Old lady tackled by staff .....

LynnTTT

while attempting to take a partially full glass of wine out of the dining room. This hasn't happened I hope, but I do wonder. What would happen to me on our Seaside cruise in August. I know our package covers wine in the MDR and buffet only, but will I be stopped if I try to carry the wine glass into a show. Or back to the cabin

while attempting to take a partially full glass of wine out of the dining room. This hasn't happened I hope, but I do wonder. What would happen to me on our Seaside cruise in August. I know our package covers wine in the MDR and buffet only, but will I be stopped if I try to carry the wine glass into a show. Or back to the cabin

MSC doesn't serve or allow drinks in the theatre. You shouldn't have a problem carrying it anywhere else, though.

MSC doesn't serve or allow drinks in the theatre. You shouldn't have a problem carrying it anywhere else, though.

Huh? No beverages in the theatre at all? I usually have a cranberry juice or diet coke that I pick up before shows. Do you know what the point of this policy is?

Not True we sailed Seaside in Apr and there were people in the theatre with drinks

MSC's policy is no drinks in the theatre - however, this policy is rarely enforced (though I have witnessed people being denied access to the theatre on occasion when carrying drinks). I've never had a problem on any MSC ships taking a drink with me going to a show (though I don't often do it).

I didn't know about this theater/no drinks policy and sailed Seaside 6/09. There were a few incidents where we and some friends walked in with drinks in hand. Not a single thing was mentioned, and I honestly did not know it wasn't allowed. As far as walking out of a restaurant with a drink in hand, I'd be surprised if you were stopped.

MSC's policy is no drinks in the theatre - however, this policy is rarely enforced (though I have witnessed people being denied access to the theatre on occasion when carrying drinks). I've never had a problem on any MSC ships taking a drink with me going to a show (though I don't often do it).

Bea, Agreed MSC like many other cruise lines have "policies" that are often subjective and not always adhered to.

I need to correct my own post!! We have the Drinks on Us package on this MSC cruise and it does include limited mixed drinks etc.in bars etc.

We have a world cruise with Costa in 2020. That package includes beer and wine in MDR and buffet. So maybe I'll get tackled on that cruise. I'll be even older then.

I need to correct my own post!! We have the Drinks on Us package on this MSC cruise and it does include limited mixed drinks etc.in bars etc.

We have a world cruise with Costa in 2020. That package includes beer and wine in MDR and buffet. So maybe I'll get tackled on that cruise. I'll be even older then.

Now I really want to try and get tackled! :P

I would guess the reason they don’t want drinks in the theater is likely because there are no places to put the drink except in your hand or on the floor… I can imagine there are often accidental spills which they don’t want to clean… Not like a movie theater seat with a cup holder! That being said we brought drinks into the shows on Divina and will probably do so on Seaview because as others have posted they don’t seem to enforce (and sometimes it’s fun To be a rule breaker, [emoji23] -worst case they make you finish the drink before you go in!)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would guess the reason they don’t want drinks in the theater is likely because there are no places to put the drink except in your hand or on the floor...

... which could pose a hazard - especially if the glass is left behind by a selfish/thoughtless person.

Yes I think the 'self rule' must be if you get a drink through in hand & thus in to the show ...You must bring the empty & associated litter (pineapple husk maybe) out again, after all there is no attendant service in there by design. Equally I agree if you are asked to finish your drink before entry ...bummer! At least it will not be one of your sacred 15 on say Carnival lol

Why in the world would you title your thread with a provocative FALSE claim? Because you think it MIGHT happen?

Why in the world would you title your thread with a provocative FALSE claim? Because you think it MIGHT happen?

Exactly my thoughts.

Once it is on the internet it stays on the internet.

A search for " MSC .. staff .. tackled .. old lady" will now bring up a result.

Maybe this was the intention of the OP in the first place ?

Its a turn of phrase, It’s humour, take it as it’s meant. Do you honestly think the op actually thinks she would be tackled by a staff member ?

Exactly my thoughts.

Once it is on the internet it stays on the internet.

A search for " MSC .. staff .. tackled .. old lady" will now bring up a result.

Maybe this was the intention of the OP in the first place ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you expect someone to bring up a search using that exact phrase.?

Clearly it was a joke. Sorry you were somehow offended. Lighten up; it's not the same as "fake news:.

I had no problem in the theater on Seaside. After we were seated, I got up and went to the bar for drinks for my family. I asked before I left and the staff member at the door said "Sure, no problem."

I did witness a spilled kid's slushie/smoothie on the carpet but it was cleaned before the show started.

Its a turn of phrase, It’s humour, take it as it’s meant. Do you honestly think the op actually thinks she would be tackled by a staff member ?

LOL - maybe the OP sails carnival and has seen the videos of crew taking down unruly passengers?