Transferring cruise

My husband and I are taking our grandson on a cruise in 2019. If we are not able to, is it possible to transfer the cruise for his parents to take our place. The fare is for 2 adults and 1 child. :)

My husband and I are taking our grandson on a cruise in 2019. If we are not able to, is it possible to transfer the cruise for his parents to take our place. The fare is for 2 adults and 1 child. :)

No. You cannot do this. If you can't go, you will have to cancel. And then they will have to book the cruise.

I thought only one person had to stay on the reservation?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's correct but the poster said that the grandparent(s) wanted to go instead which means a change of both original passengers

That's correct but the poster said that the grandparent(s) wanted to go instead which means a change of both original passengers

If the grandchild is one of the original, wouldn't that count? Not sure how old the grandchild is, or if that matters.

Yeah, well good luck with that and let us know if they do it for you. I'm not holding my breath.

I have always been told that the first person on the reservation must stay. Maybe they'd make an exception for the second. (Ken's example) But the third?

I guess that we'll find out.

At least one person listed as the primary had to remain on the ticket, I doubt the child would be considered as a primary on the booking. Never ran across this situation. The cruise booked with my daughter shows me as the primary as I booked it so I doubt if I suddenly cancelled, the daughter could add someone. However I guess the same would apply if my husband were still here to go but I couldn't. Interested to see what she is able to do

Yeah, well good luck with that and let us know if they do it for you. I'm not holding my breath.

I have always been told that the first person on the reservation must stay. Maybe they'd make an exception for the second. (Ken's example) But the third?

I guess that we'll find out.

The main person on the reservation can be changed at any time.

It does not matter who is listed as the first person on the reservation. It does not matter who is listed as the second or third person. All that matters is that one person from the original reservation remains on the reservation.

Similar to this, I have a cabin for 3 people. The second person in the cabin may cancel. If they cancel it will be as if the 3rd person is cancelling and they will be subject to the conditions of the third person cancelling even though they are listed as the second person.

At least one person listed as the primary had to remain on the ticket, I doubt the child would be considered as a primary on the booking. Never ran across this situation. The cruise booked with my daughter shows me as the primary as I booked it so I doubt if I suddenly cancelled, the daughter could add someone. However I guess the same would apply if my husband were still here to go but I couldn't. Interested to see what she is able to do

Gay, if you cancelled your daughter would have no problem adding another person to the reservation. Who is listed 1st vs listed 2nd does not matter.

Agree...It doesn't matter who is listed as the primary....as long as "one" of the originally booked passengers remains on the reservation. I can't believe that this is even a question for debate...especially from some of you.

1st , 2nd, 3rd, it doesn't matter at all. :eek:

I was researching the name change question for one of my travel mates yesterday. Assuming that all three are in one cabin, Royal's site indicates that it is permitted:

"Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation - Royal Caribbean International Print This Page Q: Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation? A: Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the reservations."

There are three original names, not just two. If you swap out two of the original for two new ones, it is fine. It would only become a problem if someone wanted to try to swap the third later.

I'm not sure if this matters, but just a note of caution for anyone who finds themselves in this situation. I would NOT call and cancel one passenger then try to call later and add a new one. Do it all at once- you call to change the guest information, not cancel. I could be surprised, but I would anticipate problems if you try to cancel one after final payment then later try to add a different person.

I'm not sure if this matters, but just a note of caution for anyone who finds themselves in this situation. I would NOT call and cancel one passenger then try to call later and add a new one. Do it all at once- you call to change the guest information, not cancel. I could be surprised, but I would anticipate problems if you try to cancel one after final payment then later try to add a different person.

Agree. Dropping one adding later closer to sailing you might run into the can't add passengers, lifeboats limited in that area..