Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Many thanks for the kind thoughts; and though I am not usually a hugger, for the huge hug from you, Lois.  I  just had one from my dear friend and neighbour - maybe it was the sherry encouraging us!

It hasn't been the best of times for any of us, what with Covid and the awful news at present, so a glass of wine and a giggle is all the more welcome.  I look forward to lots more funnies (especially  the animals) and stories of your travels and travails everyone.  I will be back on the bar stool soon.

Lola

• Like 3

Sorry to hear the news, Lola. Sending you some cheer from across the pond.

We are hopeful that we can post some travel stories soon - if all goes according to plan, three weeks from today we will be in Paris celebrating my birthday. Then onward to Ljubljana for a tour of Slovenia and Croatia.

I'm glad that you were able to share a glass of wine and a laugh with a friend. We all could use that right about now. Looking forward to seeing you at your regular place at the Cooler!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mysty said:

Hope you can find some peace and maybe a smidgen of unexpected joy! 🥰

Thanks mysty and everyone, I have already had my first giggles on here this morning. 🙂

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

My lovely neighbour has just phoned, and is coming round, so I am off to put the kettle on (or maybe get the sherry out).  There, better already.

Lola, I am so sorry to hear of you losing your deep love recently. Pleased to hear you have good neighbours. I am sure a nice sherry goes well with friends, or even a nice glass of red.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

thumbnail (20).jpg

I love it 🤣. The reason I am not a keen house cleaner, it is simply a duty. 

Thank you again everyone for your kind thoughts and giggles. Just back from the hospital and my MIL went peacefully with family around. We had to video in my SIL who lives in Seattle so she could say goodbye.

On Wednesday my MIL would have turned 93yo. We had plans to take her in cupcakes and since she couldn't decide between chocolate or red velvet we would take her some of each to share with the staff. We will still make them and share them to honour her memory. 🧁

From now on back to travel chat. We have 6 weeks mid year in the Western Med and are looking forward to returning to travel and cruising. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

My late grandfather looked just like Quasimodo. A real dead-ringer, in fact. 

I really, really hope that he carried the regressive gene, otherwise your passport photo must be an absolute corker😉.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I just want to say that every morning I go online and read the news.  I save this CruiseCritic part for my last reading of the morning and always end laughing.  Thank you all who contribute these funnies.

• Like 3

let me put this young man and his message out there, music if you are interested

Bless the mornings.

"We grow. grow steady as the flowers, we grow older still

We grow, grow happy as a new dawn, we grow older still"

I remember saying I would not post more music and I have broken that promise.  My apologies, sometimes I just want to share what I'm listening to with my cooler buddies, & it never hurts my feelings if you choose to skip over it.

• Like 6