Received a call from Princess CSR about Crooners on the Sky

cruiseintoheaven

Hmmm, I may be able to talk Rob into a Sky, February, 2020 cruise! Since we go away for Christmas every year he is sometimes reluctant to vacation In the Spring but it’s the best time for the Caribbean! I just booked Christmas 2019 [emoji4]

I’ve always wanted to do ABC islands! I hope you and Tom have a great time!!

We’ve talked about Europe but I suspect that won’t happen until he retires.

Happy planning!! I’m ready for vacation now and don’t have anything planned until November either! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jenny, this will be our first time to the ABC islands so we are psyched. Definitely check out the February 15, 2020 Western Caribbean sailing on the Sky, where I’m reallllllly hoping to enjoy Crooners! 😊

Alsop concerned about the cabins being added around the Retreat Pool.

Below photo shows the Retreat Pool area on the Regal.

1401355168001-2014RegalPrincess-248.JPG

boards.cruisecritic.com

boards.cruisecritic.com

Now imagine what it will look like on Sky. White areas port and starboard of the pool are cabins.

YP_17_bg_0.png

Edited by caribill

as previously posted - I got the standard reply email... but also got a call from Princess within an hour...impressed...:halo:

and this , at least as she replied, is getting a lot of attention ...

Jenny, this will be our first time to the ABC islands so we are psyched. Definitely check out the February 15, 2020 Western Caribbean sailing on the Sky, where I’m reallllllly hoping to enjoy Crooners! [emoji4]

Will do!! And hope to hear about how you enjoy the ABC islands!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess customer relations also replied to my E-mail about no Crooners on the Sky Princess. Said they would forward my remarks to the proper department. Hopefully Princess will get the message and Crooners will be back in their plans for the Sky. Keep sending those E-mails!

Princess customer relations also replied to my E-mail about no Crooners on the Sky Princess. Said they would forward my remarks to the proper department. Hopefully Princess will get the message and Crooners will be back in their plans for the Sky. Keep sending those E-mails!

I sure hope so. What boggles my mind is, to me at least, the alcohol sold at Crooners would seem to me to generate so much more revenue than Le Mer. Especially when, as some have noted, there is hardly anyone dining there.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

I sure hope so. What boggles my mind is, to me at least, the alcohol sold at Crooners would seem to me to generate so much more revenue than Le Mer. Especially when, as some have noted, there is hardly anyone dining there.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

I agree - it is mind-boggling and would seem to fly in the face of the “follow the money” concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob

Exactly. Same thing that I have observed with half of the Wheelhouse bar being used for the Salty Dog Gastro Pub aboard the Emerald Princess.

Exactly. Same thing that I have observed with half of the Wheelhouse bar being used for the Salty Dog Gastro Pub aboard the Emerald Princess.

Or the reports of a nearly empty Share...lots of recent “swings & a miss” situations. [emoji33]

Alfredo’s Pizzeria has been popular with passengers but doesn’t generate much income selling drinks. Although when I’ve gone they seem to be selling more alcoholic drinks than at other included dining venues.

That will be good news if they listen to majority current passengers!!!!

I had sent emails to the two links in the threads about the exorbitant price increase for the bottled waters.

It seems that there was good replies from those customer service addresses.

Just too bad for us on our last cruise, there was that just awful and annoying 'Rodney Dangerfield' type guy at Crooners the entire time.... UGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Please get rid of this guy... We literally avoided walking by whenever possible. Passers-by were especially the brunt of his obnoxious 'antics'. : (

I sent Princess an email about this earlier today. I explained that we spend time in Crooners almost every evening and that it's an important part of our cruise experience (we particularly enjoy the Broadway show tunes that are often performed). I also pointed out how popular the venue is-- most evenings we've found it packed and difficult to find seating. Even if Princess perceives that it might be good business for them to offer another up-charge restaurant (and I certainly understand their interest in doing so), it's incomprehensible that they would do so at the expense of one of the most popular evening venues on the ship.

For us, it's a deal breaker-- if a ship does not have a Crooners-like venue, we won't sail on it. If they continue to build ships without a Crooners, we'll have fewer and fewer Princess ships to choose from and we'll move to another line.

I hope that Princess gets the message and takes appropriate action. Although I'll be disappointed, I can understand that it might in fact be too late to alter the Sky... but if future builds are Crooners-less that would be very unfortunate and we'll start looking at other cruise lines.

The additional cabin, which would turn the nice Retreat Pool area into an enclosed tomb... also concerns me greatly! Don't even most pools with the retractable covers all still have some view out to the sea on the sides, and plenty of seating area? Basically no nice adult only areas available onboard.

This would be the deal-breaker for me, even more than Crooners,

This, too, is another "WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!!!!"

