Coral Princess

jr8934

Another Coral fan here. We were on the Coral for an Alaska cruise and loved her so much that we booked a partial Panama Canal cruise in the same balcony cabin. The fore and aft observation spots and the wrap around promanade deck are perfect for these viewing intensive cruises. Would love to sail on her again.

The Coral is our favorite ship in the fleet that we have sailed on to date. We have sailed twice on the 10 day through the Panama Canal and once on the Southbound Alaska. The ship is the perfect size for us, with that large wrap around promenade deck, which we used every morning on the PC cruise. Even with the cold weather in Alaska, and everyone was indoors, it never felt crowded like some of the other warm weather ships, when the weather turns bad. We also wish they would build more like her and had not butchered the Island like they did.

My DH and I are sailing on the Coral in July. I check Cruise Critic daily but rarely find a thread concerning the Coral. Can someone explain to me why this ship is overlooked?

I sailed on the Coral 2 weeks ago and posted some thoughts

loved the ship and the crew

Was on the Coral in January (Panama Canal). One thing we loved was the Sanctuary. The Coral has a small pool in the Sanctuary which most ships do not. Booked it for every sea day (afternoons) and the day of the canal crossing. I highly recommend.

We were on the Coral last month for a full transit Panama Canal cruise and had the best time. This was our second time doing this cruise and our third time on the Coral. Except for some obvious and normal wear and tear, she was great. The crew was the happiest I've seen on a ship in a long time too. The new bed was wonderful.

We sailed on Coral last spring and loved it. It was super easy to get around, never once had to stop and about direction.

New bedding and very comfortable.

We thought the food in the dining room was the best we’ve had in years.

Absolutely great ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Coral after a full transit of the Canal, and you can definitely tell it's older but I thoroughly enjoyed the ship. It is put together very well and never felt cramped except when going to dinner when the jewelry store put their chains and such out for sale in a very narrow walkway but I understand why. Overall it was a pleasure to sail on the Coral and the staff was fantastic!

I think you will be happy with the Coral. Our first Princess cruise was on the Coral in Alaska. Perfect ship for that trip. Earlier this year we were on her again for a full transit through the Panama Canal from Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles. Great ship.

We sailed Coral and love it and then our very next cruise was on Island. Nope, nope, nope. Didn't care for it at all.

Not likely. Coral and Island were built to fit through the old locks in the Panama Canal. Princess is now all about more passengers and more venues with an upcharge.

Love, love, love the Island.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Island through the canal before its drydock where they added the cabins. We really liked that size of ship but we did miss the IC. We're on the Coral to SA/Antarctica in 2020 and we're really looking forward to it. I think we'll enjoy the Coral since it is like the Island was, but with an IC.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone stayed in Cabins D624, 626 or 628 on Dolphin deck on Coral. It looks like these might have partially covered balconies. (Used my magnifying glass to check it;p) Coral's layout is a real mix.

Thanks

Lots of wonderful posts about the Coral on here. I've been researching her for 2 years since we decided to book her for our Alaska cruise next week (!)

We sailed on the Coral for our Alaska cruise last May. Absolutely fabulous cruise and ship. Enjoy

Has anyone stayed in Cabins D624, 626 or 628 on Dolphin deck on Coral. It looks like these might have partially covered balconies. (Used my magnifying glass to check it;p) Coral's layout is a real mix.

Thanks

Look here.....

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Thanks. That's what I was looking at. I've used that site for years. It's one of the best for cabin info. Just found one of his pics on CC that someone enlarged and looks like these cabins are fully covered. Thanks again.

Anytime! :)

The deck plans on the site will tell you what is covered/uncovered/partially covered.