2018-2019 Cruise Director and Entertainment Director Schedule

Our CD is Mat Seguin. This may be a newbie question but does the CD make all much difference? I have only taken one cruise where I would have known who the CD was, on Disney, and I had no clue.

I had him in April. I thought he wa fantastic and very funny and entertaining. And kept it proper when an older gentleman was flashing EVERYTHING during the lip sync event at sail away on the lido deck! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had Brittany as our CD back in January. Truly hate to see that she's not going to be there next week. 😔 We are platinum and she has been the BEST CD that we've had in many years. She's personable, friendly, hangs out with the passengers, gets everyone engaged:hearteyes::hearteyes:. We love her. Definitely will check the schedule before booking next cruise. Just hope Gary can be half as good as she was!

I can't remember the guy's name for our first cruise a couple years ago aboard Conquest, but he was older and retiring that year. He was funny, but wasn't a very lively fellow (sometimes that happens when you reach retirement age :p). We were on the Glory a few weeks ago and Dustin was definitely more energetic. The only thing, though, was at times it kind of felt like him and/or his Fun Squad couldn't wait to get away from everyone when they hosted activities/parties sometimes. His, "This is Dustin coming at you from the ceiling..." intro for PA announcements was funny the first time or two, but it got old considering he used it for every single announcement. Overall, we're not too concerned with CD's. We had a great time aboard the Conquest, even with a CD who, in hindsight, wasn't really the life of the party. We'll come across good ones, maybe some great ones, and probably ones we don't care for, so we'll just go with the flow.

• 1 month later...

Frankie is the cruise director for Miracle. He’s fun, and I saw him every single day!! He was there as soon as we docked, and usually around the shopping areas when it was near final boarding. He kept us updated on all the fun stuff happening on the cruise, and even the really lame stuff like Q&A’s. I don’t want to spoil his gig at LIPSYNC Battle, but it’s a must see! He has a special tagline that I can’t get out of my head, but I don’t want to spoil that either. I think we were all really lucky to get Frankie as a cruise director on Miracle.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a four day'er to Ensenada on the Inspiration. Second time for this cruise, and I enjoyed it even more than the first. We had a brand new CD, with my cruise being his first week after being promoted from "The Fun Squad" You would never, never know that he wasn't a "Veteran" CD!! CONNOR is AWESOME!! I can't say enough good things about him, but here's the short list; He engages with all the passengers, old and young. Super high energy. His enthusiasm was so contagious. When making announcements over the PA system, he spoke clear and concise which was very much appreciated! In my travel group of 4, I can say we all just loved him, and he made our cruise very special and FUN! I predict CONNOR will go a long way with Carnival.

Lee Mason is a rockstar! We had an incredible time on the Sunshine. He was probably the best we ever had!

Have to second this. We had him on the Miracle last November. He was such a nice man. Knew my name from the first night due to my error of calling out an answer out loud. He didn't let me forget it.

Candi

He is Literally the first cruise director we ever had that made us realize that we had a cruise director! we've been on 10 cruises and we just had him last year!! He was FANTASTIC!!! You will LOVE him!!!

Same here! He was SOOOO awesome! Ever since we sailed with him last March, I make it a point to see who our CD is and compare them to him ;p

We have MarQ for our upcoming cruise!

Just got off the Elation, with MarQ as our CD. Omg, he was so much fun! He was always visible, out and about, interacting with passengers, he seemed to remember everybody’s name, and his glasses and theme outfits! Omg so much fun. He wasn’t one of those who was constantly making announcements and when he did make them, they were short and to the point, and he always ended announcements with his tag line “ciao ciao, but only for now”.

https://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CCL-ED.CD-Schedule-5.03.18.pdf

I'm no computer expert, but the above address should take you to his post with the EDs and CDs for all ships, as of 5/3/18. Only change may be some of the TBA have been filled since. Just copy and paste in the address line. Sorry if it doesn't work. I tried to attach but it is too big a file to do that.:confused::confused::confused:

The address turned into a hyperlink, so just click on it and it will take you right to the list

Edited by comiso13
updating

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Bill1154 said:

Rude much?

Your comment is very passive aggressive and much ruder than my original remark.  I'm trying to understand what compelled you to reply to a post that's over 6 months old.  You feeling really bored today or what?  You have a great day, keep smiling. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 2:52 PM, Teekkanie said:

In all my past cruses I never really gave the CD much thought. Until my Panama Canal cruise on the Splendor which we had MarQ. Oh my gosh, he was fantastic (never had a lap dance by a CD before). We are sailing again on Splendor in Oct to Hawaii and he is not our CD. Dose anyone know where he went?

I hope this new CD is just as good as MarQ was!

I know this is old,  but we just got off the Magic with MarQ being the CD. He'll be on the Magic until March-ish, or so he says. This being my first cruise I have nothing to compare it to,  but I will dau I believe he set the bar high for fun.  I don't know where he stores his energy,  my kids couldn't keep up.  The kids and adults alike loved him.  Made the kids day when he sent cookies,  chocolate covered strawberries,  and Carnival Santa hats to the cabin just as he had promised when they ran out at a show. We will be looking for him on our future sailings.

On 5/3/2018 at 7:26 PM, MommyAJ6 said:

I hate to have to ask, but having never cruised, I have no idea why this matters. What's the difference?

Besides hosting activities the CD often makes announcements numerous time a day.  It's really a matter of personal preference I suppose who one considers "good".  For example there are many who love-love-love "Donkey Salazar" but for us if he said "this is the voice from above" one more time I was gonna rip the speaker out of the ceiling :classic_blink:😵