Are there reports that they are bringing back better Pizza????

And, about Salty Dog and (ugggghhhhh!!!) SHARE.

It has been mentioned that they put quite a bit of money into these new iterations... and there are probably iron clad contracts with these dining organizations. I am wondering if Princess already has plans and is counting the days until these venues can be ditched.

While we loved Adagio on the Ruby, I agree, maybe because of the location and the lack of interest generating music or activities to draw more people in at some times... unfortunately, underutilized by many of the other passengers.

Let me see, I'll do some easy math estimate here regarding Crooners Happy Hour vs Le Mer.

Happy Hour if each person spent $50 for the 1 hour and there was 100 people that would be $50x100= $5000 in one hour.

Le Mer cost $35 pp, to obtain the same amount as Happy Hour, Le Mer would have to serve, $5000 divided by $35 = 142 people in one hour. Next question is how many people Le Mer can seat and be done in one hour? Maybe this is too simple but IMO cutting out Happy Hour is a loser for the company.

Let me see, I'll do some easy math estimate here regarding Crooners Happy Hour vs Le Mer.

Happy Hour if each person spent $50 for the 1 hour and there was 100 people that would be $50x100= $5000 in one hour.

Le Mer cost $35 pp, to obtain the same amount as Happy Hour, Le Mer would have to serve, $5000 divided by $35 = 142 people in one hour. Next question is how many people Le Mer can seat and be done in one hour? Maybe this is too simple but IMO cutting out Happy Hour is a loser for the company.

Yup, and I only took one class in accounting in college.....:D:D:D

Bob

You do not need a Crooners to have Happy Hour. Although Princess has now eliminated Happy Hour (BOGO for $1), most ships did have Happy Hour elsewhere, for example Wheelhouse or Club Fusion.

What is lost is the beverage sales in the evening when passengers would come to Crooners for the music and often order drinks while there.

I sent Princess an email about this earlier today. I explained that we spend time in Crooners almost every evening and that it's an important part of our cruise experience (we particularly enjoy the Broadway show tunes that are often performed). I also pointed out how popular the venue is-- most evenings we've found it packed and difficult to find seating. Even if Princess perceives that it might be good business for them to offer another up-charge restaurant (and I certainly understand their interest in doing so), it's incomprehensible that they would do so at the expense of one of the most popular evening venues on the ship.

For us, it's a deal breaker-- if a ship does not have a Crooners-like venue, we won't sail on it. If they continue to build ships without a Crooners, we'll have fewer and fewer Princess ships to choose from and we'll move to another line.

I hope that Princess gets the message and takes appropriate action. Although I'll be disappointed, I can understand that it might in fact be too late to alter the Sky... but if future builds are Crooners-less that would be very unfortunate and we'll start looking at other cruise lines.

My DH & I feel the same way. What really makes me mad is, we have been cruising Princess since 1998. Have always loved Princess. Now that we have reached the elite status they are changing everything we like so much about the cruise line. I know life is all about change so we will have to change. We need to start looking at other cruise lines. We have cruised others HAL, Carnival (never again) and Royal (not for us). Hal is ok but we have always liked Princess better. Maybe it's time to give other cruise lines a look thinking Oceania or Azamara????

My DH & I feel the same way. What really makes me mad is, we have been cruising Princess since 1998. Have always loved Princess. Now that we have reached the elite status they are changing everything we like so much about the cruise line. I know life is all about change so we will have to change. We need to start looking at other cruise lines. We have cruised others HAL, Carnival (never again) and Royal (not for us). Hal is ok but we have always liked Princess better. Maybe it's time to give other cruise lines a look thinking Oceania or Azamara????

Our thoughts are similar. From direct experience we know that RCL and NCL are not for us. HAL was not bad, but over the years we concluded that Princess was best for us. Now that is becoming less clear. If we get to the point of taking our business elsewhere we'll certainly give Celebrity a good look (we have friends who are very enthusiastic about Celebrity) and as you point out, Azamara and a few others might be worth considering.

But I'm still hopeful that Princess will wise up about this and respond to the feedback they've been getting. Earlier in this thread some folks indicated that Princess says they are listening... we'll have to see what they actually do.

My DH & I feel the same way. What really makes me mad is, we have been cruising Princess since 1998. Have always loved Princess. Now that we have reached the elite status they are changing everything we like so much about the cruise line. I know life is all about change so we will have to change.

Change to enhance the customer experience may be good.

Change to make Princess more like the competition makes Princess a commodity cruise line with little to distinguish it from the competition.

I read an article today about "resort charges" at hotels that are not at all a resort. One part said after one hotel instituted a resort charge in a city, a nearby hotel added a resort charge "to remain competitive. Nonsense. To be competitive would be to not add a resort charge.