Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Continued sunny, wonderful weather here in Central Ohio.  Hope it continues this way through the winter.  BUT, sadly, that won't happen.  Wlll survive, regardless. 

Good news today in the U.S. with the 90% vaccine testing results by one company at this early stage in the "process".  A good vaccine is not yet accomplished, however, this is a progressive sign that sent Wall Street soaring up this morning.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

193461690_ScreenShot2020-11-09at10_31_37AM.png.33c1082c86d29bceacb5a1b50f57533f.png

1626379831_ScreenShot2020-11-08at11_14_57AM.png.83917f26f114b6764416a60d6b113232.png

Hi Coolers. Busy here. 

We had a fun weekend in the Finger Lakes. Spent Friday night with my brother and his GF. She made a nice lomo saltado and we had plenty of wine.

Saturday we went to Auburn and visited the Seward House. Beautiful house, and fascinating history. Although we knew him from his purchase of Alaska ("Seward's Folly" in 1867), there was so much more to learn about him. 

20201107_111110.thumb.jpg.fae31a11d8856d908fae8b87199714f8.jpg

Then we went wine tasting for a bit, and stayed at a hotel Saturday night before coming home on Sunday. It was a gorgeous day on Seneca Lake!

20201107_135622.thumb.jpg.96cfce7738a3a1bad0ed56cf1611b75b.jpg

I made sticky miso wings for dinner on Sunday. Found a package that was half-price so I was quite happy with that!

20201108_170353.thumb.jpg.47dc9c9089ce0b6ef30bbce4f81b9743.jpg

Hoping this vaccine news holds up with further analysis. This mRNA technique is just brilliant, and has allowed for an amazingly fast vaccine. The stuff we can do with modern-day genetics is just incredible. In the olden days, we'd have to wait for years to accomplish this. Go science!

• Like 3

Hello, Lois.  Well, things seem to be looking up a bit in general.  Now the possibility of a vaccine in the near future.  Whether our rather inept government will manage the logistics of getting it to the right people at the right time is debatable,  but here' s hoping.

Lola

• Like 1

Hi to all water coolers!!! Can somebody answer my question ? For some reason I'm not receiving any email topics on the cooler, I thought on Saturday oh my gosh it's all gone quiet but then went on cruise critic water cooler & see you all have been posting all the lovely..sad...funny ..stories & I've not been receiving them..😢 have I put out on the naughy chair lol..  hope this gets sent ???🤔

4 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Hoping this vaccine news holds up with further analysis.

Agreed.  While the news outlets all went ga-ga yesterday over the 90%+ effectiveness rate, the immunity period was a whopping 7-days.  So, it’s going to be many, many more months before we know what the true effectiveness # and immunity period is.

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Hi to all water coolers!!! Can somebody answer my question ? For some reason I'm not receiving any email topics on the cooler, I thought on Saturday oh my gosh it's all gone quiet but then went on cruise critic water cooler & see you all have been posting all the lovely..sad...funny ..stories & I've not been receiving them..😢 have I put out on the naughy chair lol..  hope this gets sent ???🤔

There was a big site upgrade maybe a week or so ago - maybe something was changed?

See if you're still "following" the Cooler and then check your settings for subscribed threads to make sure that you are signed up for e-mail notifications.

From my quick check, yes you are still listed as following. So now you can check the second part by clicking on your name (top right) then click on "manage followed content" and it will take you to a list of all threads that you follow. Listed there will be your notification preference which you can change for each thread, and a button "manage preferences" where you can change. See these pictures - you can choose one of these options for each thread:

image.thumb.png.112fed7b16de97346e7eaf4718be6d1a.png

image.thumb.png.a1486e55b8764d9dc8e5193bb9b0687d.png

Change your preference, and update.

If all of that checks out then your e-mail  may be going to your spam (this can change suddenly and for no apparent reason).

Hopefully one of these fixes works for you!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

To those who are veterans of the military service, Happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service to the country.

I know Veterans Day may not be celebrated today in all countries, but I take this opportunity to salute you too and to thank you.

Good fortune to all of those who are now once again in the stormy path of Eta. Apparently she is still hungry and didn't eta enough. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jpalbny said:

There was a big site upgrade maybe a week or so ago - maybe something was changed?

See if you're still "following" the Cooler and then check your settings for subscribed threads to make sure that you are signed up for e-mail notifications.

From my quick check, yes you are still listed as following. So now you can check the second part by clicking on your name (top right) then click on "manage followed content" and it will take you to a list of all threads that you follow. Listed there will be your notification preference which you can change for each thread, and a button "manage preferences" where you can change. See these pictures - you can choose one of these options for each thread:

image.thumb.png.112fed7b16de97346e7eaf4718be6d1a.png

image.thumb.png.a1486e55b8764d9dc8e5193bb9b0687d.png

Change your preference, and update.

If all of that checks out then your e-mail  may be going to your spam (this can change suddenly and for no apparent reason).

Hopefully one of these fixes works for you!

Thank you  jpalbny I'm trying desperately to get my head around this one!!!🙃 I'm not not computer savvy but I'm not sure really what I'm doing so I guess for now I will just have to keep looking in on cruise critic to see what's happening.but appreciate your reply &time