Hub apps and chat feature

jlcloy

Hey, I was wondering if any recent cruisers on the Carnival Triumph had used the chat feature in the Hub App? We have a small group going next month and would like to be able to get in touch with each other when roaming about on the ship. We had tried to use the chat feature on the Dream last May, but we seemed to have lots of trouble with the chat staying connected.

We had pretty good results with the Hub app on Conquest this past Spring. There were one or two times that messages were simply never delivered but otherwise it worked reasonably well for us. As to Triumph, if they are on an older intranet infrastructure on that ship (which I suspect they are), the performance of the app may be disappointing, as others have mentioned on other ships.

• 3 months later...
On 8/7/2018 at 8:05 PM, cccer said:

Just got off the Horizon and I would say it worked about 5 days out of 8. Make sure you have a backup plan if you want to rely on the app to communicate with your party.

I have a LARGE ( over 300) facebook group going on the Horizon. Do you have to imput each of the groups names of just know if they have the Hub app and text them and can you do a group message? I might  get the social internet package and use messenger if that's available on the ship

1 hour ago, iahawkize said:

I have a LARGE ( over 300) facebook group going on the Horizon. Do you have to imput each of the groups names of just know if they have the Hub app and text them and can you do a group message? I might  get the social internet package and use messenger if that's available on the ship

It's kind of like contacts on your email, you have to enter each name and number separately.