Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

3 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

going with the recipe then, thanks mysty!  tonight could be a test of "unconditional love" as I burn thru various expensive ingredients ✌️

Que you're going to surprise yourself in a good way!  Keep the faith baby! 😁

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2021 at 6:14 AM, jpalbny said:

Happy Birthday QSS! Hope it was great.

Finally bit the bullet and bought plane tix for our November cruise on Silver Spirit. We shall see.

Will plan on a night in Barcelona prior to the cruise and a night in Lisbon afterwards. Looking at hotels now.

Does anyone have a hotel recommendation for Nice? We have one night there after our September cruise.

Instead of Nice, stay at the Chateau de la Chèvre d’Or in Eze.  Look at the Palais de la Mediterlanée in Nice.  Great location.  Check out the restaurant Chez Achiardo in The old part of Nice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, nowornever said:

Mary Ann, thank you so much for this wonderful information.  We have been advised that we'll have a Lisbon overnight at the end of the Med. Grand Voyage & had no idea about this museum.  THANKS 

We had booked a full day tour to Sintra, Cascais and Estoril that day ending at out hotel.  Sadly we had to cancel due to Bob’s accident.  The tour was with Jorge Bras at Premier Tours, highly recommended by ColWes and Dusababy, I believe.

Thanks so much for the information.  We've been fortunate enough to stay in Lisbon a couple of times other than cruise ship stops & have enjoyed Cascais & Sintra as well as other points of interest in Lisbon & the surrounding area.  It's a very interesting city & I wasn't unhappy when Silversea air informed us of the change in return flights.

As of now, the post night "Simply Hotel" post cruise night they're booking hasn't been named but I'm sure it will be just fine.

I'm wishing the very best for Bob & will look forward to reading that he is 100%.  Thanks again for the tips.

JP, take a look at La Perouse in Nice.  It's definitely not a cookie cutter hotel & it's a little quirky since it's built into a hillside.  Many rooms have gorgeous views of the crescent shaped beach.  It's between the main beach area & the ship harbor.  If you need transfers or a tour, I highly recommend Walter @ BluRiviera.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

Bob had to return to the hospital today for a second surgery due to infection.  He will be on IV antibiotics over the weekend and might come home Monday.  His spirits are good, and we remain hopeful.  

Oh my   So very sorry.   Hopefully this will stem the infection and he's home Monday.   He's so healthy he has a basic arsenal to fight off the bad guys.  Keep the faith!

• Like 1

mysty - your funnies appear on my laptop at around 1 p.m.  I wonder if you get up very early in the morning to post them?  I like to imagine you, maybe in your dressing gown/negligee,  creeping out of the bedroom to post them.   You may want to disillusion me, and say it is practically morning coffee time where you are.  (Not trying desperately to find out where in your very wide country you live of course).

Lola

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lincslady said:

mysty - your funnies appear on my laptop at around 1 p.m.  I wonder if you get up very early in the morning to post them?  I like to imagine you, maybe in your dressing gown/negligee,  creeping out of the bedroom to post them.   You may want to disillusion me, and say it is practically morning coffee time where you are.  (Not trying desperately to find out where in your very wide country you live of course).

Lola

Lola, I usually get up at the crack of doom!  Around 5:30 or 6:00 am.  And I do creep out as Myster usually sleeps until 10:00 am.  Nothing quite as attractive as a dressing gown or negligee though.  Actually well worn in and comfy pjs.   We live about 50 kilometers south west of Ottawa in a charming small town.

• Like 1

Thanks so much,  mysty.  Oh, I messed up the time - your funnies actually arrive here at noon.

I too am up at around 5.30 to 6, making a mug of tea and getting the newspaper which our wonderful man brings at about 6 a.m., rain or shine, to go back to bed for an hour to read.

Now I have looked on the map, I know  where Ottawa is; and roughly where you are.  My scanty knowledge of Canada extends only to Vancouver, having stopped off there for a few nights once before an Alaska cruise, and once on a round the world air ticket after being in  the Far East and Australia.  I should be ashamed,  I bet you know a lot more about England!

Lola

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Thanks so much,  mysty.  Oh, I messed up the time - your funnies actually arrive here at noon.

I too am up at around 5.30 to 6, making a mug of tea and getting the newspaper which our wonderful man brings at about 6 a.m., rain or shine, to go back to bed for an hour to read.

Now I have looked on the map, I know  where Ottawa is; and roughly where you are.  My scanty knowledge of Canada extends only to Vancouver, having stopped off there for a few nights once before an Alaska cruise, and once on a round the world air ticket after being in  the Far East and Australia.  I should be ashamed,  I bet you know a lot more about England!

Lola

Lola, we adore England!  And to be fair it is much easier to visit many places there than it is to see a lot of Canada in a go!  We also learned a lot of English History in school.  It was relevant because many of the early settlers here were from the UK and of course, France.

You are definitely permitted a weekend off to visit  grandsons you have not seen for 18 months.  Whatever size they are, they will certainly be larger since you last saw them (unless they are already fully grown of course).

We have a great grand daughter born in the States last November, and of course so far only have photos and videos etc. of her.  I feel sad for my daughter, her granny, who is missing the early months; she is almost walking.  Sadly,  President Biden will not let them visit as yet.  (Oops, is that political?)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mysty said:

Some lovely buns on display!  🤣

Mmmm - not too sure;  the three on the right a bit overfilled, the one on the left a bit dried up - probably been left in the shop window too long.

You folks on your side of the pond are having some horrendous weather at present; I feel  lucky to live in a little country which rarely has such events.

Lola

• Like 1