Carnival Triumph to be “Sunshined”

djcass4199

People were satisfied with Sunshine. In past year it has gone down . Was on it in November and many people were of the same opinion that it had gone down. I started on it as soon as it came on as the Sunshine and have sailed at least 4 times. And for you that say everyone has their own opinion i know that, Sail her for yourself and take the Consequences or rewards I will not sail her again even though they put the best ports on it and it is moving to within one hour of my home.

Huh, you seem to be in the minority, even with recent cruisers, maybe you were on a different sunshine?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope Triumph gets Sunshine's Serenity waterfall pool. That would be awesome!

That waterfall pool on Sunshine needs to be rolled out on ALL future Carnival new builds. It's beautiful to look at and fun to be in the pool and under the waterfall.

If I recall correctly, trademarks for “Carnival Splash” and “Carnival Sunrise” were secured around the same time that “Carnival Sunshine” was secured. Wonder if there was any truth to that and if those could potentially be the name of the Triumph if indeed she goes through this process.

Sunrise could actually be a fitting name. Represent the sun rising and a hopefully bright future for the ship after her series of unfortunate events in the past.

That waterfall pool on Sunshine needs to be rolled out on ALL future Carnival new builds. It's beautiful to look at and fun to be in the pool and under the waterfall.

I think it would be great if it actually was like the plans originally called for . Not the wading pool and water fountain that they placed on the Sunshine :D

I had mixed feelings on the sunshine was i sailed on that ship last year. some good and some bad. hopefully this is a better sunshine treatment. i am booked on the triumph next year, wonder how long it is going to take them to update my documents with the new name once it becomes official if they are going to change the name.

Unfortunately that is the direction they are going these days

No one is forced to sail Carnival, or any cruise line, but I suspect most that complain about Carnival do so because they will lose their precious perks and pay more by switching to a different line.

People were satisfied with Sunshine. In past year it has gone down . Was on it in November and many people were of the same opinion that it had gone down. I started on it as soon as it came on as the Sunshine and have sailed at least 4 times. And for you that say everyone has their own opinion i know that, Sail her for yourself and take the Consequences or rewards I will not sail her again even though they put the best ports on it and it is moving to within one hour of my home.

Where is the Sunshine moving to?

If I recall correctly, trademarks for “Carnival Splash” and “Carnival Sunrise” were secured around the same time that “Carnival Sunshine” was secured. Wonder if there was any truth to that and if those could potentially be the name of the Triumph if indeed she goes through this process.

Also, I wonder if they’ll attempt to mislead the public with a “NEW!!” banner on the website once the ship is refurbished, like they did with Sunshine.

Well, that certainly is one view, if a bit jaded.

I'd go with Carnival Removes Almost Any Public Places

;p

Doesn't look like you have been on Sunshine, so I am not sure how much you really know about this ship. Yes, there may be less "public space" square footage wise, but when she came out they had added Havana, Alchemy, Jiji's, Cucina, Bonsai and the best serenity deck (as attributed by many on here) so the options more than make up for what was formerly wasted space - just look at Triumph.

No one is forced to sail Carnival, or any cruise line, but I suspect most that complain about Carnival do so because they will lose their precious perks and pay more by switching to a different line.

Actually in our case we do like the perks on Carnival but these days we enjoy Princess more as we want to see the world.and the majority of our cruises are on Princess.

The Dream class was the best they have done with large public areas and great room to see comedy and shows. On Vista they greatly reduced the size of those venues which is the biggest reason we will not sail on those ships.

BTW we are still Carnival customers when things work out and we do have one booked for later this year

So think I still have the right to comment as I choose.

I enjoyed my cruise on the Carnival Sunshine when it debuted in New Orleans. But the public spaces were quite small. I could never get into the karaoke lounge. I did enjoy the Serenity Deck, which is where I spend most of my days. Evenings were a bit of mix/match. The comedy club filled quickly and your had to go early for a seat. But I enjoyed the Havana Bar area.

When we were on the Horizon TA, One of the guys at guest services told us this ship and one other, can't remember which one, was being refurbed like the Sunshine and the bad part, they were going to do the same thing to show room as on Vista and Horizon! YUCK!!

Pat

When we were on the Horizon TA, One of the guys at guest services told us this ship and one other, can't remember which one, was being refurbed like the Sunshine and the bad part, they were going to do the same thing to show room as on Vista and Horizon! YUCK!!

Pat

that sucks. i hate that show room layout on both the vista and sunshine.

and

People are dissatisfied with the Sunshine

When you look at the prices Carnival has consistently been getting for the sailings on Sunshine versus the ticket revenue per day on Victory and Triumph, I have a feeling Carnival has been very satisfied with what they did with Destiny. And at the end of the day Carnival is the one whose opinion matters since they are the one paying for the upgrades to Triumph if they are in fact going through with this very long dry dock.

When you look at the prices Carnival has consistently been getting for the sailings on Sunshine versus the ticket revenue per day on Victory and Triumph, I have a feeling Carnival has been very satisfied with what they did with Destiny. And at the end of the day Carnival is the one whose opinion matters since they are the one paying for the upgrades to Triumph if they are in fact going through with this very long dry dock.

Agree 100%. For $155MM, they got themselves a very good ship with many of the features of their new billion dollar boats. We'll all admit that there are some design limitations on Sunshine, most notably the comedy club. But overall they did a darn good job and I'll miss her when she leaves weeklong (plus) service out of Canaveral. Let's hope they do a good job with Triumph and perhaps re-engineer a couple of weaknesses. One thing to remember, cruise for cruise, a Sunshine 8 day is typically about $350-400 cheaper per couple than a Horizon 8 day.