A different EZ Air question.

TwoCruisers

I am booked on Delta for my upcoming Christmas cruise. I used EZ Air as I have for the past two years.

On July 28th Delta discontinued my 7:00 am flight, going to the cruise a day early, and put us on the only other flight which is at 10:00 am. This is a smaller plane and it is now almost 100% full. We are shown as “Confirmed” on the Delta website. My concern is that since Princess doesn’t charge us until final payment and since the flight is almost full but it is still open for sales could they bump us because they haven’t been paid.

I have read about prepaying the EZ Air payment by others on the Princess boards. I have a TA but I did signed up for the air myself on the Princess web site. Do I need to have my TA do the prepaying or can I call Princes myself to take care of this? I should add that I booked a long time ago for a very good low price and the current price is more than double.

Also, one of you might have a suggestion for something I haven’t thought of.

Any help is appreciated.

I am booked on Delta for my upcoming Christmas cruise. I used EZ Air as I have for the past two years.

On July 28th Delta discontinued my 7:00 am flight, going to the cruise a day early, and put us on the only other flight which is at 10:00 am. This is a smaller plane and it is now almost 100% full. We are shown as “Confirmed” on the Delta website. My concern is that since Princess doesn’t charge us until final payment and since the flight is almost full but it is still open for sales could they bump us because they haven’t been paid.

I have read about prepaying the EZ Air payment by others on the Princess boards. I have a TA but I did signed up for the air myself on the Princess web site. Do I need to have my TA do the prepaying or can I call Princes myself to take care of this? I should add that I booked a long time ago for a very good low price and the current price is more than double.

Any help is appreciated.

I did this once in the last couple years. Same situation as you, booked with a TA, but managed the EZ-Air flights myself through the cruise personalizer. (BTW, Princess immediately notifies your TA on EZ-Air bookings)

To answer your question, YES, you contact your TA. IIRC there is a form required that can be done electronically to make the formal request.

BE AWARE, I was required to PAY THE CRUISE IN FULL in order to accomplish what I wanted to do (Be ticketed early so I could purchase upgrade seat)

In my case it all worked out just fine and was not difficult at all.

I was nervous like you - and had booked the air portion independent of my cruise through a TA. I phoned Princess directly and had no problem in paying it in full to confirm my ticket.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did this once in the last couple years. Same situation as you, booked with a TA, but managed the EZ-Air flights myself through the cruise personalizer. (BTW, Princess immediately notifies your TA on EZ-Air bookings)

To answer your question, YES, you contact your TA. IIRC there is a form required that can be done electronically to make the formal request.

BE AWARE, I was required to PAY THE CRUISE IN FULL in order to accomplish what I wanted to do (Be ticketed early so I could purchase upgrade seat)

In my case it all worked out just fine and was not difficult at all.

We contacted Princess and paid for only our airfare a few months before final payment so we could be ticketed and go to the airline and buy comfort seats. No need to pay for your whole cruise.

YES.....I have personal experience, just this last May...flights just disappeared from EZ-air flexible list, still available on Delta/AA...got the dreaded RED message, both flights were changed to less desirable times, one schedule twice. We booked 5 months out, wouldn't expect many chances, but we had them up until final payment.

Since you are flying in a day early, Princess only has to get you to the ship so technically, they could book you the morning of, but most likely they would not as those flights are popular.

I think you are wise and understand the process......and especially around Christmas by all means secure your air now, especially since the pricing has increased.

Our flights were thru Delta & American both being flown by Compass, their small jets less than 80 people.

One same day flight went from a 10:30am landing to 12:56am cut off for EZ-air flight was 1pm.

Both the return flights were changed....to later departures in the afternoon, one had a connection.

Our flights started out expensive in the first place and having not traveled one route ever ...was hoping for a price drop that never came, unfortunately we lost better flight times and more control because we waited.

Edited by land lover

We contacted Princess and paid for only our airfare a few months before final payment so we could be ticketed and go to the airline and buy comfort seats. No need to pay for your whole cruise.

We did the same thing. Had Princess purchase airfare way in advance of final payment so that we could confirm seat selections.

The problem is that the airline can change your flight at any time. It doesn't matter if you've paid and the flights are ticketed, if you purchased thru EZ Air, thru the airline directly, thru a TA, or anything else. They don't have to tell you why they are doing it.

That's part of why we fly in at least day ahead. It gives you more "wiggle room" if they do change a flight. We had one, booked directly thru Delta, selected that airline specifically for this flight...and a few days before, they changed us to a flight the next day which would have caused us to miss the cruise! When I spoke with Delta, they did move us to an earlier flight on the day we were originally booked--too early for my liking, totally destroyed the reason I'd booked with them, but they did get us there in time for the cruise.

Like most travelers, we've also had flights seriously delayed, connecting flights canceled in mid route, etc. Allowing extra time can really save you.

YES.....I have personal experience, just this last May...flights just disappeared from EZ-air flexible list, still available on Delta/AA...got the dreaded RED message, both flights were changed to less desirable times, one schedule twice. We booked 5 months out, wouldn't expect many chances, but we had them up until final payment.

When you book EZAir, Princess guarantees the price you booked at. However, if the flight(s) approach capacity, the airline may tell Princess they cannot offer that price any longer and thus you get switched to different flights but at the price you agreed to.

