Tea Kettles

shofer

Mmmmm ---- we're from Stoke on Trent, the home of the Potteries, so all china has to be made here --- Steelite, Dudsons, Churchill, Wedgwood, Portmerion, Moorcroft (though their cups probably cost more than the cruise !!!)

We, and our fellow Potters, can be found checking the underside of all cups, plates, saucers etc etc to check where it is all made on all cruises. We will be checking on Connie :cool:

:-)

SIL is from Harrogate. Ohhhhh, I’ve only got Wedgewood (and no complete sets, only an eclectic mix). Shall I be cast into darkness?;p

Errrrrk. Flavored tea (or coffee) shall never pass my lips. And my tea, tea pots, and tea cups have the approval of my lovely Yorkshire sister-in-law;) Yes, of course. Coffee should be served in a proper mug, not a paper cup, or worse, styrofoam. My coffee is more akin to that found in Italy, Caffe Nero, or Costa (NOT Starbucks unless I’m desperate).

Coffee in a mug? No! No! No! Espresso should only be served in small demitasse cups or small glasses, and cappuchinos in wide mouthed cups, and caffe lattes in glasses - and these should not be too large or the coffee/milk ratio is wrong.

But I'm happy to drink my tea in a mug, but only if its a bone china mug. :D

Coffee in a mug? No! No! No! Espresso should only be served in small demitasse cups or small glasses, and cappuchinos in wide mouthed cups, and caffe lattes in glasses - and these should not be too large or the coffee/milk ratio is wrong.

But I'm happy to drink my tea in a mug, but only if its a bone china mug. :D

But of course. I agree with you on all points. However, my espresso machine died, so when at home, it’s drip filter coffee in mugs for me until I get around to choosing a replacement;p

For my tea, I prefer my bone china cups:)

Can anyone tell me if I ask for a kettle on an Alaskan cruise do they also provide cups and coffee or do I need to bring my own coffee?

We were on the Infinity, Pacific coastal earlier this years. Our cabin steward knew were from U.K. and asked if we wanted a kettle. We were provided with cups and a selection of teas and instant coffee.

We were on the Infinity, Pacific coastal earlier this years. Our cabin steward knew were from U.K. and asked if we wanted a kettle. We were provided with cups and a selection of teas and instant coffee.

I will be on a Pacific coastal on Infinity next month. It will be great if we get this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone tell me if I ask for a kettle on an Alaskan cruise do they also provide cups and coffee or do I need to bring my own coffee?

You will need to bring your own coffee and you can get cups/mugs from the buffet. One of those single cup Melitta cones works wonderfully! (Just don't forget the filters.;))

Thank you all for replies about my kettle/coffee question.

I do like my cup of coffee in the morning to get me motivated but feel the view from the balcony will more than inspire me.

So looking forward to this cruise - first one to Alaska.

As long as they drink proper tea (I.e. the Yorkshire type tea, not the flavoured stuff) from a china tea cup and coffee that doesn't taste like disinfectant - from a mug !!

;p

Do you think I’ve any chance of finding Yorkshire Tea on Equinox. Not really a serious question, I know if I do I’ll never find any boiling water to make a proper cuppa. I’ll just have to go ‘cold turkey’. :D:D:D

Yorkshire or nowt.

Do you think I’ve any chance of finding Yorkshire Tea on Equinox. Not really a serious question, I know if I do I’ll never find any boiling water to make a proper cuppa. I’ll just have to go ‘cold turkey’. :D:D:D

Yorkshire or nowt.

If you ask for an electric kettle, your room attendant will probably be able to find one for you, along with a tea tray. I was definitely able to boil water in the kettle in my stateroom. Best bring your own tea though, as I’ve never seen Yorkshire Tea on Celebrity. The best I have seen on board is Twinings;)

I managed to find some Tetley tea bags in the buffet on our last cruise on Constellation. They also had little tea pots which I used in the afternoon to have with the little sandwiches and scones.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In 2016 when we cruised out of Southampton there was no tea kettle in the stateroom. But those who asked received one immediately.

There was indeed an electric tea kettle in our stateroom on our recent cruise from Southampton (Silhouette 23 June 2019). There was also a tea tray containing tea bags, packets of sweetener, cups etcetera. I only made tea, so I didn’t notice instant coffee packets, but they may have been stuffed amongst the sweeteners I typically ignore (I use sugar). We make our late coffee run to Cafe al Bacio;-)

Were you both in suites? Wondering about this for non-suite guests...

Yorkshire or nowt.

I like English Breakfast and find on longer cruises, they tend to run out. DH just shakes his head at me when I pack a few (10) but he dips into them also at the end of the cruise. This 15-day TA will be the longest cruise we have ever taken!

Sue

Were you both in suites? Wondering about this for non-suite guests...

I was not in a suite. I had a Concierge Veranda cabin. I believe all cabins on ships sailing from Southampton have electric kettles. I haven’t had one in my cabins - Veranda, Aqua or Sky Suite - when sailing from any other port.

Yorkshire or nowt.

We take our own even on P&O so little chance elsewhere . Re Twinings tea ... have to use about 3 bags per cup ;-)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app