Live from the Seaside April 7, 2018

maureencruiser

Realizing that not all of you are sophisticated world travelers like I am :D, I will translate some common signs for you.

Much like the airport photo in Charlotte, this is a future picture of me at the end of the day.

IMG_1188-M.jpg

The bathroom was nice, really clean and you could change inside your stall.

IMG_1189-M.jpg

The sink designers here must be the same who design sinks for Royal Caribbean. Let's have an 18 inch sink, but, put the faucet where there is only half an inch to actually get your hands under the water.

IMG_1190-M.jpg

MSC has some real sinks, let me tell you. I'll post a pic later.

This says you wash your feet by dipping them into pies. Ewwww, I guess it's like stomping grapes?

IMG_1191-M.jpg

This says watch your step on the way to the pisser.

IMG_1192-M.jpg

This says open bar if you're a Libra, which I am. I guess everyone else had to pay for their drinks?

IMG_1194-M.jpg

The restaurant was nice, lots of space. The only time I saw it get crowded was right before we left. I think a tour group had just come back.

IMG_1193-M.jpg

The kiddie pool area that I liked. The white tent like structure is the restaurant.

IMG_1195-M.jpg

That's a hot tub in the middle. It was not hot. It was maybe lukewarm...

The resort in Jamaica had pools where you could sit in the shade, a swim up bar, etc. This one didn't although they had lots of kiddie friendly things.

IMG_1196-M.jpg

You know that meme where the couple is walking down the street and the guy turns to look at the other , better looking girl walking down the street?

That is literally happening in this photo. You can't miss the girl in the black bikini. You see the guy eating his lunch who is trying to look ANYWHERE but at the girl in the bikini and his girlfriend, who is giving bikini girl the side eye. :')

IMG_1198-M.jpg

Thanks for sharing all of the pictures of playa mia . It appears to be rather nice and clean. We also booked through the cruise line , mostly so we wouldn't be stranded in case of a delay returning to the ship . Can you tell me approximately how long you had to spend at the resort ? And did you enjoy any adult beverages at the resort and if so how were they ?

BTW thanks for translating the resort signs ! I peed myself laughing !

Wait what? I left before it ended, but, I thought I saw the next day they had won 14-1? Or, was that another good luck dream for me? :'):')

You must have been watching on Wednesday night when the Sawx won.

The good guys won on Thursday night. [emoji3]

Thanks for sharing all of the pictures of playa mia . It appears to be rather nice and clean. We also booked through the cruise line , mostly so we wouldn't be stranded in case of a delay returning to the ship . Can you tell me approximately how long you had to spend at the resort ? And did you enjoy any adult beverages at the resort and if so how were they ?

We went to Playa Mia on our 3/24 cruise with our 8 year old grandson. We also booked through MSC and I could not do it any cheaper on my own when factoring in transportation. This assumes you want the full package including unlimited beverages. We spent close to 4 1/2 hours (11-3;30). I drank Rum and cokes and my wife beer. They offered more but I'm not sure if the fancy type drinks like Pina Colada's , Margaritas, etc were made. I can report they had bars dedicated to the inclusive plan and bars dedicated just for cash sales. The cash sale bars looked like they offered any type drink you could think of. Overall a good time. Resort was clean and my grandson had a blast!

Wait what? I left before it ended, but, I thought I saw the next day they had won 14-1? Or, was that another good luck dream for me? :'):')
They did win 14 - 1 day prior. Hopefully they'll get a win tonight. What part of Boston are you from? I don't live far from Boston. I've been meaning to ask, have you attended any of the theme nights in the Haven lounge at 10:30?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We went to Playa Mia on our 3/24 cruise with our 8 year old grandson. We also booked through MSC and I could not do it any cheaper on my own when factoring in transportation. This assumes you want the full package including unlimited beverages. We spent close to 4 1/2 hours (11-3;30). I drank Rum and cokes and my wife beer. They offered more but I'm not sure if the fancy type drinks like Pina Colada's , Margaritas, etc were made. I can report they had bars dedicated to the inclusive plan and bars dedicated just for cash sales. The cash sale bars looked like they offered any type drink you could think of. Overall a good time. Resort was clean and my grandson had a blast!

Lcpagejr thank you for sharing this information . I was most worried about cleanliness and then if we had enough time to enjoy the resort . We will have an 8 and a 6 year old with us. Did your grandson have enough to keep him entertained ?

Can't we do both? :')

Creased? :confused: Mask? Oh wait, was it a demon looking mask from Puerto Rico? Again, maybe it's a good thing al my previous pictures have disappeared. I have a pic of myself in a giraffe mask on Facebook...

Creased ... You know when you have sort of have to bend yourself in half because you are laughing so much ,mmmm but maybe that expression is just a u.k one:D. Sorry that picture has disappeared Maureen,it was hilarious. Loving your photographs,nice to see some sunshine.

Maureen, when Owen is with us we go to Playa Mia. It’s great for a ten year old. We it’s just mom and dad we go to Nachi Cocum. Looks like it was a great day.

We've been to Nachi Cocom and its a lot of fun for the adults. Didn't see to many kids there last year. But this time, for our MSC cruise we are heading to Mr. Sanchos....its right next door. Does anyone know how long is the drive from where MSC docks to Mr. Sanchos ?? We're taking a taxi on our own, and need to make sure we have enough time back and forth. :D

Can you tell me approximately how long you had to spend at the resort ? And did you enjoy any adult beverages at the resort and if so how were they ?

