Carnival's Straw Policy will only cause more norovirus outbreaks

wo5m

Everybody complains about the BIG plastic patch in the Pacific but nobody cleans it up. Is it really there?. It’s been discussed for yesrs and now a straw debate? Some people need to stop watching the news. You life will be much happier

Oh, the old "Ignorance is Bliss" argument!:cool:

Easy, hand out straws with a plastic covering. By those plastic covers will eventually end up in the ocean and killing a poor fish, but as long as our drinks are strong, WHO CARES! Whooo hooooo

It is your vacation after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No Noro on Carnival made the CDC list in 2018 or 2017. Royal can't say the same. Straws or lack of is not an issue. The crew washes their hands far more often than passengers and take it seriously.

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm

Carnival had 4 ships fail their health inspections in a matter of a few months, recently. Royal can't say the same.

Yet no noro outbreaks, Royal can't say the same.

Somebody else already said that. The implication being that Carnival is clean and Royal is not. The fact is that every cruise line has been humiliated at one time or another. None can claim to be the last bastion of perfection, which is why cheerleading and apologetics is so ridiculous.

Somebody else already said that. The implication being that Carnival is clean and Royal is not. The fact is that every cruise line has been humiliated at one time or another. None can claim to be the last bastion of perfection, which is why cheerleading and apologetics is so ridiculous.

Don't think anyone made that claim.

Why do you post here again? Are you cruising with Carnival soon?

This is true, there is plenty of blame to go around. The almighty dollar is a big temptation for all of them to cut corners. That said, it is interesting that Royal does seem to have disproportionate amount of Novo cases. Not casting blame, but it is head scratching. Our Oasis cruise, they were fanatical about everyone using hand sanitizer at all restaurant entrances.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yet no noro outbreaks, Royal can't say the same.

When you start eyeballing all of Royal's options that's not a fair comparison. Nobody is going to spread noro on a short cruise enough to be reported. There are only 18 Carnival cruises that are 12 days or longer, compared to RCCL's 125. With the slacking on sanitizer and inspection results, I bet you'd be surprised at the results if CCL ran head to head with RCCL on # of longer cruises.

The anti straw movement seems to be gathering pace and having seen the you-tube clips I have jumped on board. I prefer to drink without a straw if possible. This doesn't work for drive thru purchases so I bought a cheap pack of paper straws. I am impressed, they certainly last for at least an hour in a drink. So if a straw is important and you know the policy, why not spend the $2 for a 20 pack and take your own.

I saw McDonald's was doing the same thing as a test to see if it will make a difference on waste reduction. Can't remember what market was testing it, just that it was a McDonald's.

Also, in all the cruises I have been on, I got sick only from the one and only Carnival cruise and it was the night before disembarkation I started to feel bleh. It wasn't a stomach problem but I ended up with a minor cold. I get colds from the gym, work, the grocery store, and other places I go so it was no biggie.

One day, all the germaphobes are going to die off because they are so busy trying to keep their body from doing its job with hand sanatizers and posts like this. When something more serious strikes, they won't be able to defend themselves because of these germ obsessions.

It is FAR more important to protect the oceans from more plastic than the billions upon billions that is already there.

JMHO