Carnival Triumph to be “Sunshined”

djcass4199

For a minute there, i thought we were going to go without the “required” bashing. I’m sorry, I should have more faith in my fellow posters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like Ronald and enjoy John's blog . Wasn't meant to be bashing . Just a ;) like my previous post

Obviously the cruise line gets a nice return for doing this but strangely enough do not see other cruise lines following this path with their older ships

Royal just added 100 cabins to the Adventure Of The Seas.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/06/16/royal-caribbean-adventure-seas-makeover/85973076/

Royal cut Enchantment of the Sea in two and added a 73 foot section in 2005. Carnival was certainly not the first or the most radical.

Silversea (ultra expensive and luxurious) cut a cruise ship in half and added a 49 foot section including a number of cabins.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/03/13/watch-this-drone-footage-of-a-cruise-ship-being-cut-in-half-and-lengthened.html

Royal just bought a controlling interest in Silversea.

Ship happens.

Royal cut Enchantment of the Sea in two and added a 73 foot section in 2005. Carnival was certainly not the first or the most radical.

NCL cut two in half and added sections in the mid 90's. Wind became Windward and I forget the other one. I believe that NCL was first to do this type of remodel.

Nope, what other 'lesser' cruise lines do is buy and rebrand older ships. Golden Princess will have a long run with P & O, and she's almost 20.

Personally, I never understood the fascination with new builds. Give me an older, well-maintained ship and a new adventure to a far away place any day.

Guess we will agree to disagree. Like the new features on ships especially Princess with its walkway over the ocean.

Guess we will agree to disagree. Like the new features on ships especially Princess with its walkway over the ocean.
We went on the Princess Regal with the Seawalk TM . Cool ,the first time .

Interesting the next . Just another route after that . Ho hum

NCL cut two in half and added sections in the mid 90's. Wind became Windward and I forget the other one. I believe that NCL was first to do this type of remodel.

Royal did it to Song of Norway in 1978, but I don't know if she was first...probably not.

I believe Song of Norway was Royal's first build.

They were really proud of her and that she did not need tugs to dock.

But they did not change her name or call her new.

She went to the wreckers long ago.

Too small. It was a nice ship...

:(

Edited by mzloolue

Have you ever sailed a small ship? I mean Star Pride has essentially zero features but she can go where no megaship can ever hope to go. We absolutely loved it.

Have you ever sailed a small ship? I mean Star Pride has essentially zero features but she can go where no megaship can ever hope to go. We absolutely loved it.
You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare your sailings on the two Star ships as well as Windjammer versus your sailings on Carnival and Princess. Two entirely different types of cruising and of course different price points as well.

Actually doing the Pacific Princess later this year. Only 650 or so passengers so it will be a new experience for us

You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare your sailings on the two Star ships as well as Windjammer versus your sailings on Carnival and Princess. Two entirely different types of cruising and of course different price points as well.

Of course. Mentioned it on purpose. Both are fun, but very, very different. My point, especially in the context of the opinions associated with 'Sunshining' the Triumph, is to demonstrate that there's uggggeeee (Bernie-speak) differences in the various cruising options out there. Try 'em all and find your sweet spot(s).

Um, no.

Windstar Star Pride: 9,975 tons

Star Clipper: 2,298 tons

Congratulations on finding 2 smaller ships still sailing . Are you going to list the 99% of

ships that are bigger ? Um yes tiny ship !

Royal did it to Song of Norway in 1978, but I don't know if she was first...probably not.

I believe Song of Norway was Royal's first build.

They were really proud of her and that she did not need tugs to dock.

But they did not change her name or call her new.

She went to the wreckers long ago.

Too small. It was a nice ship...

:(

There you go. They should have changed the name AND called her new.

Used to be about every cereal in the grocery store was new and improved, when the only thing different was the box.

:eek::eek: Oh well. Was thinking of booking it for a Cuba cruise but nope. Sunshine is our least favorite ship.

We are just off the Vista this morning. Matt Mitchum told us at the diamond/platinum party yesterday that Triumph is going to be officially Sunshined and that they don’t know yet what the new name will be. He did not mention when it would happen.

Wasn’t sure if someone already confirmed this on cruise critic so just wanted to share.

A 30,000 ton ship these days is still a tiny ship whether there are smaller ones or not.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. If one has only sailed 100,000 tons plus than I'd agree.