Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

13 hours ago, lincslady said:

I don't care what people think (so long as I am not horrible to anyone), but  wear funny clothes, use bad language when driving, and feel generally free of the constraints of being 'respectable'.

Love your take on life Lola!

And I've got the "bad language while driving" thing going already. No point in waiting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

We popped our heads in there on our Spirit Med Cruise in 19 but we’re very short of time, we vowed to go back and stay one day. Obviously hasn’t happened yet. We loved Eze. 

Mr Luxury, Is it as fabulous as it looks? 

Lola, I think your take on life is delicious. 

Yes, the dining and views are exceptional. I have not stayed at the hotel and was there just for dining.

After numerous visits to Monte Carlo, a trip to Eze is something most should not miss.

A funny little story to tell. When my daughter was 15 she and her best friend spent a month at camp in Cap d'Ail. When their French studies were finished, they would all take the train to MC and dine on croissants and wine. ( They would put sugar in the wine to make it palatable to a 15 yr old.) Her cheeks were a bit chubby when she arrived back in the States. I am sure there is a lot more I never knew about 😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Yes, the dining and views are exceptional. I have not stayed at the hotel and was there just for dining.

After numerous visits to Monte Carlo, a trip to Eze is something most should not miss.

A funny little story to tell. When my daughter was 15 she and her best friend spent a month at camp in Cap d'Ail. When their French studies were finished, they would all take the train to MC and dine on croissants and wine. ( They would put sugar in the wine to make it palatable to a 15 yr old.) Her cheeks were a bit chubby when she arrived back in the States. I am sure there is a lot more I never knew about 😉

The property and the gardens looked exquisite. MC seemed a little extreme to me. I’d never been inside a Multi-storey lined in Emperador marble before. Lots of fun though. 

• Like 1

Wow, so much fun to catch up at the cooler upon our return from a land trip to Ireland!  And thank you for the good wishes.  Our trip turned out well for the most part.  Had flight delays both ways but none mission critical.  Ireland is certainly a beautiful country.  The photo below, taken at Hamlet's Pub in Kinsale sums up much of our trip

image.thumb.png.8926d2c8f99ad7333c58f0b163bcf9bc.png

🙂    We enjoyed an Irish coffee at this fine establishment.

Thanks to the educational value of the cooler, I purchased 2 packages of Digestive crackers while in grocery stores there.  Ignorance is no excuse, but I must plead ignorance for whatever mindless thought I may have posted when this came up some time ago.  These are truly excellent crackers!

Dear wife thinks it a bit crazy, but I almost always find an excuse to visit a grocery store or food market wherever we visit.  Does anyone else do this?

I realize that I'm minutes away from being up 24 hrs, a story for perhaps another time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Wow, so much fun to catch up at the cooler upon our return from a land trip to Ireland!  And thank you for the good wishes.  Our trip turned out well for the most part.  Had flight delays both ways but none mission critical.  Ireland is certainly a beautiful country.  The photo below, taken at Hamlet's Pub in Kinsale sums up much of our trip

image.thumb.png.8926d2c8f99ad7333c58f0b163bcf9bc.png

🙂    We enjoyed an Irish coffee at this fine establishment.

Thanks to the educational value of the cooler, I purchased 2 packages of Digestive crackers while in grocery stores there.  Ignorance is no excuse, but I must plead ignorance for whatever mindless thought I may have posted when this came up some time ago.  These are truly excellent crackers!

Dear wife thinks it a bit crazy, but I almost always find an excuse to visit a grocery store or food market wherever we visit.  Does anyone else do this?

I realize that I'm minutes away from being up 24 hrs, a story for perhaps another time.

QSS, so glad you got home fairly uneventfully. My first stop in a new country are the food stores. Foreign supermarkets fascinate me. Kid in a candy store springs to mind. 

• Like 3

Daveywavey70

Eze is a lovely medieval town and the jewel is the Chevre d'or.

There is a terrace for drinks that overlooks the sea and Cap ferrat.

The rooms are all different and I always get one with a small balcony so that I can have breakfast there.

