Thefts onboard

antsp

I have found a lot of times it is kids....on our last cruise kids would go by and flip the Privacy Please to Clean the room....so the stewart would come in when we were taking a nap...not his fault...those darn kids:evilsmile: :evilsmile:

This is a huge problem on Disney. They also remove the "breakfast order" hang tags, so people blame room service for not delivering.

We've never had an issue on Princess, but we typically cruise "off season" so have relatively few kids on our sailings.

As to removing items from pool loungers--that's not theft. You don't keep the items, you move them to a nearby location that isn't used by passengers or turn them in at lost and found. They've obviously been misplaced when they've been sitting on a lounger for 30 minutes!

In 30+ cruises I have always put up magnet photos of my dogs. Last trip I also had car magnets that said My dog (heart) St Thomas. Seem every day something was taken after 4 th day I removed everything from my door. I know my dogs are cute but why would you want my personal photos??? - I did put up a sign that asked the photos be returned and I met a lot of nice passengers that keep asking if they had been returned. nice that so many did care! A real debate weather to put new photos up on next cruise.

Never decorated the door. Likely never will. There's enough hassle with people who will turn over the "Privacy Please" tags or mess with room service door hangers. It's nice that one can now order room service breakfast if desired by using the app and not by hanging the order on the door. Now, if only the Medallion was working, perhaps there would be no need for the "Privacy" or "Fix the Room" thing either.

It's sad there are thieves everywhere. Someone recently took my bag of clothes from a surgery center so I ended up going home in scrubs and a big hospital gown. I did get the clothing back the next day but, "somehow", my new and expensive slippers had disappeared. It seems nobody has a clue where they went. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Who the heck steals someone's slippers? How do they know I don't have skanky diseases on my feet? (I don't but...) People boggle my mind.

In 30+ cruises I have always put up magnet photos of my dogs. Last trip I also had car magnets that said My dog (heart) St Thomas. Seem every day something was taken after 4 th day I removed everything from my door. I know my dogs are cute but why would you want my personal photos??? - I did put up a sign that asked the photos be returned and I met a lot of nice passengers that keep asking if they had been returned. nice that so many did care! A real debate weather to put new photos up on next cruise.

We put a note up saying thanks for stealing our magnets, we had a nice note from our neighbouring cabin. A cruise ship is one of the friendliest places you can be, so it’s a shame when this happens. If I stuck something on my hotel door I wouldn’t expect it to last 5 minutes

Are there not security cameras in all the passageways on passenger cabin decks?

There are security cameras on most ships, but they are generally located in areas of interest to the cruise line, not those of interest to the guests. There is nothing belonging to the cruise line that can be stolen from a row of doors, so there are not security camera that are going to focus on the doors, even if there is one looking down the all. They don't even put the toiletries on the steward's carts any more--they are kept in a supply closet (or at least they were on our last cruise!)

I would quite happily move items of deck chairs if they are unattended for a long time. I would place them on a table or on the pool surround. You can’t just steal people stuff.

Sorry, I did not mean to suggest that people should steal. I intended to suggest moving it to a pile with similar objects or the lost and found. Essentially "in" reserving the chairs.

I had a cute Santa door knob hanger on our door a couple of Christmases ago. It disappeared on the second day. Two days later I saw it roll by on an elderly passengers scooter. I knew it was mine because there was a spot from a marker on it. I didn't say anything. She seemed to really be enjoying it. I still decorate my door when sailing during the holidays. I just buy everything at the dollar store.

Pretty gutsy to steal something then walk around with it. What would they have done if you actually said something to them about it? Play dumb? Be honest? I always say criminals aren't smart. So stealing something and not just hiding it in their cabin until they get home was dumb on them! But in the holiday spirit, you gave someone an unintentional gift. And how very nice of you! Kudos to you for not saying anything. Not sure I could've stayed quiet.

Are there not security cameras in all the passageways on passenger cabin decks?

Given all the "privacy freakouts" people are having about the Medallion I can only imagine how much they would freak out it Princess had cameras that could "record me going in and out of my cabin" or some other hysterical reaction.

Ooh, those little soaps and shampoos!:eek: They are worth a fortune on the black market.:cool:

You might be amazed to see what is on eBay. Just put in Princess Cruises. A Captain's Circle Gold Member Pin for $18? Or, you could "upgrade" yourself and get the Platinum version which is also listed for $18. Luggage tags for $19.99? Lots and lots of pathetic Princess stuff for sale there. Unbelievable that people would pay for this stuff.

You might be amazed to see what is on eBay. Just put in Princess Cruises. A Captain's Circle Gold Member Pin for $18? Or, you could "upgrade" yourself and get the Platinum version which is also listed for $18. Luggage tags for $19.99? Lots and lots of pathetic Princess stuff for sale there. Unbelievable that people would pay for this stuff.

Only you would go looking!;p LOL

Funny to see this post. After 27 cruises we just had someone steal our door decoration on the Ruby Princess last week. It just amazes me that people do this kind of stuff......:(:(:(:(:(:(just a reminder of the society we've become.

I walk a lot of steps each day.... and when I can’t do outside due to wind/weather conditions, I regularly walk the halls. I am NOT scouting your cabins, but I do so enjoy the door decorations:D! If I ever see someone taking them, i’d Be the first person to approach or report them!!

I walk a lot of steps each day.... and when I can’t do outside due to wind/weather conditions, I regularly walk the halls. I am NOT scouting your cabins, but I do so enjoy the door decorations:D! If I ever see someone taking them, i’d Be the first person to approach or report them!!

I especially like to walk the halls of the Royal and Regal to see the passengers' photos. As far as door decorations go, I think light fingered fellow passengers or staff is a good reason not to put them up, especially if they are expensive or have sentimental value.