Just back from MSC Seaside Yacht Club

kelmac

If you arent high jacking elevators with your YC priveleges then you arent truly maximizing the value od YC. I plan to fully exercise my right for priority elevators when i sail on Seaside in late August.

MB,

Good luck with that. Let me know how it feels that first time people abandon an elevator you high jacked.

If you arent high jacking elevators with your YC priveleges then you arent truly maximizing the value od YC. I plan to fully exercise my right for priority elevators when i sail on Seaside in late August.

So if a YC member gets on an elevator that was highjacked by a different YC member can the 2nd YCer highjack the elevator away from the first YCer? That would be fully maximizing YC privleges. ;)

Great review! Thank you! We'll be boarding Seaside in 3 weeks! We have a YC balcony on deck 18.

I am a bit dismayed to hear there is no walking/running track, but I appreciate knowing so I'm prepared! I'll have to figure something out to get my steps in -- if anyone has any suggestions! ;)

I am not an elevator person; I prefer using stairs and definitely will on Seaside! I think being able to override elevators is a terrible idea. :( Either have dedicated elevators for YC or we should tough it out with everyone else on the ship.

So if a YC member gets on an elevator that was highjacked by a different YC member can the 2nd YCer highjack the elevator away from the first YCer?

Nope, I was on an elevator (not using the YC privilege) that was hijacked by another YC guest. There was nothing anyone could do until we arrived at the called floor as all the buttons inside go dead. I told the other passengers what was happening and we ended up on deck 16, where I was going anyway. Now I will put it out here again that anyone can thwart the YC takeover by just staying on the elevator and just keep pushing the floor button they want to go to after the YC person gets on and swipes their card/band. There are number pads on both sides of the elevator and they cannot stop you from making your selection too. MSC needs to hurry up and get rid of it this whole YC elevator priority thing because it will get really bad once enough people realize they can thwart it - even if sometimes ending in a stuck elevator.

If you are serious about everything you say that you will do you will probably be kicked off the ship in the first port!

If you are serious about everything you say that you will do you will probably be kicked off the ship in the first port!

Hm, not that I am agreeing with MB but as far as I recall he only intended to make full (ok, excessive) use of his YC privileges :D I don't think he can be kicked off for this.

Hm, not that I am agreeing with MB but as far as I recall he only intended to make full (ok, excessive) use of his YC privileges :D I don't think he can be kicked off for this.

It depends on how intense he tries to get things that really aren't included! If he is to rude to staff when they say no he might get kicked off.

It depends on how intense he tries to get things that really aren't included! If he is to rude to staff when they say no he might get kicked off.

Please ignore MB. He is a troll and likes to see how people react to his stupid comments.

~Brian

Please ignore MB. He is a troll and likes to see how people react to his stupid comments.

~Brian

Hi Brian,

MB sure killed this thread. Tried to get one of the last two YC inside cabins for a cruise this October -- by the time my TA got into the system, they were gone.

Enjoy!

Kel:D

We haven't been on Seaside yet but on the four Fantasia class ships, Fantasia, Splendida, Preziosa and Divina, the two of the four forward elevators have a tag indicating they are for YC use. There's a slot to swipe your card to call the elevator and once on you have to swipe it again to indicate which deck you want. If other passengers decide to get on one of the dedicated elevators they have to put up with an express shot up to the YC decks. That's one of the perks we pay for in YC:

• 2 months later...

Kel,

We were in YC on the Divina last fall and the elevator feature would always bring the next empty elevator. Sometimes people would board with you but never did a full elevator come to pick us up. They should change the Seaside like that so it's not as bad for others. We're on the Seaside this fall in YC so will see if they adjusted it yet or not.