Diamond lounges.

Don't know, it's just always been their policy.

Hmm...seems strange. Perhaps too many party types on that first night? Or the only night that concierge has off? Just curious as to why they would set up that policy. Hope they don't decide to do that on Royal. :o

Of course that first night on Royal is one of the busiest of the week.

On the 1st day sometimes the Diamond Lounge may be closed until after muster drill, but it is always open every day. Royal's loyalty drinks are everyday unlike Celebrity which does not have a dedicated loyalty lounge and does not offer drinks on 2 nites each cruise (1st nite and Senior Officers party nite).

On the first night of cruise when the diamond lounges are normally closed does your card get topped up with the free drinks?

All of the perks associated with the account are on the card as soon as you get check in.

We are looking at going on our first Celebrity cruise. We are Diamond + so Elite, I believe, on Celebrity. Could someone please explain how their “happy hour” drink system works? I noted in an earlier post that there is no dedicated lounge so are there drink coupons loaded onto our cards and if so, how many?

Also, can we bring 2 bottles of wine on board similar to Royal?

Thanks for the help.

We are looking at going on our first Celebrity cruise. We are Diamond + so Elite, I believe, on Celebrity. Could someone please explain how their “happy hour” drink system works? I noted in an earlier post that there is no dedicated lounge so are there drink coupons loaded onto our cards and if so, how many?

Thanks for the help.

Best to ask these questions on the Celebrity forum here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

On the 1st day sometimes the Diamond Lounge may be closed until after muster drill, but it is always open every day. Royal's loyalty drinks are everyday unlike Celebrity which does not have a dedicated loyalty lounge and does not offer drinks on 2 nites each cruise (1st nite and Senior Officers party nite).
Celebrity does offer drink's at the senior officer party.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the help.

On our Celebrity cruise, the happy hour was held in the bar up top of the ship. The hours were very early. They brought around trays of appetizers to go with the drinks. Not like the offerings Royal offers in their Diamond lounge. Our surprise was how early this happened. If you had late dining, happy hour was over a good hour before.

Each ship may do things differently, just as Royal's fleet does. So, your experience may differ on your Celebrity cruise from ours.

On our Celebrity cruise, the happy hour was held in the bar up top of the ship. The hours were very early. They brought around trays of appetizers to go with the drinks. Not like the offerings Royal offers in their Diamond lounge. Our surprise was how early this happened. If you had late dining, happy hour was over a good hour before.

Each ship may do things differently, just as Royal's fleet does. So, your experience may differ on your Celebrity cruise from ours.

5 to 7

Last time we sailed on Ec!ipse there were so many Elite onboard that we were given vouchers for each night that I believe could be used in any bar - am not sure if they could only be used at specific times as we had a drinks package included anyway so didn 't need vouchers - there was no dedicated lounge throughout the cruise

Hmm...seems strange. Perhaps too many party types on that first night? Or the only night that concierge has off? Just curious as to why they would set up that policy. Hope they don't decide to do that on Royal. :o

Of course that first night on Royal is one of the busiest of the week.

On Celebrity.... they are mostly way older than RCI regulars.

JC

there was no dedicated lounge throughout the cruise

Just off Silhouette 23/06/-07/07/18

The letter in the room told us that the coupons were attached to our sea pass card and could be used in any bar except the World Class bar between 5&7 pm. However, we learnt that nibbles were passed around in the Sky Lounge, which was busy before 6pm, but it was possible to get a window seat just after, when the majority of passengers left for first sitting.

Rose the C.C Host was always present and often Sue Denning CD.

Thanks for the help.

As you state there is no dedicated lounge so the event is held in a bar (Sky Lounge - which is a very nice venue) between the hours of 5 and 7. As with RC the drinks are from a set menu (similar to the RC one) and canapes are handed round on trays. They are strict about taking drinks out of the lounge so they must be consumed in the lounge. They also have a dress code so you need to be dressed as if you are going for dinner - which makes it not great for those of us who dine late and don't want to be dressed for dinner at 6pm.

There are no drinks loaded to your card except on cruises with a high number of Elites (there is a tipping point which I think is around 450) they will give you 3 coupons per night to be used only between the hours of 5 and 7pm and only for drinks from the list.

You are allowed to take 2 bottles of wine per cabin as with RC.