Carnival Triumph to be “Sunshined”

djcass4199

and

People are dissatisfied with the Sunshine

Just like every other ship, look at the posts here which is more prevalent. For the record, she has the 2nd highest cruiser ranking of Carnival ships....

Why a name change, Because Carnival can call it a new ship, of course...

Ha! True. But otherwise, Triumph does still have a bit of a reputation here in NOLA from their little incident 5 years ago. I've heard it called the "sh.t ship" more than once by locals. Thing is, the locals still seem to love cruising on her. I'll never get this town. ;):D

Won't stop the complaining...especially from those that have not even sailed on the ship!!

We live in a small town and one of the reasons we enjoy cruising is the entertainment.

Carnival has gone from large venues for production shows and comedy club where we do not have to get there an hour before to get good seats to much smaller ones that are pitiful small for the number of people on the ship.

Since numerous people on these boards have told us this why do we have to go on the Vista to find out for ourselves? As a result our next Carnival cruise will be on the Conquest which is more to our liking.

Very true. Just rather misleading when so many people board the Sunshine thinking it is a brand new ship.

For all intents and purposes, Sunshine was brand new. There was nothing recognizable from the old Destiny, save some historic artifacts that they purposefully saved. Why does the age of the keel matter? And remember that many ships get new names, especially if they change ownership.

Very true. Just rather misleading when so many people board the Sunshine thinking it is a brand new ship.

For all intents and purposes, Sunshine was brand new. There was almost nothing recognizable from the old Destiny, save some historic artifacts that they purposefully saved. The only thing I recalled was the copper wall covering in the stairwells. Why does the age of the keel matter? And remember that many ships get new names, especially if they change ownership.

If I recall correctly, trademarks for “Carnival Splash” and “Carnival Sunrise” were secured around the same time that “Carnival Sunshine” was secured. Wonder if there was any truth to that and if those could potentially be the name of the Triumph if indeed she goes through this process.

Also, I wonder if they’ll attempt to mislead the public with a “NEW!!” banner on the website once the ship is refurbished, like they did with Sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Triumph in January when Juwanna Brooks was lost overboard.

I really hope they do not rename Triumph Splash.

:(

And I thought that people did not like the reduced amount of public space on Destiny-Sunshine. Wasn't the theater made drastically smaller? And some of the other public areas too?

I have been avoiding Destiny-Sunshine, but I really like Triumph. Triumph really needs to refinished inside the cabins.

For all intents and purposes, Sunshine was brand new. There was almost nothing recognizable from the old Destiny, save some historic artifacts that they purposefully saved. The only thing I recalled was the copper wall covering in the stairwells. Why does the age of the keel matter? And remember that many ships get new names, especially if they change ownership.

Sorry but if a ship is not brand new it should not be marketed as brand new

Since you asked . . .

For one, I care. It's deception.

But it is good to know that you don't care. Thanks for sharing.

I don’t care what a ship is called as long as I enjoy being on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And I thought that people did not like the reduced amount of public space on Destiny-Sunshine. Wasn't the theater made drastically smaller? And some of the other public areas too?

I have been avoiding Destiny-Sunshine, but I really like Triumph. Triumph really needs to refinished inside the cabins.

We were on Sunshine in September, and Horizon last week. By far, the crowded common area issues prevailed on the Horizon; there were simply too many pax.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

For as much as they could conceive it was. Said it before' date=' the Sunshine far exceeded our expectations and the cruiser reviews pretty much agree. Just like every ship on the seas, there are drawbacks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ha! True. But otherwise, Triumph does still have a bit of a reputation here in NOLA from their little incident 5 years ago. I've heard it called the "sh.t ship" more than once by locals. Thing is, the locals still seem to love cruising on her. I'll never get this town. ;):D

It is a unique town from many aspects.

For as much as they could conceive it was. Said it before, the Sunshine far exceeded our expectations and the cruiser reviews pretty much agree. Just like every ship on the seas, there are drawbacks.

Glad you liked the ship. Its all about what is important to you. Ship is lacking in features we want but is rich in features you want.

Glad you liked the ship. Its all about what is important to you. Ship is lacking in features we want but is rich in features you want.

Isn’t what you like what is important to you? My point was that there was a group here' date=' most of whom never sailed on the ship who expressed their extreme dislike of this ship. Does it really make a difference what the name is? My opinion counts just as much as yours, no more, no less.

You have been very clear in your thoughts about the reduction of the size of the main show room and where the comedy club is housed. Most here agree with those points, but the Sunshine is much more than that. So much that was conceptual on the Sunshine has now become a Carnival standard. What they did at that point in time was the best way to compete in the new ship derby. From what once was the grand dame of Carnival that had become a ship used for 4 and 5 day cruises from Miami back to the top, quite a story.

Really enjoyed the sunshine and was telling my other half I wish she would have the opportunity to go on it. Really hope they put the havana bar in the same spot on the triumph. Great place to chill out after getting back on ship and watching the port fade away will having drinks and a snack. Enjoyed all the amenities on the sunshine without having to be on a much bigger ship Lido was jamb packed so I hope they keep the big waterpark off the rear of the Triumph so it can be used for more lounging or a few more hot tubs especially if serenity is closed on the front due to wind. Looking forward to cruising on Triumph late 2019. Would definitely go on the Sunshine again should the itinerary be promising!