Thefts onboard

antsp

This is a huge problem on Disney. They also remove the "breakfast order" hang tags' date=' so people blame room service for not delivering.

We've never had an issue on Princess, but we typically cruise "off season" so have relatively few kids on our sailings.

As to removing items from pool loungers--that's not theft. You don't keep the items, you move them to a nearby location that isn't used by passengers or turn them in at lost and found. They've obviously been misplaced when they've been sitting on a lounger for 30 minutes![/quote']

Have one better, or worse depending on how you look at it. I was at an Omni. My neighbors stole my orange juice 2days in a row with the ‘knock and leave’ service.

No need for bolts. Just use magnets that look like bolt heads. :D

(I actually have a supply of magnets I tore out of old hard drives. I'd like to see someone try to pull them off the door with their fingers. You would have to have a tool to pry the things loose.)

New item debuts in Princess Gift Shop:

Cabin Door Decorator's Essentials Kit

Includes portable drill, nuts, bolts and washers.

Because you know what they say....

unless it's bolted down....

I love it :D Can I get a kit using my OBC? Seriously my cousin’s Bruins signs were stolen from her cabin door one year.

Tony

What am I missing here?

Just wondering why people would have their memorabilia pasted to the outside of their cabin door. Paste it to the inside, problem solved and you can look at it every time you leave your cabin.

Theo

My husband always says, "if they had to steal it, they must have needed it more than me". Apparently that was the case with your elderly lady on the scooter. But I wonder if someone stole it and gave it to her? Would have been interesting to hear her comment, if you had asked her where she got it from?

I agree. All the OP had to say was "Oh what a cute Santa, I want to get one, where did you get it?" It doesn't matter how much it costs, it doesn't belong to the person who stole it. I call that being entitled to other people's property, which is wrong. Speaking for myself, I couldn't enjoy something that I stole, I got to look at the thing and remind myself that it didn't belong to me. I guess I'm a bird with different feathers.

Here I thought it was me. I had a small

Magnetic clip board, maybe 3”, affixed to the “mailbox” on the side wall — not easy to spot. It disappeared along with the pen. Then one Valentine heart disappeared; however, this one I had wrote “you stole this” on the back! I also had my coffee mug disappear from the dining room. I walked out without it and when I went back for it it was gone. It was badly stained but it did say “Princess” on it, but it was a Disney Princess not the cruise line. No matter it still was taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Given all the "privacy freakouts" people are having about the Medallion I can only imagine how much they would freak out it Princess had cameras that could "record me going in and out of my cabin" or some other hysterical reaction.

When it finally gets working, there will be a record of each time your ***** went into or out of your cabin. And with the report of ***** sensors being installed on balconies, a record of each time your ***** went out to or in from the balcony. Ditto your cabin bathroom.

Ooh, those little soaps and shampoos!:eek: They are worth a fortune on the black market.:cool:

They are available on ebay

One of the soap bars (sold from the UK) goes for $2.10 plus $7.01 shipping. It says 21 sold so far.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XPrincess+cruise+soap.TRS0&_nkw=Princess+cruise+soap&_sacat=0

Shampoo also available

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Princess+cruise+soap&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XPrincess+cruise+shampoo.TRS0&_nkw=Princess+cruise+shampoo&_sacat=0

What am I missing here?

Just wondering why people would have their memorabilia pasted to the outside of their cabin door. Paste it to the inside, problem solved and you can look at it every time you leave your cabin.

Theo

You are missing the tradition of decorating your door on a cruise. Lots of traditions on cruises.

When I noticed the title of this thread, I was concerned that it would be addressing theft of valuable articles such as jewelry, cameras,cash etc.

My concern lessened when I read the posts about removal of door decorations.

Hoping the theft activity does not escalate from inexpensive and replaceable decorations to more valuable articles.

Have you seen my iPencil? This is the second one that’s disappeared OUT of my carry-on while still on the ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What am I missing here?

Theo

Great idea then the rest of us don't have the distraction of seeing other cruisers tat on the way to dinner.

Given all the "privacy freakouts" people are having about the Medallion I can only imagine how much they would freak out it Princess had cameras that could "record me going in and out of my cabin" or some other hysterical reaction.

They can pull up when you used your key for your door.

I agree. All the OP had to say was "Oh what a cute Santa, I want to get one, where did you get it?" It doesn't matter how much it costs, it doesn't belong to the person who stole it. I call that being entitled to other people's property, which is wrong. Speaking for myself, I couldn't enjoy something that I stole, I got to look at the thing and remind myself that it didn't belong to me. I guess I'm a bird with different feathers.

I'm with you! And my husband gets a dirty look from me, every time he makes that comment, "I guess they needed it more than me". I like your style of question. I take the same approach when someone is sitting in my seat at an assigned venue. Instead of bothering an attendant, I simply say, "Thank you for warming my seat for me". Normally gets a chuckle and I've only had one person ever say anything negative back to me. They thought that they were in the right seat and even when I told them that they were sitting in my season ticket holder seat, they still called over an attendant. Needless to say, the attendant had them move from MY seat! They were not happy, as my seat location was much, much better than theirs.

I had my Princess luggage strap (the ones they used to award as trivia prizes) taken from my bag on the last night. I still have Princess luggage tags and straps from that era of trivia prizes--I use them whenever I am NOT on a Princess ship!

Door deco--I don't put anything that I particularly like on my door. I do have a really ugly round magnet from my last government job that I put on my door. I put it there to find my way to my room and also for leaving notes under. NO ONE wants it! It is always with me!

When it finally gets working, there will be a record of each time your ***** went into or out of your cabin. And with the report of ***** sensors being installed on balconies, a record of each time your ***** went out to or in from the balcony. Ditto your cabin bathroom.

I sincerely doubt there is a differentiation between "in the cabin somewhere" and "in the bathroom" or "on the balcony". I have no problem with the steward knowing I'm in my cabin. I'd rather the steward didn't come in when I didn't answer the knock on the door because I'm in the shower, on the toilet, or out on the balcony.

On the flip side of this, it should help prevent people from going over undetected if they keep the ***** on them.

I sincerely doubt there is a differentiation between "in the cabin somewhere" and "in the bathroom" or "on the balcony". I have no problem with the steward knowing I'm in my cabin. I'd rather the steward didn't come in when I didn't answer the knock on the door because I'm in the shower, on the toilet, or out on the balcony.

(y)Happened to me!! I was standing in the little hallway 1/2 dressed (at least I wan't bare*ss) and heard a "tap, tap" on the door. Before I could move or shout, the door opened and in walked the steward. OOPs!!:eek:

The adults are as bad as the kids when it comes to disrespect of other's property. It starts with their not having values and then it's learned by the offspring.

Very true!

Those raised with morals and values that there is right and wrong....and that stealing and lying are wrong....will pass those along to the next generation by word and example.

And, sadly, the opposite is true.