So paying in full for the flights does mean you will not be switched to another schedule because of price changes. It does not prevent the airline from cancelling or changing the times of your original flights.

When you book EZAir, Princess guarantees the price you booked at. However, if the flight(s) approach capacity, the airline may tell Princess they cannot offer that price any longer and thus you get switched to different flights but at the price you agreed to.

So paying in full for the flights does mean you will not be switched to another schedule because of price changes. It does not prevent the airline from cancelling or changing the times of your original flights.

This is no longer true.

You keep posting this and this is not true anymore. Read the fine print with Princess air. It used to be that they could raise the price but this is no longer true either (they can pass on taxes if they go up for a flight).

If you can find proof of this, post it, but otherwise, the current wording and conversations with Princess indicate what you keep posting is not accurate.

We got a ridiculously low ezair pricing for our upcoming trip. I read that princess could, I repeat could change the fare until final payment. So I called my agent and had her pay the fare in full. I said to wait until final payment was due for the cruise. She did pay the airfare off and all was good.

to

Any help is appreciated.

We got a ridiculously low ezair pricing for our upcoming trip. I read that princess could, I repeat could change the fare until final payment. So I called my agent and had her pay the fare in full. I said to wait until final payment was due for the cruise. She did pay the airfare off and all was good.

to

This is not true anymore if you read the fine print. They could originally but not anymore. Where did you read this?

So paying in full for the flights does mean you will not be switched to another schedule because of price changes. It does not prevent the airline from cancelling or changing the times of your original flights.[/quote]

Duh..sorry;) couldn't resist, stated by the person who has used EZ-air to or from

South America, England, China, Singapore, Seattle, Australia in the last 18 months.

And flights booked on my own.. to Chicago, New York, Atlanta, San Francisco, England, Venice etc..etc... in the last 2 years.................. some of us fly quite a bit on our own dollar...and have been doing so for years and years.

Have seen policies change left and right.

My posts are from recent experiences. For years seldom have airline flights booked months ahead stayed the same. Just the nature of the beast.

"Coral"...you go girl...:D;)

Okay.....now I am going to be off the main board for a week or maybe forever......

Enj:cool:y...Lori

Edited by land lover

We also got a ridiculously low airfare from Sydney to YVR from EZAir. They did change it a few weeks ago from a 21 hour, 2 flight journey to a 14 hour direct flight home to Vancouver. They did not notify us, but when I went in to check only then did I see it. Obviously definitely in our favour. So, it can go both ways. :D:D:D

• Like 1

So paying in full for the flights does mean you will not be switched to another schedule because of price changes. It does not prevent the airline from cancelling or changing the times of your original flights.[/quote]

What I meant to say is that if your flight still exists with the airline, they won't change you to a "cheaper flight" for their convenience and pricing. Though flights do cancel and change schedules and that will happen.

This is no longer true.

You keep posting this and this is not true anymore. Read the fine print with Princess air. It used to be that they could raise the price but this is no longer true either (they can pass on taxes if they go up for a flight).

If you can find proof of this, post it, but otherwise, the current wording and conversations with Princess indicate what you keep posting is not accurate.

I did not say they raised the price. I said they changed the flights in order to keep the price the same.

There have been a number of posts by others that this has happened to them.

I did not say they raised the price. I said they changed the flights in order to keep the price the same.

They don't do this anymore.

If you read the fine print, they say you are locked in to that flight. Again, flight changes do happen from the airline and if that happens, you may have to change flights. I spoke extensively with my agent concerning this and also she had gone through multiple classes on Ez Air. I know people who have worked for the cruise line and they say it doesn't happen. EZ Air (Flexible) has evolved quite a bit since it first came out.

I was concerned as I have limited flight options where I live. Read the fine print - it has changed from when it first came out.

I would like to see in print that says Princess will change flights (if the flight wasn't canceled) to keep the lower price.

Edited by Coral

Nope. Wrong. Flights are only changed when there is a schedule change with the airline. Get your facts straight.

This happened to us when we flew to Papeete. Princess told us just prior to 45 days before our departure that they didn’t have a contract with the airline we were originally supposed to use. (So why did they show the flights on EZ Air?) They moved us to a different airline which resulted in much higher luggage fees. We could have changed our minds, but by that time all other flights were far more expensive.

That’s the only time we’ve had a really bad experience with EZ Air. We’ve used it three other times with no issues, and are using it again this fall with huge savings.

This happened to us when we flew to Papeete. Princess told us just prior to 45 days before our departure that they didn’t have a contract with the airline we were originally supposed to use. (So why did they show the flights on EZ Air?) They moved us to a different airline which resulted in much higher luggage fees. We could have changed our minds, but by that time all other flights were far more expensive.

That’s the only time we’ve had a really bad experience with EZ Air. We’ve used it three other times with no issues, and are using it again this fall with huge savings.

This is still a tad different. Princess has contracts with airlines and they probably didn't renew a contract. You were not switched because the price went up on the original airline -- you were switched as the cruise line didn't have a contract anymore.

AFAIK the cruise lines pay the airlines in advance for the flights. So whether a flight gets full or not is irrelevant to you in that regard. What Princess and other cruise lines can do is move you around to different flights that they also have paid airlines for. Once you make payment to the cruise line, then the cruise line will lock you into those flights. But it doesn't necessarily mean that Princess paid any more or any less than what they are charging you.