Walking Out During Shows

gmbhardy

When we saw Priscilla, 3/4 of the people walked out during the show. We stayed, but it was actually kind of funny watching people walk out. We were on the second floor and had a good view of the audience . Some people were pretty horrified and tried to communicate that as they left.

When we saw Priscilla, 3/4 of the people walked out during the show. We stayed, but it was actually kind of funny watching people walk out. We were on the second floor and had a good view of the audience . Some people were pretty horrified and tried to communicate that as they left.

Not surprising with that show. A lot of people just are not ready to embrace the whole cross-dressing and trans lifestyle.

And no, I am not dissing it, nor am I saying they should do away with the show.

Not surprising with that show. A lot of people just are not ready to embrace the whole cross-dressing and trans lifestyle.

And no, I am not dissing it, nor am I saying they should do away with the show.

Is it 2018 or 1820?

Is it 2018 or 1820?

2018. And people still have issues with race, you think that we have an open enough society that people are fully accepting of alternative lifestyles?

Again, not putting down anyone's choices, just stating facts. People are still stuck with the idea that things that they don't like are not socially acceptable. Look at this thread as a good example. Because some people don't like getting up and leaving during a show they think no one should get up and leave during a show.

NCL is pushing the envelope with a show like PQD, and that is good. Even if it makes people uncomfortable maybe they will talk about it, and realize that simply because other people choose to have a different lifestyle doesn't mean that it is contagious and suddenly they will want to live that lifestyle. But I can imagine a lot of people becoming uncomfortable and leaving because they have never been exposed to that. I can remember in 1991 going to a small town in Denver to pick up a military fugitive and having a teenage child walk up to my partner, he wanted to touch him and ask him why he chose to be black. The kid had never seen a black person before, and that was 1991. Up until a few years ago there was a local convenience store clerk that would not take money out of the hands of a white person or put change directly in their hands, it was always exchanged on the counter so he would not touch a white person. It wasn't because he was racist, it was because he was alive pre-civil rights era and grew up being told never to touch a white person.

You mean like not making judgements about others based on facts unknown then then putting the onus on that other person to cease whatever activity that you are choosing to be all upset about in the first place? That etiquette! Yeah I ddin't think so. :confused:

Yep, that was the etiquette I was talking about.

BTW, what was the prize for those that picked 20 pages early on? Seems we are almost there!

I really wish people would take the time to find out the themes/story lines of the performances before they book them. Far too many people walk out during the shows because they didn’t know what the show is about. This is disrespectful to the performers and audience. In the elevator after a “Brat Pack” performance on the Escape, a gentleman let everyone know that he was disappointed because he was expecting a “Rat Pack” performance. I’ve seen hordes of people walk out during After Midnight, Priscilla, and Rock of Ages because they had no idea of the show’s content. I even saw people walk out during the Beatles show on the Epic. What were they expecting, an entomology seminar?

Definitely a "1st World problem" ;)

If the stage is properly lit, the folks onstage won't know people are leaving

until enough leave that their lines begin to echo hollowly.

OTOH, it is discourteous to sit down front, then climb over 27 fellow

passengers and block the view of 5 rows back as you leave.

Definitely a "1st World problem" ;)

If the stage is properly lit, the folks onstage won't know people are leaving

until enough leave that their lines begin to echo hollowly.

OTOH, it is discourteous to sit down front, then climb over 27 fellow

passengers and block the view of 5 rows back as you leave.

So if someone is early enough to get good seats, they have no right to leave before the show ends?

So if someone is early enough to get good seats, they have no right to leave before the show ends?

Nope.

We all have the right to be discourteous, but most balance the discourtesy with the

pain being inflicted from the stage and how much relief we will provide to our fellow

passengers by blocking their view. ;)

Nope.

We all have the right to be discourteous, but most balance the discourtesy with the

pain being inflicted from the stage and how much relief we will provide to our fellow

passengers by blocking their view. ;)

You're tongue in cheek, but I think people should just leave when they want, pain or no pain.

I say it's OK to leave as long as you try to disturb fellow passengers as little as possible. Time your exit during the period of applause after a song, not during a song. And walk out on a comedian at your own risk.

If we think there is a chance that we may not like a show, we sit right at the back. We have no issue with leaving, I’ve paid to enjoy my trip and if that means not sitting through something that isn’t great then I walk.

You can always sit right at the front if you don’t want to watch people leave.

We’ve had times where the only dinner reservation in a specialty meant missing the start or end but it’s my choice if I go or not and I won’t be staying through something because I may offend the person who, although they are not enjoying it, are remaining in their seat

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just remember you do not need a chair right next to the pool in order to use and enjoy said pool (contrary to the belief of those who perpetuate the myth).

I would make the access to all the chairs near the pool so that you would have to swim through the pool to get to them.