Best Place on Ship to Refill your Water Bottle (other than bathroom sink)?

cruisin'sz

Is there any place on the ship to refill your water bottle (other than your bathroom sink) without getting the evil eye? I know that it is frowned upon to fill your bottle at the water stations in the buffet. Will a bartender do it for you? Getting a pitcher of water from room service once was an option (perhaps I'm dating myself), but no longer seems to be the case (especially in light of the new room service delivery fee)...

No one will object to filling bottles in the buffet if you do not place used containers to the dispenser. Assuming you want to fill a water bottle with a narrow top you will need to bring a small funnel with you from home. Fill a clean cup with water (or any other beverage) then pour the liquid into your bottle from the clean cup using the funnel.

As a rule - I do not drink water from any bathroom sink. People inadvertently hit the faucet w/ their hands, while washing them, after using the commode.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yet you use that same faucet to brush your teeth?

So are you saying you don't use glasses/cups to fill your water bottle and fill it directly from the faucet?

Is it from a combo water fountain/spigot?

I have to admit I find different fears interesting, to say the least. I work in a hospital laboratory. It makes me cringe to shake hands but there are tons of people who insist on it, even when I purposefully leave my hand at my side.

My hospital has a couple combo water fountains/spigots built specifically for refilling sports bottles. You’d think if there was a real danger of disease transmission that a hospital would not have these....

i bleach wipe my bathroom faucet including hte spigot and fill it there. when we aer in a suite, we just get pitchers of water from teh butler.

gym faucets are nasty. i see people literally stick the spigot INSIDE of their water bottle. germs, germs germs!

gym faucets are nasty. i see people literally stick the spigot INSIDE of their water bottle. germs, germs germs!

Unless it is a fountain with a dedicated water bottle filler station, best to always use a glass to fill your bottle, as you never know what someone does when not being monitored.

I just ask for a glass of ice water from one of the bars and then bring it back to the cabin to fill my 32 oz. water bottle (which I use only for the cabin). The glass they give you is probably only 10 oz., but I'll ask 2 or three times over the course of 24 hours and it's enough to keep my water bottle filled for whenever I need hydration in the cabin.