Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

So, was thinking about our Davywavey - did you really leave?  I so understand frustration, we are feeling it on so many different fronts recently.

That said, DW, these potatoes are on their way with the salmon into the oven.  Hoping for roasties.  Your advice would be much appreciated even if too late to save tonight's dinner.

BTW, enjoyed a red tannat bottle tonight - loved it - any others enjoyed this grape?

upload of picture failed

saw someone else was having this problem

sorry, perhaps just picture salmon and boiled potatoes on a sheet pan

I need to get back in the kitchen

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Except you were supposed to go an hour forward! Time for some white-out.

JP the blue numbers are the Standard time and the black numbers are the Daylight Savings time.  When the clocks go back the blue numbers get erased.  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, zqtchas said:

https://essentialinstall.com/commercial/le-petit-chef-dessert-is-3d-projection-mapping-the-future-of-the-restaurant/

It has been installed in over 50 restaurants worldwide, ranging from Paris, Shanghai, Dubai, Saint-Petersburg, Hong Kong, London, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Dusserldorf, Frankfurt, Zurich, Riga, Helsinki, Madrid, Mallorca, Taipei, Girona, Ostuni, Shenzen, Moscow, Tokyo, Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Shanghai …  in the U.S.?  They say they are on Celebrity Cruises.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3484

• Like 1

What I want to know is whose brilliant idea was it we should wake up in the middle of a Saturday night to run around the house turning our clocks forward 1-hour? Seems to me 4:00p on a Friday would work so much better as we could end our work week and start the weekend earlier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

What I want to know is whose brilliant idea was it we should wake up in the middle of a Saturday night to run around the house turning our clocks forward 1-hour? Seems to me 4:00p on a Friday would work so much better as we could end our work week and start the weekend earlier.

google it.

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2022 at 11:18 PM, jpalbny said:

Tannat from Uruguay? It's been a while since I've tried one. It's on the wine list at a nice restaurant here in Albany. 

I do like Tannat from Uruguai and from Brazil.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2022 at 9:18 PM, jpalbny said:

Tannat from Uruguay?

That bottle, duly disposed of Saturday night, was from Virginia.  It was the best Virginia wine I've had.

42 minutes ago, Lirio said:

I do like Tannat from Uruguai and from Brazil.

Me too Lirio, but it has been too long since I enjoyed some.  Will pick up a bottle to do a more complete assessment of the Virginia vintage (2017 Upper Shirley Vineyard).  Ah, the sacrifices we make in the name of research...  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

That bottle, duly disposed of Saturday night, was from Virginia.  It was the best Virginia wine I've had.

Me too Lirio, but it has been too long since I enjoyed some.  Will pick up a bottle to do a more complete assessment of the Virginia vintage (2017 Upper Shirley Vineyard).  Ah, the sacrifices we make in the name of research...  

Noted. If everything is ok, I will be in Tampa by September to a conference and hopefully a few days in NY. I will look for it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

This brutal chapter in history will not be forgotten 

Totally agree. The man is evil and you can see it in his eyes. He is the epitome of toxic male culture that wants what he wants and thinks he deserves to just take. He is feeling older and wants to leave his mark. I am just not sure he realised he despised he would become.

Now just to clarify I know there definitely are evil women as well.🙂

• Like 2