Is Your Bed Near the Balcony or Near the Bathroom?

vtcruising

Sorry that this thread isn't labeled for Edge cabins only, but when it was started there was a separate Edge Sub Forum and this was part of that forum so no label needed. 

As an update, some people on the Edge have reported back that their beds were not where the deck plans indicated they would be. I imagine that they had to turn things around in some cabins because of a bump out or some other unforeseen issue. This is the list that I have so far - I check each cabin review (in the Edge Cabin Info sticky) to see if people who have actually been in a cabin verify that the bed is where it appears in the deck plan. It is a handful so far, but I can only guess that cabins next to these may also be reversed.

1320492926_bedbybathEdge.png.9731a2e219f86c46236aa713b0ef9e67.png

Also, as an update now that we have had many reviews from people who have sailed in the IV's, there are fans of bed by the bath and bed by the balcony (just like on other classes of ships). If you have sailed on the Edge and want to do a cabin review for the Edge Cabin Info spreadsheet (top of the Celebrity Cruise Critic page), it would be most appreciated by your fellow cruisers who are looking to book on the Edge. Here is the link:

Edited by vtcruising

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi again 🙂

I know that you had friends in 11270. Is the bed by the balcony on that one do you know?

I don’t know for sure but all of the other SVs have been accurate on the deck plans so far. I would guess that the bed is by the balcony. The nice thing with the SVs is the 3-4 extra ft of length so the bed isn’t too close to the balcony as in the IVs. 🙂

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Funny that this room is being discussed as I’ve booked it for a cruise next year

We'll make sure that we take loads of photos --- still have to wait a while though ;-)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Pushka said:

Does anyone know location for 9237 please?

It is by the bath, both on the deck plans and by someone's report who stayed in the cabin. It looks like a nice location on the bump out and near the elevators. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

1320492926_bedbybathEdge.png.9731a2e219f86c46236aa713b0ef9e67.png

As an update, there are two more cabins that are incorrect per reports by people who have been onboard - 9236 and 10222 are actually by the bath, though appear to be by the balcony on the deck plans. I will edit the table when I return home.

Edited by vtcruising

• 11 months later...
9 hours ago, udamom said:

I also just noticed this thread hasn't been updated in over a year so maybe this info moved somewhere else. If there is a new thread would love a link. The search feature on CC has been super wonky for me lately :o(

The person who started and updated this thread passed away quite suddenly and unexpectedly last year.  EM

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, udamom said:

Oh no!  how sad to hear! Looked like they always had great info. 

VT was one of the BEST on researching and delivering info on The Edge...

I can look back at some of the info provided coupled with what I know to be accurate and will try to answer your question about where the beds are located.

For example our bed was to be by the bathroom based on the schematics but it was by the IV which makes me think that someone, at sometime mixed up either the verbal info or the schematic across the board...

When I booked the same cabin for our Med sailing next year, the reservation person aboard was insistent that our bed was by the bathroom. I invited him to drop by and take a look to let me know if it was a mirage I was sleeping in or not... he laughed and said he believed me.

bon voyage

• Like 2

Since a lot of people seem to have a preference about whether their beds are near the balcony or bathroom in the non-suite cabins, I am starting this thread to help people answer that question for their booked cabins or to help choose a cabin.

Some may ask why should I care? Some cruisers prefer one or the other and choose their cabins accordingly. I'll list a few advantages and disadvantages of each and I'm sure others have pet peeves or things they enjoy about each type.

I have stayed in both and have pet peeves about each type and am not sure which I like better. Here are things I have noted or have heard from others:
Bed by the Bath:
Positives:
-cabin living area has more open feel, with couch near the balcony - isn't broken up by bed (some are wondering if this may be even more of a positive with the infinite balcony, which can stay open to add more space to the cabin)
-couch by the balcony to sit and look out at the ocean
Negatives:
-bed by the bath also often means bed by the closet, with a tight squeeze to access the closet
-have to squeeze by the bed to enter the living area (room only for one person and we always need to pass through to go the other direction at the same time :D).

Bed by the Balcony:
Positives:
-easier access to the closet
-can get around cabin more easily since don't have to squeeze by bed as much (except when going to balcony).
-better view of ocean from bed
Negatives:
-less open living area, especially when infinite veranda bifold doors are open
-couch not near the balcony for seating near the ocean

How can you tell if a cabin has the bed near the balcony or bath? The individual cabins on the Edge deck plans are shaped differently, depending upon where the bed is positioned. They usually switch the position in every other cabin. Please note that Celebrity can change the order at any time since the ship is still being built, but at this time, these are the latest plans - you can zoom in on them to see the bed position:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/17055722_CEL_Deck_Plans.pdf

When you find the cabin you are looking for, look for the bump out in the wall - that is where the bed will go. Check to see if it is closer to the balcony (see picture below to identify balcony) or bath (bath is next to the hallway).

If you have a difficult time figuring it out, just ask on this thread and someone here will help you out. :D

I'm sure others have things to add to the positives and negatives that I haven't thought of here. What do you prefer?

enhance

Some examples:

enhance

Unfortunately all the deck plans I bring up don’t have any lumps and bumps !, just all straight edges

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, clhlady said:

Looking at booking on the Beyond.  The Deck Plans change on May 31, 2023 according to the website.  Any chance anyone on this thread knows where the bed in for Cabin 11167?

The location of the bed doesn’t change when the date changes. The bed is near the veranda. Here’s a screenshot of the deck plan (from the Celebrity web site): 

AD999359-B90A-4321-B0F5-85C0BAD58EAD.jpeg

On 8/7/2018 at 3:32 PM, vtcruising said:

This is helpful advice for those with accessibility needs. 😄

Exactly why we always have bed by the balcony. Our 4 wheel rollator (walker) fits neatly between the end of the couch and the wardrobe.

To create extra space we slide the oval table part way under the dressing table ( longest edge against the wall ). It leaves room to sit at the dressing table, you can still use the table for Storage and you have the whole of the cabin area free - for us a win, win, win.

Just now, the penguins said:

Exactly why we always have bed by the balcony. Our 4 wheel rollator (walker) fits neatly between the end of the couch and the wardrobe.

To create extra space we slide the oval table part way under the dressing table ( longest edge against the wall ). It leaves room to sit at the dressing table, you can still use the table for Storage and you have the whole of the cabin area free - for us a win, win, win.

Sorry pushed to soon. Our walker will go through all standard cabin doors unfolded unlike on our current cruise ( Sky Princess) where it has to folded everything.