It is a must.

Food is superb and the very best wine cellar that you could ever wish for.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Of course! That's where we do most (if not all) of our souvenir shopping.

Welcome home! Hope you have time to post some pictures and tell us more about the trip. But for now, enjoy some rest.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning all,

A few posts back Meghan cropped up and there is shortly in the UK a book being published by Tom Bower who is a respected ex-BBC investigative journalist and producer and author of unauthorised biographies. 

There has been a series of excerpts in The Times and The Sunday Times, and it occurred to me that some might be interested so I thought I'd share the articles. The Times allows and gives subscribers explicit permission to share articles so I hope the links work and is readable and isn't time or volume of views locked ... if they don't show up then please don't shout at me ... I did my best .. 🙂 …but if they do I hope you enjoy them.

There is also a background piece on Prince Andrews car crash interview and shortly afterwards it has emerged that there was some highly embarrassing photographs taken.

Prince Harry and the war between the royal family

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a934a92e-043e-11ed-a4ba-b61f33f3c1cb?shareToken=3f616debbec835ef0dccf8c7e5908aee

Meghan felt she was the victim, she ordered Harry into battle for her

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/meghan-felt-she-was-the-victim-prince-harry-went-in-to-fight-for-her-w8lzrjq0f?shareToken=b0e8c0960b3a5afe594c691dc7d371d8

Writer ‘felt manipulated’ by Meghan

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-inside-story-of-meghan-and-the-vanity-fair-affair-jvqc00rht?shareToken=b3883b7711309cc9d0f030fb9a3d91ec

Philosophising with the Vogue editor over mint tea — then it all went sour

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/meghan-and-vogue-editor-philosophised-over-tea-then-it-went-sour-59px6m55m?shareToken=bbb695857a256715c28d5713c857d6bd

‘Harry must be nuts’ — what his old Etonian friends made of Meghan

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prince-harry-must-be-nuts-what-his-old-etonian-friends-made-of-meghan-markle-rlsqzsgnq?shareToken=abd63c35e04c442ff9fd93e607bbaeb4

Andrew drama heads to big screen

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/story-of-prince-andrews-newsnight-interview-to-get-blockbuster-treatment-v6r3w6ntb?shareToken=ec9f25d7c4801783d9fe4e9bd5049be3

Hope it's readable and if so they are enjoyed,

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Good Morning all,

A few posts back Meghan cropped up and there is shortly in the UK a book being published by Tom Bower who is a respected ex-BBC investigative journalist and producer and author of unauthorised biographies. 

There has been a series of excerpts in The Times and The Sunday Times, and it occurred to me that some might be interested so I thought I'd share the articles. The Times allows and gives subscribers explicit permission to share articles so I hope the links work and is readable and isn't time or volume of views locked ... if they don't show up then please don't shout at me ... I did my best .. 🙂 …but if they do I hope you enjoy them.

There is also a background piece on Prince Andrews car crash interview and shortly afterwards it has emerged that there was some highly embarrassing photographs taken.

Prince Harry and the war between the royal family

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a934a92e-043e-11ed-a4ba-b61f33f3c1cb?shareToken=3f616debbec835ef0dccf8c7e5908aee

Meghan felt she was the victim, she ordered Harry into battle for her

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/meghan-felt-she-was-the-victim-prince-harry-went-in-to-fight-for-her-w8lzrjq0f?shareToken=b0e8c0960b3a5afe594c691dc7d371d8

Writer ‘felt manipulated’ by Meghan

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-inside-story-of-meghan-and-the-vanity-fair-affair-jvqc00rht?shareToken=b3883b7711309cc9d0f030fb9a3d91ec

Philosophising with the Vogue editor over mint tea — then it all went sour

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/meghan-and-vogue-editor-philosophised-over-tea-then-it-went-sour-59px6m55m?shareToken=bbb695857a256715c28d5713c857d6bd

‘Harry must be nuts’ — what his old Etonian friends made of Meghan

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prince-harry-must-be-nuts-what-his-old-etonian-friends-made-of-meghan-markle-rlsqzsgnq?shareToken=abd63c35e04c442ff9fd93e607bbaeb4