We got there around 11, left at 3:30, that was plenty of time. As I said, with no shade, except umbrellas at the beach, I'd be burned to a crisp.

You must have been watching on Wednesday night when the Sawx won.

The good guys won on Thursday night. [emoji3]

Oh, good! The Sox won both nights! ;p;p

I drank Rum and cokes and my wife beer. They offered more but I'm not sure if the fancy type drinks like Pina Colada's , Margaritas, etc were made. s clean and my grandson had a blast!

I drank Margaritas, that's what you see me clasping on the bus. :hearteyes: They don't offer frozen drinks, at least as far as I can tell, but, the Margaritas, although served in plastic cups, did have a salt rim and a lime garnish.

They did win 14 - 1 day prior. Hopefully they'll get a win tonight. What part of Boston are you from? I don't live far from Boston. I've been meaning to ask, have you attended any of the theme nights in the Haven lounge at 10:30?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I'm from Weymouth, born and raised. I have not attended any theme nights. I'm not being much of a joiner on this cruise, I have to say. :o

Creased ... You know when you have sort of have to bend yourself in half because you are laughing so much ,mmmm but maybe that expression is just a u.k one:D. Sorry that picture has disappeared Maureen,it was hilarious. Loving your photographs,nice to see some sunshine.

Ah, I thought of that later, maybe she means doubled over in laughter. I'll look for that photo, see if I can repost it.

fan, stalker...I'm not sure which I am anymore!! Such entertainment...you realize you could pay for your cruises with a youtube account like I recently read another CC member does...!

Wait, what? :eek: My mother used to win enough playing Blackjack to pay for our cruises,,,

Maureen, when Owen is with us we go to Playa Mia. It’s great for a ten year old. We it’s just mom and dad we go to Nachi Cocum. Looks like it was a great day.

It rained the day Heather and I went to Nachi Cocum, so, I didn't get to sample the pools, water sports, etc. But, they do have the sit down lunch versus a buffet, as well.

We've been to Nachi Cocom and its a lot of fun for the adults. Didn't see to many kids there last year. But this time, for our MSC cruise we are heading to Mr. Sanchos....its right next door. Does anyone know how long is the drive from where MSC docks to Mr. Sanchos ?? We're taking a taxi on our own, and need to make sure we have enough time back and forth. :D

Tons of traffic in the morning, at least half an hour, they dock at the far away pier, sorry don't know the name. You drive for twenty minutes before you even get to the other pier, where Royal Caribbean docks. Does MSC let you book Mr Sanchos? For Mia, it was less expensive through MSC and included round trip transportation. Also , be aware, the taxis hold like 8 people. They won't leave until they fill the taxi, they want to get as many paying customers as they can. I can't recall seeing a regular small taxi, like we have in the States, although I could be mistaken.

Back at the pier, found this.

IMG_1204-M.jpg

I guess it's some kind of Mexican Owl store. ;p

Aye, aye, aye, (Mexican accent) am I in Heaven or Hell?

IMG_1207-M.jpg

Aye, (Scottish accent) she's a beauty! Who parked that rustbucket in front of her.

IMG_1211-M.jpg

When I'm trying to post with six images, it keeps timing out, so, I'm going to post with only three or four, sorry.:mad:

Iced face cloths and lemon or cucumber infused water, a nice, cool touch.IMG_1213-M.jpg

I just realized I don't have my photos from my return to the ship. I think trying to upload the slot machine counting video blocked everything that came after. Hold on, it'll take a few to upload them.

So, inexplicably, after boarding the ship, I was starving and decided to return to the Butcher's Cut. I was their first customer and got a nice window seat.

IMG_1215-M.jpg

I had a front view seat to the SS Rustbucket.

IMG_1216-M.jpg

Seriously, Rust Bucket!

IMG_1219-M.jpg

More cute bread and the wine guy told me, as long as you're eating, we'll keep pouring.

IMG_1222-M.jpg

I photographed the "chestbursters" from a better angle.

IMG_1224-M.jpg

The Pilot. Photos cannot do justice to the blue of the water, they fail every time.

IMG_1228-M.jpg

Our friends at the other pier.

IMG_1233-M.jpg

My filet was overcooked. :( Carlos noticed as soon as I cut into it and wanted to return it. I told him it was fine and ate it anyway... I didn't think to take a picture of it.:(

But, the cheesecake made up for it! It was spectacular!!

IMG_1237-M.jpg

I went to the show that night, forget the name, lots of singing and dancing, lovely.

Random photo of the back of the TV for those interested.

IMG_1238-M.jpg

I slept the sleep of the Dead that night.

In the morning, this was my view at breakfast.

IMG_1239-M.jpg

Wait, what? Did I get on the wrong ship in my stupor?

Ah, no, it was the Armonia, continuing to wreak havoc across the Caribbean.

IMG_1240-M.jpg

If I knew she was pulling in beside us, I would have worn my lifejacket to bed.

I had slept for over 12 hours, so, my breakfast expanded. My usual, plus some fruit, plus I found a new kind of chocolate croissant.

IMG_1241-M.jpg

A little look, see around the atrium. Where is everybody?

IMG_1248-M.jpg

Just kidding, I prefer when no one is around...

IMG_1253-M.jpg