the untrustworthy employees. How do you even let those terrible people into your cabin to clean during your cruise?

Not about trustworthiness per se. So much beureacracy on a ship let a lone a multi billion dollar company. So many reasons that it may not make it back to the original owner that have nothing to do with honesty. A bit different but look at the airlines. Tons of luggage never gets back to the original owners and that there is a retail store in the south somewhere that sells all of it.

But work in service and you will meet many thieves.

Because I am trustworthy I’d keep it myself and call corporate immediately. This solves all concerns.

Still wondering about that law school?

Not about trustworthiness per se. So much beureacracy on a ship let a lone a multi billion dollar company. So many reasons that it may not make it back to the original owner that have nothing to do with honesty. A bit different but look at the airlines. Tons of luggage never gets back to the original owners and that there is a retail store in the south somewhere that sells all of it.

But work in service and you will meet many thieves.

Because I am trustworthy I’d keep it myself and call corporate immediately. This solves all concerns.

Still wondering about that law school?

When my kids were little, I took them to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. My Kids were 4 and 5 at the time, so I packed a bag with extra clothes, bathing suits, etc. for our day in the park. And left it on a park bench. I thought it was gone forever. I left my name and number with lost and found. About a week after we got home, a package arrived from Virginia. It was the bag. And the only thing missing? A bag of Starbursts.

So, yes, I believe in “lost and found”.

My boyfriend has a very, very expensive camera. We were really enjoying our drink package on the Breeze a few years ago, and he left the very, very expensive camera on a seat in the theater. He got said very, very expensive camera back because someone TURNED IT IN. Of course, someone could have taken the camera home, uploaded his photos and posted them to Cruise Critic to find him and return the camera. But the thing is, he doesn’t belong to Cruise Critic. Fortunately I do, and I would have seen the photos...maybe. Or maybe not.

This is a far different situation than the OP described. In your case, it was obvious the person that lost the camera was on the ship and there was enough time for someone to claim the camera. The OP really did not have any idea when the ring was lost, perhaps it was not lost by the person on the previous cruise. The OP is trying to make the nest of a bad situation.

Common sense isn’t very common, I’m afraid.

I can’t imagine why a company would post on its website “ Call our lost and found” unless it intended for people to actually use this service.

I agree with you. It's annoying that people would keep an item and take it home with them instead of turning it in where they found it. Even more annoying is that they think they are the only ones who could be trusted with it and they think the off chance someone will see their post on a message board is more likely than the owner of the item getting their item back by contacting the ship. It boggles the mind.

So, a person is deemed "dammed if they do, dammed if they don't, if they "try" and do the right thing, who, may I ask decides "what IS the right thing to do". Take something off the ship, and take the time and effort to find the right owner, you become a thief or leave it someone else picks it up, with the intention of "turning it in" and it gets lost at lost and found. I have personally left a new blouse, hanging on the back of the door at a hotel. I was in the car, I remembered it, and called the hotel less than one hour after checkout, and was told it was not there and they had no record of it. I told them exactly where I left it and the only one that would have entered the room was the maid. Again I was told..sorry. Who in the world would take a plus size blouse is beyond me...but I hope whoever took it, enjoys wearing it.

You know of no such thing! You think only 50% of the crew members and or guest relations staff is honest? I would have put it in an envelope with found cabin #.... and handed it to a guest relations employee. No need to wait in a line

Lol you're right, I know of no such thing. That's why I said "I'm guessing".

And where does one find a guest relations employee on the morning of departure without waiting in line? And who brings an envelope on a cruise?

Edited by time4u2go

We found a man's wedding band on Allure of the Seas on the last day. Too late to turn in, we were on our way out. It was under the felt of the safe, found during a last minute check of the safe. Cruised in early March of 2018. It has an inscription. If anyone can identify, let me know.

May be mine. Can you send private messages here?

Here is a prefect example of everything that is wrong with sites like this one. The OP does a good thing, they made a choice right or wrong they believe it to be correct. They are trying to return to the owner and posters here question and attack them. Really..... Do you think is how posters should act? How about just a simple Thank you to the OP for trying to do the right thing.

Here is a prefect example of everything that is wrong with sites like this one. The OP does a good thing, they made a choice right or wrong they believe it to be correct. They are trying to return to the owner and posters here question and attack them. Really..... Do you think is how posters should act? How about just a simple Thank you to the OP for trying to do the right thing.

Discussing the decision and alternatives is important. How else will we work out what to do should we be faced with a similar set of events?

Criticism is not an attack. None of us like to be the receiver of criticism, but many learn to get beyond the immediate defensive reaction and extract from the criticism anything of worth.

Disagreeing with a decision is not an attack.

"Concensus is"? Lol whose concensus? Yours?

People on this thread as I judged it. Having gone through the postings again, you might be right to question whether there is a consensus. Too late for me to change my post though.

May be mine. Can you send private messages here?
So now someone has come forward claiming they might be the owner.

How will OP ever know if they never come back having run for the hills?

How will they ever know their "bad decision" might have worked?

How will prosecutors find the OP now to charge them with larceny?

Without PM's how can people share secrets on CC?