Port of Miami

charlielinda

We are planning on taking Uber or shuttle on Monday to the Port. My husband has a bad hip and I have a bad knee. Will we be able to be dropped off where the porters can take our luggage?

Also what time would be a good time to get there? I was thinking 11 ... thoughts.

Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by charlielinda

We usually arrive in Port Miami between 10:30 and 11:00 AM. We can't always be exact because traffic on 1-95 can be unpredictable. If you arrive too early, you may have to stand awhile once inside the building and wait until they actually start letting people go through security and to check in.

As was said above, you can be dropped right at the luggage drop off and, yes, it can be quite congested.

It is very pretty sailing out of Miami. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

We are planning on taking Uber or shuttle on Monday to the Port. My husband has a bad hip and I have a bad knee. Will we be able to be dropped off where the porters can take our luggage?

Also what time would be a good time to get there? I was thinking 11 ... thoughts.

Thanks so much.

I would also recommend that you contact special needs and arrange for a wheelchair (or two) from the curb until you are onboard. It makes boarding a lot easier as they will take you to check in and then a ship's employee will take you onboard. I did this with by SIL and her husband and we were the first to board because of the wheelchair !!!

Steve

Thanks so much.

Yes. 11 a.m is fine.

Uber driver will drop you a few steps away from the cruise terminal.

Dockside porters will take your luggage.

Enjoy your cruise.

King

Also one suggestion.

While there is more than one terminal at Miami, from our experiences at Miami, the terminals are long.

We've always boarded at the last terminal (not sure of the number, but it is the westmost terminal, closest to downtown Miami, but the road takes to you to the east end of Dodge island, and you drive back west). The porters will take your bags anywhere along the drive in front of the terminals, but the entrance for passengers is at the very west end. The drivers like to pull over at the first opening, but then you might have a far walk to the passenger entrance. Not a problem for most, but if you concerned about mobility issues, look for the passenger entrance before getting dropped off.

Have a great trip.

Here is a picture. The passenger entrance is to the left, the luggage drop-off is the whole drive to the right.

2146771103_MiamiG.jpg.1e9e96fec5e5965f6b66a658baceed29.jpg

Edited by rakes5
added Picture

Normally you board at Terminal G, which is the last terminal heading west. Easiest way is to tell the driver to pull up as close to the passenger bridge from the parking garage to the boarding area. The entrance to boarding is right at the foot of the bridge.

Only once have we not boarded at G, we embarked from E and disembarked at G.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Most drivers will ask you which ship you are on when you get in the Uber. They will drop you right at the porters as others have said. I would try to ask a porter about special needs once you get there. They can sometimes radio for a wheelchair if necessary. Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much.

Yes they will.