Walking Out During Shows

gmbhardy

what I don't like is the people who walk in halve through the show I think that is rude

I agree, if they wanted to see that show they should have just not eaten dinner since they probably couldn't get good times on their reservation. How rude of them to actually think that eating was important.

I agree, if they wanted to see that show they should have just not eaten dinner since they probably couldn't get good times on their reservation. How rude of them to actually think that eating was important.

Now Mr. Jedi, how do you know that is why they are late? Aren't you making an assumption? There are many reasons why people are late. Maybe they just decided to "drop in" to see what is going on? I do not know unless I were to ask them.

Same with leaving early- if someone comes in late, just do so discreetly. Sit in the back quietly. Try not to disturb anyone who is into the show.

Oh and BTW not saying that coming in late is wrong, just please do not make a "scene". There is enough going on on the stage.

The last two times I walked out during the show we're, firstly spotlights being swept over the audience and bright white flashes hurting my eyes, secondly the ship orchestra playing so loudly that I couldn't here the guest artiste singing.

I'm more annoyed by the people who come in halfway thru a show tbh.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

what I don't like is the people who walk in halve through the show I think that is rude

They are probably the ones that researched the show and know the first half sucks and is a waste of time.

Couldn’t care less when people come and go, there business, their reason, if I like a show I stay if not I leave.

I have to laugh at myself. I read this three or four times wondering what kind of show business term halve is. I was thinking it might be a performance break of some sort. It took me a bit top realize you were talking about someone leaving at the half way point! Boy do I feel stupid. ;p

Alas, it's quite clear he's talking about folks who walk in midway through the show

and want the seats down front and on the centerline. :halo:

Yes I figured that out after several reads which is why I was feeling so stupid. The "out" v "in" was mistype on my part. What threw me more was the term halve. As I said though, I was just being stupid.

You'll see more of such as more people use speech-to-text: "Half" and "halve"

sound way to close for current tech.

...and you thought spell-check was dangerous? :rolleyes:

PS: Save some stupid for me, ok?

Almost 400 posts about a issue that no one on this site can changed. People will leave when they want, even if a policy was in place no one leaves they still will leave. What a waste of time and effort.

Thanks for adding to the waste, 400 here we come.

People are free to come and go from any show, event, etc. as they please. No rules. No policies.

I think that it is time to walk out on this thread. Excuse me. Excuse me.

Anyone is free to stay or leave.

People are free to come and go from any show, event, etc. as they please. No rules. No policies.

I think that it is time to walk out on this thread. Excuse me. Excuse me.

just as someone should not feel the need to post a comment on every thread...

Almost 400 posts about a issue that no one on this site can changed. People will leave when they want, even if a policy was in place no one leaves they still will leave. What a waste of time and effort.

Looks like both of us have time to waste

When I saw halve, I was reading it as if it was some sort of term rhyming with valve, that I was not aware of.

Perhaps speech to text ought to recognize the context in which a word is used so that it would select the correct word to translate (and thus the correct spelling). We all know that when one uses speech to text halve of there post is two confusion too reed. ;p:D:p

Early days of auto-correct. Or still auto-correct for some of us.

Does anyone know how many people have posted just once in this thread to say what a waste this thread was and bump it back to the top?

I think this thread has been interesting. I have enjoyed it. No need to judge.

I think we have determined that going to a theater on a ship is different than going to a theater on land. People are going to be coming and going unfortunately. Just don't disturb anyone trying to watch the show is all. (Disclaimer-I am not saying people should not leave-their vacation, their money, their time etc etc etc)

Also some folks do not appreciate shows on a ship because it is just one more thing they can do and they do not have to pay extra for it. I can only speak for MDQ, but those actors do work hard to be the best they can be for the passengers. It does matter to them how they do every night.

Or is it a free for all?

I believe the proper term is "freestyle"

And I think the only things they publish are prices and that you should show up early for good seats.

Or come in late after the first group left and take their seats front and center.

We don't sit through a show that is terrible.

Some of the shows we have seen on NCL recently were really bad. (Beatles)

We generally sit near the rear and always, if possible on the aisle, so we don't disturb anyone.

Sorry, but my vacation/cruise...if there is something I don't like I do something about it, if that means walking out...so be it.