Rum Runners and NCL...

klfhngr

Are they easy to get on board with NCL?

I'M ASKING FOR SOMEONE, I have the UBP! Don't skool me, or feel free to and I'll pass it on to him!

I haven't had the need to used them since UBP was added as a perk but never had a problem. Like the other poster mentioned put them in a shoe. But also make sure there is nothing else in the suitcase to make NCL open it (e.g., clothes hangers, hair dryers, curling irons, etc..)

Cheers!

On our last cruise my husband packed a big bottle of shampoo and lotion. It was honestly just a bottle of shampoo and lotion, but it didnt raise any flags and they didnt search his bag. If those got through, I doubt they are being super thorough.

I haven't had the need to used them since UBP was added as a perk but never had a problem. Like the other poster mentioned put them in a shoe. But also make sure there is nothing else in the suitcase to make NCL open it (e.g., clothes hangers, hair dryers, curling irons, etc..)

Cheers!

Wait, WHAT? Clothes hangers are verboten? We plan to take several.

We got them on board but ended up not really needing it. I think my brother dumped some alcohol out when we left. I know the horror!

WOW! I had a lot left over once and I gave it to my cabin steward. He was so happy, lol!

I take a bubba keg or yeti and fill up before I headed to pool.. Well, I use to...

Oh, I just had a flashback.. I'd take the rum runners in my backpack, order coke then fill er up!

Or, take a flask, fill that up, then go to pool and fill up...

That was a long time ago!

Are they easy to get on board with NCL?

I'M ASKING FOR SOMEONE, I have the UBP! Don't skool me, or feel free to and I'll pass it on to him!

Never had a problem using them but now i take the free alcohol perk so no need for them.

Yes, but not as many of the kind we like. I still want to know whether they'll be a problem.

No problem at all - just extra weight and gear to take along that NCL will provide.

but not as many of the kind we like - and what kind would those be - those with the clips (skirt hangers) ?

The ones with the clips can be used to hang pants capris bermudas from the waist.

I need and use them for my kilts.

NCL has plenty of them ask your cabin attendant.

If you use the ship's laundry services some items come back on a hanger.

No need to pack your wardrobe in a steamer trunk and bring that and the kitchen sink with you ! LOL !

Since the thread was about rum runners - be careful of packing hangers and run runner together least

a hole be punched in the rum container - clothing how sweet it is when soaked in rum - must be some kind

of new drink rum wrung out of well soaked clothing (hopefully clean) - it will all come out in the wash.

Last cruise brought kids so used the 3rd and 4th perk instead. We had a note to go to security for one of our bags. We thought here we go, busted. We had a small fan. They rescanned the suitcase at security and asked how big it was... we said under a certain amount. So never opened the case and thought we were busted. As said above, hid in shoes or snorkel gear etc. seems to be the same as on all cruise lines. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.