Any one know what the daily charge per person is for the deluxe drink package?

Drink packages

Royal uses Dynamic Pricing. There is no fixed price, it varies cruise to cruise, day to day.

Your Cruise Planner on Royal's website will show you your price for your sailing.

Edited by Host Clarea

Royal uses Dyanamic Pricing. There is no fixed price, it varies cruise to cruise, day to day.

...and varies by promotion...the deeper the discount the higher the regular price :rolleyes:.

The service charge is 18% of whatever you pay. I just bought the drink package for my July cruise to Cuba because it was allegedly BOGO 50% off (they subtracted 25% from each package), so that would make the full price for each one $62.66 per person per day. I paid $47pppd, then they added 18% to it for the service charge. $62.66 is a strange price, but that's what the math says.

Is there a price break for purchasing ahead of time or will we find the same price on the ship?

There may be lower prices pre-cruise, you have to check the Cruise Planner periodically.

Is there a price break for purchasing ahead of time or will we find the same price on the ship?

It's usually cheaper at some point before the cruise. Just buy it when there is an offer. If a better offer comes along, you just cancel the old one, and buy a new one at the lower price.

I'd never cut it as an alcoholic as it still amazes me that people can drink $60 in alcohol a day EVERY day for 7 days! ;p

...unless they are college kids on spring break..LOL

They don't necessarily.

Often the refreshment package is sold for $18. And the alcohol package for $42. The difference is $24. That's between two and three cocktails.

The refreshment package includes speciality coffee, fresh juice for breakfast, virgin cocktails - frozen and regular, soda, bottled water, and anything else you can imagine - if it's just non-alcoholic.

See it that way, and it gets easier to get value for your money.

I'd never cut it as an alcoholic as it still amazes me that people can drink $60 in alcohol a day EVERY day for 7 days! ;p

$60 will cover about 7-8 beers...easily doable, even for a "lightweight" like myself! On hot day, a cold beer is refreshing...and if you space them right, you can hit your "buzz" zone and maintain it for hours and hours!'

Mind you..that's based on SHIP'S pricing...at home, no way could I drink $60 of anything in a day!

In addition, the daily charge is posted on port days when you might be off the ship for the entire time the ship is at anchor.....

The service charge is 18% of whatever you pay. I just bought the drink package for my July cruise to Cuba because it was allegedly BOGO 50% off (they subtracted 25% from each package), so that would make the full price for each one $62.66 per person per day. I paid $47pppd, then they added 18% to it for the service charge. $62.66 is a strange price, but that's what the math says.

I don't now how they came up with that number but if you paid $47pppd they chargeed you more than 18% for gratuity.

Total with 18% gratuity if you paid $47pppd would be $55.46

Bill

I start out the day with a fresh squeezed orange juice or two for breakfast, maybe a bloody mary and a latte after. Then a couple of bottles of water to take into port. We also pick them up throughout the trip to have some in the cabin. Then we get back on the ship and head right to the pool and have a drink in hand quickly.... a few before dinner, and probably wine at dinner. Maybe a nice scotch or bourbon. Its pretty easy to use up some of the $$$$ if you know whats included and make a point to take advantage of the variety. I never drink free drinks (water, tea, lemonade), because I can get something else.

I could live without the package, buy a few here and there. But its become part of vacation where we can get what we want, when we want, and we don't have to worry about cost, etc. We don't have to worry about out SeaPass balance getting out of hand from any drinks.

The value of a package is a choice each has to make on their own. But don't forget the non-traditional, non-alcoholic drinks that are included.

They don't necessarily.

Often the refreshment package is sold for $18. And the alcohol package for $42. The difference is $24. That's between two and three cocktails.

The refreshment package includes speciality coffee, fresh juice for breakfast, virgin cocktails - frozen and regular, soda, bottled water, and anything else you can imagine - if it's just non-alcoholic.

See it that way, and it gets easier to get value for your money.

Good point. I didn't even think about deducting the price of the soda package from the total cost as we typically only get that package for our teenager but now that you point it out, I think it's probably even more difficult to drink $18 in soda a day as that's like drinking FIVE 2-liters of soda each day. LOL :o

On past trips I typically only have an alcoholic drink with each evening meal (crown & Sprite) and then maybe one at the pool deck on sea days (only one of those on this particular cruise). My wife is actually allergic to alcohol (sneezes constantly after only an ounce & the type doesn't matter so no wine, beer, nothing! LOL) so alcohol drink packages

Good point. I didn't even think about deducting the price of the soda package from the total cost as we typically only get that package for our teenager but now that you point it out, I think it's probably even more difficult to drink $18 in soda a day as that's like drinking FIVE 2-liters of soda each day. LOL :o

On past trips I typically only have an alcoholic drink with each evening meal (crown & Sprite) and then maybe one at the pool deck on sea days (only one of those on this particular cruise). My wife is actually allergic to alcohol (sneezes constantly after only an ounce & the type doesn't matter so no wine, beer, nothing! LOL) so alcohol drink packages

The price I gave for the non-alcoholic package was for the Refreshment Package. It includes much more than just soda. Fancy frozen drinks, fresh orange juice, speciality coffees, etc.

The soda package is only $8.5 - from there up to the alcohol package there is quite a bit :)

ETA: I think you can buy an alcohol package for you (and your teenager?) and a refreshment package for your wife.

The price I gave for the non-alcoholic package was for the Refreshment Package. It includes much more than just soda. Fancy frozen drinks, fresh orange juice, speciality coffees, etc.

The soda package is only $8.5 - from there up to the alcohol package there is quite a bit :)

ETA: I think you can buy an alcohol package for you (and your teenager?) and a refreshment package for your wife.

I thought if one adult bought the alcohol package that the other adult had to buy one also?

I thought if one adult bought the alcohol package that the other adult had to buy one also?

Many have reported that they have been able to get by with only one deluxe by calling RCI. The other over 21 person would be required to get the refreshment package instead.

Totally agree. I could do it once or twice, but not every day for an entire week.