Questions about B2B

I just looked into it.. We are on Harmony next September.. I can’t book the same cabin the week before or the week after.. The same floor is available with a cabin about 3 down from where we’re booked now.. I wish I’d have thought about this sooner lol

It’s no big deal. You just pack everything in your luggage except what’s hanging in the closet and the steward will move it for you.

We've done this a couple of times (where we had to change cabin). A tip is to take several carrier bags. Tip things from each drawer into a separate bag and pack them in your case. Since the cabins are the same configuration you can then tip them back out into the equivalent drawer in your new cabin.

Also it may well be that you have the same steward since you are only a few cabins down, but in any case speak to the steward in your new cabin and explain the situation and ask if possible that he/she can clean that cabin first so you can move your stuff over as soon as possible and get on with your day enjoying the ship.

You didn't, if anything you will be hooked. Doing B2B saves on double airfare paid. I started with 4-7 nite cruises in 80/90s, 9/10nites in 2000's, since 2012 only been only cruising 10-17nites and in B2B or even more... Enjoy!

Oh so true...ONECRUISER...couldn't agree more...it was having to fly everywhere to cruise...doing B2B's or more was simply a way for us to save money on airfare.....oh so nice, you'll be hooked. :)

Note: Make sure that if you use the safe, empty it, if you are moving to a different cabin. Quite often, there will be a special lunch for B2B passengers...they'll let you know.

This is great information. We have been sailing with RCCL for over 20 years and have been on very class of ship and lover them all. We have always talked about b2b and it has been on our bucket list for a long time. Next year is our 50th anniversary and decided to take the plunge. We are going on Liberty because we live on the west coast, have sailed the ship before and can't wait. I am afraid that it might be like the first balcony we had, once we made the jump we could not go back.

I have also heard from others that do a B2B that if you stay in the same cabin, tidy up your room yourself that morning and tell your room steward to skip yours today to give them a small but thankful gesture of a break.

JoeRum

Ours changed the sheets the night before. We were very appreciative of not having to leave the cabin for hours during turn-around.

In San Juan, we did have to go the theater to be processed but did not have to leave the ship.

If you have the same room again, will you be able to access your room once you're checked back in for the second cruise or do you have to wait until 1pm like everyone else?

B2B is definitely on by bucket list.

I have also heard from others that do a B2B that if you stay in the same cabin, tidy up your room yourself that morning and tell your room steward to skip yours today to give them a small but thankful gesture of a break.

JoeRum

Nannyof2

We do this whenever we do a B2B, most recently on Voyager of the Seas when we travelled with our family in the two bedroom suite. Our cabin steward was very grateful that he had one less suite to attend to!

If you have the same room again, will you be able to access your room once you're checked back in for the second cruise or do you have to wait until 1pm like everyone else?

No wait, you can go right back to your room...

If you expand my signature, you will see that Chuck and I do B2Bs regularly (which is an understatement)!:D! We always are in the same Cabin if on the same ship! Not only do you NOT lose access, but you can go in and out at your leisure if you choose not to get off for the day! They have a special lunch for you in the Dining Room with a special menu as well! So if you sign up for the Dining room lunch, you don't have to compete with the new cruisers and luggage in the WindJammer or other venues.

We have our room cleaned that day as every other wanting new sheets and replenishing . :confused: It is still an easier cabin to clean with our things in there. We give TIPS (To Insure Prompt Service) generously, the Stewards know us well, and are pleased to continue to give us excellent service!! It is ALL part of the Cruise Experience!

They have a special lunch for you in the Dining Room with a special menu as well!

Sometimes. The letter we received on Day 5 indicated that a special lunch would be served, however on turnaround day, it was cancelled. Some of the other B2B'ers thought it was probably because there were less than 20 of us.

You will be given detailed instructions a couple of days prior to the end of the first leg of your cruise explaining what to do, what to bring, where and what time to meet on TAD.

Forgive me, but what's TAD?

We couldn't get the same room.. but we have the one next door.. ughh.. I don't want to stress about this.. but my mind is screaming what if's.. Im former Army and want everything to go as smooth as possible lol

If you expand my signature, you will see that Chuck and I do B2Bs regularly (which is an understatement)!:D! We always are in the same Cabin if on the same ship! Not only do you NOT lose access, but you can go in and out at your leisure if you choose not to get off for the day! They have a special lunch for you in the Dining Room with a special menu as well! So if you sign up for the Dining room lunch, you don't have to compete with the new cruisers and luggage in the WindJammer or other venues.

We have our room cleaned that day as every other wanting new sheets and replenishing . :confused: It is still an easier cabin to clean with our things in there. We give TIPS (To Insure Prompt Service) generously, the Stewards know us well, and are pleased to continue to give us excellent service!! It is ALL part of the Cruise Experience!

On Oasis, our lunch was in Giovanni's.

On Oasis, our lunch was in Giovanni's.

Cool! We miss the lunch sometimes since we get off early to spend the day in the port not boarding for the next cruise until past the luncheon.

We have also done B2B with different cruise lines and different Royal ships. (expanded signature shows details) We did the Southern Caribbean on the Liberty and followed it with a Central America cruise on the Jewel in Miami. We also did The Oasis followed by Caribbean Princess out of Ft Lauderdale. At the end of a cruise everyone is more serious but for us It's such an awesome feeling knowing our vacation is not complete until we finish our next cruise adventure!

With more cruises in our history, we take the longer cruises and reserve the 7 day ones for breaks in the Caribbean since they fly by so fast! Or we use them with a B2B convincing ourselves that we are saving on the one time airfare! :o

• 5 weeks later...
It is helpful that you posted this.

At some point during the first week, mention to the Cabin Steward that you will be placing the “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door to give him/her some relief on Turnaround Day. We also mention it to the Floor Supervisor when he/she checks on us during the week. They have always been grateful.

We are doing our first b2b and didn't consider this. What a great idea! Thank you for the advice on how to handle it.

Wow.. You all are making me feel a lot better about this.. Now its time to worry about Laundry lol.. Take an Uber to a Laundromat in Orlando? lol

Thanks Everyone!

That is what we were thinking about doing. Getting off and doing laundry in San Juan