Recent Drink Menus- Post Premium Price Increase

musik07

We are sailing Equinox on the 28th of this month. I have the Classic package and I am seriously considering an upgrade to Premium. I have had Classic in the past however since we are dining in Blu it seems that our only cocktail options are at the premium package level. I was wondering if anyone had a recent wine menu from Blu or any other recent drink menus from around the ship so I could do some math and figure out if it is worth it!

While the BLU menu does have "featured" cocktails and wines by the glass the bar servers/sommeliers SHOULD be able to offer alternates that fall within classic package limits. That said I personally like the broader selection of options available with the premium package in all dining venues/bars so I find upgrading a "no brainer" personally.

3 weeks ago the wine lists & drink menus were the same as before the price increase for the Premium package.

If you have a preference for a cocktail, you can pick one up at the Ensemble Bar and take it with you to Blu. I would think if you need a refill they will get it for you. We noticed the wine selections on the Classic package have improved. Check some of the wine lists and if there is something you like that isn’t on the Blu wine list just nicely ask the sommelier if they could get it for you for tomorrow. I’m betting they will!

The wine and cocktail lists in the MDR and the specialty restaurants do not list every possibility. I have had the Classic Package and the wine lists at the MDR and Murano didn’t list a Sauvignon Blanc in my price point. In both cases I just said I wanted a glass of SB. In the MDR, no problem. At Murano our waiter told me there would be an upcharge. I said I’d be happy to go out to the Ensemble Lounge and get one myself. He must have been new; he apologized and I got a glass with no upcharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the other hand, the MDR may not offer you all wines available to you if you have the premium package. We had a sauvignon blanc in Murano and were told in the MDR that it was only available in Murano. We politely asked the sommelier if they could obtain it for us since it was included in our package and we enjoyed it so much. They got it for us after a short wait. Since that cruise we have continued to ask for it and have had no problem getting it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On the other hand, the MDR may not offer you all wines available to you if you have the premium package. We had a sauvignon blanc in Murano and were told in the MDR that it was only available in Murano. We politely asked the sommelier if they could obtain it for us since it was included in our package and we enjoyed it so much. They got it for us after a short wait. Since that cruise we have continued to ask for it and have had no problem getting it.

Thanks for the tip. We are trying Murano for the first time later this month aboard Reflection and it would have been a shame had our experience been lessened by a wine order cock up.

We were in Aqua on our cruise last August on the Solstice to Alaska. I only had the classic package and I used the wine steward every night. She always had something for us that was covered under the classic package so that shouldn't be a concern. Actually, we made the whole cruise without adding any additional monies for drinks so that Classic package can work in Blu and for the entire cruise if you so choose. Or you can pay the uplift charge on any drink over the limit.

I am curious as to which sauvignon blanc you chose (if you don't mind sharing).:)

I'm not the poster you asked, but I fell in love with a New Zealand SB, Villa Maria.

OMG a fav of mine as well. NZ Sauvignon Blancs are the BEST.

I spoke with a vintner from South America at a wine show here in town last year & he discussed why sauvignon blancs from CA taste different from those from NZ (climate basically)--helped me to realize to ask for NZ one if they have it!

• Like 1

Our past two cruises we have had the premium package. The first time it was an included perk the 2nd time we upgraded to it from classic. We tried to maximize our use of it by getting premium bottled waters, the more expensive coffee drinks at Cafe al Bacio and we visited the martini bar every night. My wife had a cocktail most nights at dinner in the MDR but it was usually something included in the classic package and I'd have a vodka only covered under premium. We usually had a glass of wine with dinner. We liked our sommelier as he was attentive but not intrusive and by chance brought my wife's favorite from Washington State when she ordered a glass of riesling. Not a very expensive wine but she loves it.

If I took the time to itemize everything I am sure it would have been cheaper to keep the classic package and pay for the up-charges. That said there is a certain value, at least to us, to not have to consider whether something is included or not, how much the up-charge might me, etc. Others feel differently and I can appreciate that point of view as well.

We just returned from the 6/25 FABULOUS Alaska cruise on the Solstice with Captain Tasos. Both of us had the premium drink package and, for the most part, it worked flawlessly. We’re pretty faithful about reviewing our account daily for incorrect charges and we found several. Even though we had the premium package, we were charged an additional $1.18 for several drinks. We made several trips to Guest Relations and they reversed the charges along with an apology for the inconvenience. It’s not so bad when there isn’t a line across the adjacent dance floor but it was inconvenient and incorrect. Just checked my AMEX and guess what....one more charge. Granted it’s not that much ($1.18/drink), but when your choice of alcohol is listed in the premium package you should not incur additional charges. Hopefully this is something that Celebrity will button up quickly...or is it an additional revenue source??? Be alert and enjoy your cruise!:cool:

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 7/11/2018 at 5:25 PM, bigbenboys said:

I would think you can have most drinks listed on the Blu menu, but ask them to make it with Classic spirits. Here is the list of spirits for each package. It is dated March 2018, but it also has the date listed when the premium drink package is increased in price.

11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf 663.88 kB · 229 downloads

I can't believe how HARD it is to find a WINE LIST with prices from Celebrity. We are on the Reflection in October and I found this thread. So far I have not seen a scan of any menu with the wine (vineyard, country) given showing the prices so I can see which ones are $9/glass or under. I've only see the sales flyer that lists the "varietal" but that's it. I hope someone reading this will have the info soon. We are not connoisseurs and don't drink enough to upgrade the Classic package we got as a bonus. Thanks!

On 7/11/2018 at 5:31 PM, tlk1013 said:

We just returned from the 6/25 FABULOUS Alaska cruise on the Solstice with Captain Tasos. Both of us had the premium drink package and, for the most part, it worked flawlessly. We’re pretty faithful about reviewing our account daily for incorrect charges and we found several. Even though we had the premium package, we were charged an additional $1.18 for several drinks. We made several trips to Guest Relations and they reversed the charges along with an apology for the inconvenience. It’s not so bad when there isn’t a line across the adjacent dance floor but it was inconvenient and incorrect. Just checked my AMEX and guess what....one more charge. Granted it’s not that much ($1.18/drink), but when your choice of alcohol is listed in the premium package you should not incur additional charges. Hopefully this is something that Celebrity will button up quickly...or is it an additional revenue source??? Be alert and enjoy your cruise!:cool:

Did the charges show up without you signing for the upcharge?  I think someone can get into pretty big trouble for that. 

Cardrock, Watch out for zombie threads.  That cruise to Alaska was a year ago!

Steveinphilly, There isn’t a standard wine list that is available across all the ships at all times. Winds come and go. There are wine lists for blue, for aluminide, for sale are masters, for the main dining room, even for Oceanview.  Even if you could find one that is current today, July 2019, by the time you cruise in October it could be completely out of date