Received a call from Princess CSR about Crooners on the Sky

cruiseintoheaven

I might be repeating myself, sorry, but we see Crooners as more than a bar. It is a Hub, we get to know the servers there and after a few days will recognize other pax, smile and say hello. It feels part of the Atrium and connected to everything else. Just off Crown - went to Adagio, great bar but we were the only people there !

On our one Celebrity cruise, which we enjoyed, there was a sprinkling of bars but none of them felt 'central' the way Crooners does.

We feel exactly the same about Crooners...it's our go to bar when we get back on after a port visit.

Alsop concerned about the cabins being added around the Retreat Pool.

Below photo shows the Retreat Pool area on the Regal.

1401355168001-2014RegalPrincess-248.JPG

THANK YOU! It's the first time I've ever seen steps with a handrail going down into the pool that ACTUALLY look shallow enough that I could manage clutching the rail.

I'm having some computer access problems at home so must try the library tomorrow to check the Majestic Princess which is sailing in Australia. I hope the same option is available.

Your posts are always very helpful. Thank you for generously sharing your knowledge with others.

Change to enhance the customer experience may be good.

Change to make Princess more like the competition makes Princess a commodity cruise line with little to distinguish it from the competition.

I read an article today about "resort charges" at hotels that are not at all a resort. One part said after one hotel instituted a resort charge in a city, a nearby hotel added a resort charge "to remain competitive. Nonsense. To be competitive would be to not add a resort charge.

Maybe it is the Princess customer who is changing more then Princess....we like the Royal class ships and could care less about a bar.....also....we do a wide variety of different type of traveling then many of the long time Princess passengers we meet on cruises who seem to like to plant themselves on the ship and that's it as far as their traveling experiences.......Princess is going to go with what the market dictates and obviously their market data is telling them something different then what people are thinking or wishing for....:cool:

Maybe it is the Princess customer who is changing more then Princess....we like the Royal class ships and could care less about a bar.....also....we do a wide variety of different type of traveling then many of the long time Princess passengers we meet on cruises who seem to like to plant themselves on the ship and that's it as far as their traveling experiences.......Princess is going to go with what the market dictates and obviously their market data is telling them something different then what people are thinking or wishing for....:cool:

Seems like you are most definitely of the minority opinion on this thread. Just because posters, sans you, are unhappy with this decision, doesn’t mean we are totally turning away from Princess.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bob

I think market data is not at work in some of these decisions - see the empty tables at Share and (as far as I know) no plans to have it on future builds as an example. I predict the same for the French Bistro if that’s what winds up in Crooners rightful place, where I very much enjoy planting myself! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it is the Princess customer who is changing more then Princess....we like the Royal class ships and could care less about a bar....

To us it is not about having one less bar, it is not having the piano entertainer who is usually very popular on most of the cruises. Often there is standing room only for his/her playing.

Of course, not having to hire a piano entertainer and provide room/board is a cost savings for Princess.

To us it is not about having one less bar, it is not having the piano entertainer who is usually very popular on most of the cruises. Often there is standing room only for his/her playing.

Of course, not having to hire a piano entertainer and provide room/board is a cost savings for Princess.

Same for us-- it's the piano entertainer we care about, not the bar (although the bar did seem to get a lot of business). Indeed, on our last cruise (on the Royal) there was no seating to be found in Crooners most nights and we sat as close as we could, in the atrium area. This has been a very popular venue on every one of our Princess cruises.

Today I received a canned email reply to the email I sent last week ("your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate department")-- no reference at all to the specific points I made in my email. Hard to muster much enthusiasm from that.

This is exactly what we love about Crooners.

How right you are about Princess saving money.

Just one more cut to the night time activities that Princess will offer.

I sent Princess an email about this earlier today. I explained that we spend time in Crooners almost every evening and that it's an important part of our cruise experience (we particularly enjoy the Broadway show tunes that are often performed). I also pointed out how popular the venue is-- most evenings we've found it packed and difficult to find seating. Even if Princess perceives that it might be good business for them to offer another up-charge restaurant (and I certainly understand their interest in doing so), it's incomprehensible that they would do so at the expense of one of the most popular evening venues on the ship.

For us, it's a deal breaker-- if a ship does not have a Crooners-like venue, we won't sail on it. If they continue to build ships without a Crooners, we'll have fewer and fewer Princess ships to choose from and we'll move to another line.

I hope that Princess gets the message and takes appropriate action. Although I'll be disappointed, I can understand that it might in fact be too late to alter the Sky... but if future builds are Crooners-less that would be very unfortunate and we'll start looking at other cruise lines.

I agree 100 %. We will NEVER sail on a Princess ship that does not have a crooners...

Again, cruiseintoheaven....

There are probably long term contractual agreements with SHARE.

This probably has absolutely nothing to do with any existing market data... which was unavailable when the idea was initiated.

Princess made a questionable decision, put a lot of money into renovating and creating SHARE...

Now that they have the numbers, I would bet good money that these two SHARE venues disappear on the very earliest possible date.

They def. did not put SHARE on any further ships!!!

Again, cruiseintoheaven....

There are probably long term contractual agreements with SHARE.

This probably has absolutely nothing to do with any existing market data... which was unavailable when the idea was initiated.

Princess made a questionable decision, put a lot of money into renovating and creating SHARE...

Now that they have the numbers, I would bet good money that these two SHARE venues disappear on the very earliest possible date.

They def. did not put SHARE on any further ships!!!

Understand - and it may be the French Bistro is so far down the pipe that there’s no turning back, at least for the Sky. But, unless someone has that as fact, then it certainly can’t hurt to “vote” so to speak. I said in my original post that who knows whether doing so will have any affect. It may be that cruisers will have to vote with their wallets after the fact:(

I agree 100 %. We will NEVER sail on a Princess ship that does not have a crooners...

Unfortunately, as long as they basically fill up their ships - they do not care whether you as an individual sail on them or not. The basically do not care about you at all.

DON