Bed Placement in Veranda Cabin

shofer

We are booked in 7264 on Silhouette and wondering if the bed is near the balcony or the door? Is there a way to discover this info? As you know, the X website is not user friendly. I tried the Cabin thread but they didn't mention that fact.

Sue

We are booked in 7264 on Silhouette and wondering if the bed is near the balcony or the door? Is there a way to discover this info? As you know, the X website is not user friendly. I tried the Cabin thread but they didn't mention that fact.

Sue

Extra large balcony with bed by the bathroom. It's a great midship cabin .

Many others are better at this than me I'm sure, but when looking at a deck plan on any of the various sites a google search should bring you to, if you see the black square in your cabin that indicates there is a pull out love seat/couch which always is by the window so since the cabin you asked about has that symbol, the bed will be closer to the bathroom. I also believe the location of the bed alternates from bathroom side to window, bathroom, window etc. So you can count down the from one with the square to see how the entire side of the ship is laid out. Hope that helps.

Thank both of you for the info. We couldn't figure out what the black square meant. Also our reservation says there is a trundle bed. Will this impact putting our suitcases under the bed?

Sue

Thank both of you for the info. We couldn't figure out what the black square meant. Also our reservation says there is a trundle bed. Will this impact putting our suitcases under the bed?

Sue

No, The trundle is under the sofa so your luggage will fit under the bed.

Many others are better at this than me I'm sure, but when looking at a deck plan on any of the various sites a google search should bring you to, if you see the black square in your cabin that indicates there is a pull out love seat/couch which always is by the window so since the cabin you asked about has that symbol, the bed will be closer to the bathroom. I also believe the location of the bed alternates from bathroom side to window, bathroom, window etc. So you can count down the from one with the square to see how the entire side of the ship is laid out. Hope that helps.

I believe that your advice is correct but--just for reference--know that "the rule" you cite doesn't work in AquaClass... Bed position does alternate in AquaClass on Solstice-Class ships but occupancy in those cabins is limited to two guests [no convertible sofa beds, trundles or upper berths in AquaClass staterooms] ...

I believe that your advice is correct but--just for reference--know that "the rule" you cite doesn't work in AquaClass... Bed position does alternate in AquaClass on Solstice-Class ships but occupancy in those cabins is limited to two guests [no convertible sofa beds, trundles or upper berths in AquaClass staterooms] ...

All the decks are pretty much mirror images of each other, with the exception where suites and handicap staterooms come in to play. So, just look at the deck plans for staterooms below where you are looking for ones with bed by bath/balcony. For example, AQ stateroom 1599 -- the corresponding staterooms below on deck 10 and 9 below are 1229 and 9207 respectively. Note they have the square annotating sofa bed which means bed is by the bath because all sofa beds are by the balcony. Therefore, 1599 will have bed by the bath.