Obc

signup

We always used our obc for our excursions. After trying to reserve some excursions for our Caribbean cruise this winter I find that in order to keep the reservations we have to pay right away. Is this new?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

it depends on the OBC. Not all of OBC is visible in your princess account. Do you see the onboard credit on the payments and credit page? If not, that means that OBC you have can not used to pre-book shore excursions. This type of OBC is only valid for onboard purchases, you will have to book the excursion on board.

Any onboard credit that is listed in the payment and credit page can be used to pre-book shore excursions. I was able to use my onboard credit that is listed there to book some excursions for my cruise in a few months

We always used our obc for our excursions. After trying to reserve some excursions for our Caribbean cruise this winter I find that in order to keep the reservations we have to pay right away. Is this new?

We never pre-pay gratuities and simply let any OBC go toward that...so unless you have a ton, it is a good way to use it up if you have your beverage package already and don't spend much on the ship itself.

If the OBC is from your TA , you won't be able to spend it until onboard.

If most of the OBC is in 1 guests name , the 2nd guest will have problems pre booking using OBC..

You have to contact Princess in order to spread that OBC over both guests to pre book excursions.

Yes, you have to pay now. If you have OBC in your Personalizer it can be applied against the cost of the excursion. If you don't have enough OBC you pay the difference with a credit card.

If most of the OBC is in 1 guests name , the 2nd guest will have problems pre booking using OBC..

You have to contact Princess in order to spread that OBC over both guests to pre book excursions.

We balance out OBC by having our shareholder OBC in DW's name since I have military OBC.

That is not the case for our upcoming cruise...the TA obc's were split between us as well as the Princess credit. We used all of those credit to pre-book and pay for our shore excursion! ;)

That is not the case for our upcoming cruise...the TA obc's were split between us as well as the Princess credit. We used all of those credit to pre-book and pay for our shore excursion! ;)

It depends on when the TA buys the credit...typically as I have learned from my TA they wait until you have embarked on the cruise...that is why sometimes it takes a few days we before it shows up on one's account.

Divison to each person again would be handled by TA.

Last May,I had "TA" OBC...added to my personalizer prior to a cruise due to a Princess promo, but really it was given to me by Princess in the TA's name.

Yes paying for an excursion when booked ahead of time is now required. You can use OBC to pay for it when you go to the page requiring payment. We have the problem in that I get military OBC and shareholder OBC while partner only has FCD OBC. We made this arrangement years ago so now may have to look into changing it. The alternative of course is to call our Princess Cruise Vacation Planner.

It depends on when the TA buys the credit...typically as I have learned from my TA they wait until you have embarked on the cruise...that is why sometimes it takes a few days we before it shows up on one's account.

Divison to each person again would be handled by TA.

Last May,I had "TA" OBC...added to my personalizer prior to a cruise due to a Princess promo, but really it was given to me by Princess in the TA's name.

Right! But if it's already listed on your Personalizer before sailing you can use it to buy your excursions.

Yes paying for an excursion when booked ahead of time is now required. You can use OBC to pay for it when you go to the page requiring payment. We have the problem in that I get military OBC and shareholder OBC while partner only has FCD OBC. We made this arrangement years ago so now may have to look into changing it. The alternative of course is to call our Princess Cruise Vacation Planner.

I had no problem using all of our credits (and mine showed more than DH) for our shore excursions. We booked all the same ones and the obc's were just applied without an issue.

refundable or non-refundable?

did you try to use the OBC to book your excursions?:confused:

If you were referencing my post...I should have clarified. The OBC is not available until we board the ship. It is from the TA we booked through. I suspect this kind is non-refundable so we will need to find something to spend it on.