Andrew drama heads to big screen

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/story-of-prince-andrews-newsnight-interview-to-get-blockbuster-treatment-v6r3w6ntb?shareToken=ec9f25d7c4801783d9fe4e9bd5049be3

Hope it's readable and if so they are enjoyed,

Jeff

Thanks for the links Jeff, they worked perfectly. Very interesting articles and certainly enjoyed by me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I still say we should exile Harry and Megan to Canada, but 'transportation' to Australia is also acceptable.  Andrew – isn't Saint Helena available after the death of the previous tenant?  🤣

Anything’s better than Southfork. 

• Like 1

Well we have had the hottest day ever recorded in Wales today and it’s been utterly miserable. My contempt for sunshine has reached new levels. I’ve been praying for sleet and hail followed by a freezing fog but my prayers are yet to be answered. I’ve barely slept for a week. It’s like living In Satans armpit. Visits to the wine cellar (11c) to “check on the stock”  have been occurring at 15 minute intervals. My boys are enjoying their new cooling mat but the pup is a real sun worshipper and follows the sun around the room. The cats are in ecstasy whilst I feel like I’m walking through treacle. First spots of rain and I’ll be dancing round the lawn in my vest and underpants. Antartica has firmly cemented itself at the top of my list. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I still say we should exile Harry and Megan to Canada, but 'transportation' to Australia is also acceptable.   🤣

Not on your life!  

(In any case, MM wouldn’t like it here because Australians don’t fawn over so-called “celebrities”.)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Port Power said:

Not on your life!  

(In any case, MM wouldn’t like it here because Australians don’t fawn over so-called “celebrities”.)

Can we please all stop dissing people. I come here for a some kindness and a giggle not to slag other people we don't know at all off. 

I'm on Day 6 of quarantine and going a little cabin crazy. Thankfully my husband and I enjoy each other's company. Hoping for a negative result with our Covid test tomorrow.

8 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

Can we please all stop dissing people. I come here for a some kindness and a giggle not to slag other people we don't know at all off. 

I'm on Day 6 of quarantine and going a little cabin crazy. Thankfully my husband and I enjoy each other's company. Hoping for a negative result with our Covid test tomorrow.

It might be easier on yourself to be a bit easier on others comments and opinions  than changing the behaviour of the other 7bn people in the world ….. 

Best of luck with the test. 

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

7 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well we have had the hottest day ever recorded in Wales today and it’s been utterly miserable. My contempt for sunshine has reached new levels. I’ve been praying for sleet and hail followed by a freezing fog but my prayers are yet to be answered. I’ve barely slept for a week. It’s like living In Satans armpit. Visits to the wine cellar (11c) to “check on the stock”  have been occurring at 15 minute intervals. My boys are enjoying their new cooling mat but the pup is a real sun worshipper and follows the sun around the room. The cats are in ecstasy whilst I feel like I’m walking through treacle. First spots of rain and I’ll be dancing round the lawn in my vest and underpants. Antartica has firmly cemented itself at the top of my list. 

We’ve NEVER needed to switch the aircons on at 8am in the morning before.  

Tonight we’re decamping to Seaside - Helga willing - for sone hopefully refreshing sea breezes ….

Jeff

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

It might be easier on yourself to be a bit easier on others comments and opinions  than changing the behaviour of the other 7bn people in the world ….. 

Jeff

20 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Jeff

Thanks for the good wishes re test.

I try to ignore and did so the first time you brought up this topic. I would suggest that is wise for all to not try to change others. I will ignore from now on.

3 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Thanks for the good wishes re test.

I try to ignore and did so the first time you brought up this topic. I would suggest that is wise for all to not try to change others. I will ignore from now on.

To be honest, I’m still unclear what it is that upsets you about discussion concerning prominent people who clearly seek maximum publicity the consequence of which is discussions about those tactics.  If you never discuss these things yourself, I gently suggest that you are nearly unique.  🙂

• Like 2