Carnival Triumph to be “Sunshined”

djcass4199

Based on our previous cruises never going on ship less than 90' date='000 tons it is a small ship[/quote']

I'd recommend getting your doctor to prescribe the patch. Never been on 30k but you'll certainly notice the difference. Especially open ocean. :)

Wasn’t that mothballed??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The old Pacific Princess (the one on The Love Boat) was built in 1971 as Sea Venture and broken up in 2013. She was known as Pacific Princess from 1975-2002, then simply as Pacific from 2002-2013 (the name was shortened to “Acif” for her final voyage).

The current Pacific Princess was built as R Three for Renaissance Cruises in 1999. Her sisters R Six, R Seven, and R Eight all currently sail with Azamara. R One, R Two, R Four, and R Five sail with Oceania (although R Four was in the Princess fleet as Tahitian Princess from 2009-2014).

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

The old Pacific Princess (the one on The Love Boat) was built in 1971 as Sea Venture and broken up in 2013. She was known as Pacific Princess from 1975-2002, then simply as Pacific from 2002-2013 (the name was shortened to “Acif” for her final voyage).

The current Pacific Princess was built as R Three for Renaissance Cruises in 1999. Her sisters R Six, R Seven, and R Eight all currently sail with Azamara. R One, R Two, R Four, and R Five sail with Oceania (although R Four was in the Princess fleet as Tahitian Princess from 2009-2014).

Thanks for the info, very interesting. Funny, we will be on Azamara in August (the Quest).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. If one has only sailed 100,000 tons plus than I'd agree.

Not offended in the slightest. I have sailed several <100k ton ships....the smallest being my first cruise on the Jubilee (aprox 46k tons). While the Jubilee was HUGE when I sailed her, I would consider her tiny by today's standards and she's 50% larger than the Pacific Princess.

Not offended in the slightest. I have sailed several <100k ton ships....the smallest being my first cruise on the Jubilee (aprox 46k tons). While the Jubilee was HUGE when I sailed her, I would consider her tiny by today's standards and she's 50% larger than the Pacific Princess.

You might actually try a really small one sometime. It is a completely different experience.

Color me thrilled. I’m on the Triumph next year after the dry dock.

I know the Sunshine gets mixed reception. Some people really didn’t like the changes. But I really enjoyed sailing on her. The refurbishment of guest areas they did is a great way to continue to make an older shop appealing. And many of the amenities added are things I particularly like.

The Havana Bar at the back is great. When the Lido buffet area gets crowded (which happens often due to its now smaller size) there’s usually seating and a great view available back at Havana.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That waterfall pool on Sunshine needs to be rolled out on ALL future Carnival new builds. It's beautiful to look at and fun to be in the pool and under the waterfall.
That would be great! We sailed on her last October for our annual Halloween Cruise. The entire Serenity area was amazing. The waterfall is our favorite public area on her. Never got to know her as Destiny, but we absolutely love her as Sunshine.

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

We sailed on the Destiny in 2011. It wasn't bad at all but wasn't as nice as some of the previous ships we had sailed like the Glory and Dream. Of course since our cruise was free and I was participating in their Poker Grand finals, I didn't care much about the ship. :)

We then sailed on the Sunshine 5 years later in 2016. While I realize the infrastructure of the ship was the same, it felt and looked like a completely new and different ship and we absolutely loved her. However, our favorite ships still remain the Glory, Pride and Miracle.

You might actually try a really small one sometime. It is a completely different experience.

I agree, it would be but truthfully, I doubt I would find the amenities on the small ships that I have come to enjoy. I don't even sail the Fantasy class ships anymore because of that.

Anyone have any clue what they'll be adding? Any chance of getting Guys Pig place?

The reason it is reported to be "getting Sunshined" is just that...the idea I have heard is to make her like the Sunshine. So, if that hold true, no Guys Pig but she will get Bonsai, Havana Bar, JiJis, Cucina, and a redone 4th floor for comedy and Steakhouse.

I wonder if the space where Red Frog Pub is on Sunshine would become Guy’s Pig & Anchor on Triumph. The coffee bar could be moved if more space is needed (perhaps replacing the library?).

Why would they do that? Red Frog is incredibly popular...and a bar....

Why would they do that? Red Frog is incredibly popular...and a bar....
They eliminated the Red Frog Pub that was on the Vista when they built the Horizon and replaced it with Guy's Smokehouse/Brewhouse. The powers that be would need to evaluate whether Red Frog Pub or BBQ without the Brewhouse would bring in more money.

Which is not the same as what is on the new ship - and from the menu it appears completely different. It is mediocre BBQ - but I am from the south.

Tastes are subjective, but I think it is likely similar to what is served during the day on Horizon.

As for Red Frog Pubs, I think the handwriting is on the wall.

Which is not the same as what is on the new ship - and from the menu it appears completely different. It is mediocre BBQ - but I am from the south.
I believe that the preparation of the BBQ on the Horizon with the a la carte expanded menu is different from what is offered as a lunchtime buffet on the other ships that have it. Hopefully that preparation is up to your southern tastes whenever and if you decide to sail on the Horizon.