Jump to content

Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five


CCHelp
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

The wine glass is from IKEA  it holds  500mls  😁  - those swedes know how to  drink   !!  

 

2 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Love your choice of wine, except for the "low" part.😁

 

Rojaan I love the glass!  Might be trouble for me with a 14.5%.  Oh well,  you only live once! 😁

 

Chas,  you have a great eye!  I didn't even notice the  "low" until you mentioned it. I need to be more attentive.  🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

 

 

Rojaan I love the glass!  Might be trouble for me with a 14.5%.  Oh well,  you only live once! 😁

 

Chas,  you have a great eye!  I didn't even notice the  "low" until you mentioned it. I need to be more attentive.  🤣

I spotted that ! Earlier today! But didn't like to mention it!!😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elsa bringing a flash flood warning & tornado watch here, all kinds of alarms going off.  Someone send a smallish cruise ship up the James River; the Shadow preferred.  After boarding all VS members, we can stop at Williamsburg with excursions then head out to the Atlantic.  After, set sail for Canada or Colorado, anywhere where its not raining.  Let's have a 3rd glass tonight...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Let's have a 3rd glass tonight...

 

Working on it. Just kicked our dinner wine and thinking about which G&T to mix.

 

Off tomorrow after 11 days straight. Driving to Ithaca for my brother's wedding tomorrow. Shod be fun. Haven't seen my father since March. Of 2020. Pre-pandemic. Looking forward to a fun time with the family. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Haven't seen my father since March. Of 2020.

Understood, just experienced this with my daughter & her family.  It went well, the only problem was the visit had to end.  Wishing you the best for the trip & the wedding,  And to your brother and his bride - all the best.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jillyf said:

Out to lunch today and offered 125 ml glass or 250ml. Waiter surprised when I said 250ml, of course!  

Us  aussies  know how to  drink  !!!  🍸 🍻 🥂 🍷

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had two glasses of Mollydooker 'The Boxer' last night – finally a Shiraz that lives up to the reputation!  Had to have the waitress decant the end for me, so I could drink every drop without the sediment. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Had two glasses of Mollydooker 'The Boxer' last night – finally a Shiraz that lives up to the reputation!  Had to have the waitress decant the end for me, so I could drink every drop without the sediment. 

An Australian wine from McLaren Vale in South Australia. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning all,

I think, from South Florida. 

I sit at my table and there is no one coming by to ask me what I want for breakfast.

There is no one pouring coffee or bringing my doppio.

No lovely napery.

No sound of the sea. No gulls. 

No turquoise blue wake to look at.

It is, however, very hot and humid.

It is good to be home.

:classic_love:

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, spinnaker2 said:

Morning all

I think, from South Florida. 

I sit at my table and there is no one coming by to ask me what I want for breakfast.no one pouring coffee or bringing my doppio.

No lovely napery.

There is no sound of the sea. No gulls. 

It is, however, very hot and humid.

It is good to be home.

:classic_love:

 

Welcome home and thank you 😊.

 

At the moment here in Western Australia we are having cold wind and rain, especially today so your wonderful stories of Greece helped brighten my day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spinnaker2 I could very much relate to one aspect of your commentary. My husband has back issues and tries to keep fit. Difficult in these times of multiple disappointments and lockdowns. So we go from being able to do major hikes to not being able to do much exploring. Your sharing has helped inspire us both that even on the down times we could have a great time with things like S.A.L.T. as we enjoy exploring new foods.

 

That is why I say thank you very profoundly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Spinnaker2 I could very much relate to one aspect of your commentary. My husband has back issues and tries to keep fit. Difficult in these times of multiple disappointments and lockdowns. So we go from being able to do major hikes to not being able to do much exploring. Your sharing has helped inspire us both that even on the down times we could have a great time with things like S.A.L.T. as we enjoy exploring new foods.

 

That is why I say thank you very profoundly.

Frantic

We were determined to take this cruise and to make it work. It was not without challenges. We did try some excursions, but DH can not stand for any length of time and finding a place to sit down was not always easy. 

And yes, I can totally understand going from hiking to a more sedentary lifestyle. We just must adapt to it!

But aren’t we all adapting to this new life that we have been handed!

 

We are so fortunate that we could do this cruise and regain some perspective of the world.

 

Initially lots of the conversations amongst pax were about coping with covid life and lockdowns. As well, those people we encountered in the ports wanted us to know what they had experienced and how it had impacted their lives. I hesitate to use the term catharsis because that word/concept is NOT ENOUGH. We will never regain what has been lost. 

But we do have the future.

We all have a story to tell. For me, I will listen, and learn and hope.

And move forward as best I can.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...